hes just one person

cowboysfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im gonna make a thread of what im about to say so everyone else can read it too.

I dont know what to call it but it should have a name. The disease or complex or whatever that makes teams and fans believe that replacing one person on a team will dramatically influence the entire team to make them that much better. Favre himself realizes that he doesnt expect to go to the playoffs with the Jets just because he is there. One person doesnt make a team. So if Favre realizes it then what makes anyone think that just having Rogers who IS NOT better than Favre is going to propel GB further than its gone before? if anything GB can probably hope for a season like last year AT BEST. Probably 1 or 2 losses more. Not tryin to stir anything up just being realistic.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowboysfootball said:
So if Favre realizes it then what makes anyone think that just having Rogers who IS NOT better than Favre is going to propel GB further than its gone before? if anything GB can probably hope for a season like last year AT BEST. Probably 1 or 2 losses more. Not tryin to stir anything up just being realistic.
You as why, I ask, why not? According to your philosophy, because Favre left, there is no way we will ever improve. We have improved every year since Thompson took over. You say one player doesn't make a team. I agree. And thats no disrespect to Favre either. I am one of his biggest fans.

Teams win Super Bowls. And thats why I think we have a shot. Because we have a good TEAM.

OP
OP
C

cowboysfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guarantee if Rogers started his season off like Tarvaris Jackson GB would be gettin ready to sit his *** down too LOL

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowboysfootball said:
Im gonna make a thread of what im about to say so everyone else can read it too.

I dont know what to call it but it should have a name. The disease or complex or whatever that makes teams and fans believe that replacing one person on a team will dramatically influence the entire team to make them that much better. Favre himself realizes that he doesnt expect to go to the playoffs with the Jets just because he is there. One person doesnt make a team. So if Favre realizes it then what makes anyone think that just having Rogers who IS NOT better than Favre is going to propel GB further than its gone before? if anything GB can probably hope for a season like last year AT BEST. Probably 1 or 2 losses more. Not tryin to stir anything up just being realistic.

I can't believe that a cowboy fan has the smarts enough to figure this out. I'm going to hate myself for saying this, but your right. rodgers is not better that favre and thats why we WILL SUCK THIS YEAR. Farve was the factor that put us ovr the top. Rodgers is too inexperienced to get us to the SB, and by the time he comes around, this team wont have the same talent on it. We should have took the shot while we had the chance. But who want to go all the way when you can take a gamble on a QB thats going to have to play a couple of years to get up to par? I just hope that TT is fired along with McCarthy and we can talk cower out of retirment before the vikings do. People will wonder in the future what could have been if we had kept #4 with this current team.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowboysfootball said:
...what makes anyone think that just having Rogers who IS NOT better than Favre is going to propel GB further than its gone before?

Judging by how well the GB offensive attack is flowing so far is enough to generate a new & surprising idea for me -

Aaron Rodgers knows the McCarthy playbook much better than Favre ever did. If anyone has ever read Favre's autobiography, he admits to being in the NFL more than a year or two & not knowing what a nickel defense was. He confided in Ty Detmer in a QB meeting & told him as much.

That's not a knock on Favre's intelligence, because he audibles with the best of them. It's only to say that Favre maybe didn't embrace the McCarthy philosophy as much as Rodgers has. Favre took several seasons before he was comfortable with Holmgren's ideals & that was a young Favre. Could be revealing, if that's a fair assessment, in why McCarthy did not stick his neck out more for the older Favre when those June '08 phone calls took place.

In that respect I do believe a healthy Aaron Rodgers is going to surprise a lot of people outside the state of WI.

Now Mike McCarthy needs to prepare Rodgers for how defenses will be scheming to overcome the strengths Aaron has shown thus far in '08. It may take half a season or more to do that so Rodgers has that going for him.

It's a similar sitch to Kurt Warner coming of age in '99 with all that talent surrounding him & they rode it all the way to the NFC Championship where Monte Kiffin's Tampa D finally slowed them down & nearly pulled off the upset.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doughsellz said:
cowboysfootball said:
...what makes anyone think that just having Rogers who IS NOT better than Favre is going to propel GB further than its gone before?

Judging by how well the GB offensive attack is flowing so far is enough to generate a new & surprising idea for me -

Aaron Rodgers knows the McCarthy playbook much better than Favre ever did. If anyone has ever read Favre's autobiography, he admits to being in the NFL more than a year or two & not knowing what a nickel defense was. He confided in Ty Detmer in a QB meeting & told him as much.

That's not a knock on Favre's intelligence, because he audibles with the best of them. It's only to say that Favre maybe didn't embrace the McCarthy philosophy as much as Rodgers has. Favre took several seasons before he was comfortable with Holmgren's ideals & that was a young Favre. Could be revealing, if that's a fair assessment, in why McCarthy did not stick his neck out more for the older Favre when those June '08 phone calls took place.

In that respect I do believe a healthy Aaron Rodgers is going to surprise a lot of people outside the state of WI.

Now Mike McCarthy needs to prepare Rodgers for how defenses will be scheming to overcome the strengths Aaron has shown thus far in '08. It may take half a season or more to do that so Rodgers has that going for him.

It's a similar sitch to Kurt Warner coming of age in '99 with all that talent surrounding him & they rode it all the way to the NFC Championship where Monte Kiffin's Tampa D finally slowed them down & nearly pulled off the upset.

Very true, I agree with you 100%

OP
OP
C

cowboysfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea but he doesnt have half a season or more to learn before his *** is tested. Cowboys this week. Tampa Bay the next.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowboysfootball said:
Yea but he doesnt have half a season or more to learn before his *** is tested. Cowboys this week. Tampa Bay the next.

MIN's D held IND scoreless for 3 quarters. Rodgers faired much better than Peyton Manning against the same D. DAL can only hope to be as tough as MIN. You're mostly right. TAM will be the real test.

TexasPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cowboys tested him already and we were close to beating you guys remember? That doesn't mean anything but Romo tends to crack under pressure. We've seen it the past 2 playoffs, against the Bills last year and this past Monday. He also does recover well, this will be an interesting season to say the least for both the Packers AND the Cowboys. Just because everyone expects Dallas to win the SB this year DOESNT mean you guys will. Who would have EVER guessed the Giants would win it all last year? If we can pressure Romo we'll have a shot if not we'll probably lose. The key is for our D to stay awake ALL 4 quarters this game.

OP
OP
C

cowboysfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but GB doesnt create any pressure..philly does that better and we had mcnabb running all night..we will do the same to rodgers....until we catch him

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowboysfootball said:
but GB doesnt create any pressure..philly does that better and we had mcnabb running all night..we will do the same to rodgers....until we catch him

Congrats to "cowboysfootball" on achieving Waterboy status (50 posts) in just over 23 hours. That's got to be a record. Well done. :clap:

p.s. GB has 6 sacks & ranks 7th in the league. Eagles have 4, good enough for 17th.

GB has 4 INTs & ranks 1st in the league. Eagles have 1, rank 12th.

No pressure, riiiiiiiiiight.

Good research by the way. :clap:

casvdry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TexasPackerFan said:
The Cowboys tested him already and we were close to beating you guys remember? That doesn't mean anything but Romo tends to crack under pressure. We've seen it the past 2 playoffs, against the Bills last year and this past Monday. He also does recover well, this will be an interesting season to say the least for both the Packers AND the Cowboys. Just because everyone expects Dallas to win the SB this year DOESNT mean you guys will. Who would have EVER guessed the Giants would win it all last year? If we can pressure Romo we'll have a shot if not we'll probably lose. The key is for our D to stay awake ALL 4 quarters this game.

If you crack under pressure you don't recover. If you think he's recovered it's because he's never cracked. There's a big difference between cracking under pressure and making the same mistakes every other QB makes. Ask #4 that about your NFC championship game last year.

Stop putting all the blame on Romo. I'm really sick of all these non-cowboys fans who just listen to BSPN and the media to base their thoughts on our QB.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
casvdry said:
TexasPackerFan said:

If you crack under pressure you don't recover. If you think he's recovered it's because he's never cracked. There's a big difference between cracking under pressure and making the same mistakes every other QB makes. Ask #4 that about your NFC championship game last year.

Stop putting all the blame on Romo. I'm really sick of all these non-cowboys fans who just listen to BSPN and the media to base their thoughts on our QB.
Romo did crack last year. You could see it at the end of the playoff game in his body language. Throwing up his arms, yelling at his teammates. But you are right, he is not the only one to blame. There were a lot of dropped passes, and penalties too that contributed to the second half melt down.

I would not say that he cracked under pressure against the Seahawks the year before. He just made a bad play with the hold.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowboysfootball said:

You might as well argue that because the grass is green the moon will spin counterclockwise.

This is one of the stupidest posts I have ever read on the Internet. It has nothing to do with you being a Cowboys fan, you're just an idiot who utilizes the captive audience provided by the Internet.

Blah Blah Blah listen to me talk Blah Blah Blah.

OP
OP
C

cowboysfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
romo has never cracked hes been down way worse than rodgers has ever even seen before and still won the game.

sandtrapjack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can say Romo cracks under pressure all you want, but that is simply an opinion

I like to base my observations on FACTS and not opioniated speculation. And the FACTS of the matter are that since becoming a starter, Romo has the HIGHEST winning percentage for a QB that has 20 starts under his belt.

Since becoming a starter he has ALWAYS been in the top 3 in the NFL for passing yards, TD's and QB rating.

Go ahead and keep talking about the 2 playoff losses, that is fine by me.

Because another FACT is there is a game this weekend, that is not a playoff game.

MoxRox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowboysfootball said:
romo has never cracked hes been down way worse than rodgers has ever even seen before and still won the game.

I gaurantee you that if Rodgers ever finds himself in a playoff game, down, in the fourth quarter, and his receiver drops a gauranteed first down, probable go ahead td pass that he lays perfectly into the receivers hands...we'll see him "crack" too.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just all theory right now. Like guessing the draft. See you Sunday night. Or, Monday morning if for some reason the Boy's pull it out.

If and when the Pack wins I imagine it will quiet down come next week in here.

TexasPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
casvdry said:
TexasPackerFan said:

The irony in your last quote. ANYWAY Romo has cracked under pressure and as I said he HAS RECOVERED WELL. Yes when you crack under pressure you can recover well that's what makes a damn good QB. He can step up when he really needs to. Romo has done that and I'm not dissing your boy, you guys need to learn to read between the lines.

As I said if we can keep pressure on Romo the entire game we'll have a shot. Unlike most Dallas fans in on this board right now I'm trying to be realistic. Just because the media and everyone expects you guys to win doesn't mean you will. The Giants knocked both our teams out of the playoffs last season and both teams were favored to win in those games. Stop being homers and think strategy. If your OL keeps our D out long enough for Romo to make the big plays you guys will win. If we can keep Romo under heavy pressure and Rodgers can keep playing smart we'll have a shot. We'll see come Sunday night.

This is why I don't talk football with most Dallas fans when I go back home to Texas. Most of them refuse to be open minded and discuss football with any intelligence. When I told people last year we were going to be a contender everyone laughed in my face. When I said Romo shouldn't have taken that vacation before the playoffs I got the same response: "It's just the Giants" never doubt any team cause they will sneak up on you if you do just ask the Redskins and for us the Bears.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i believe Dallas is over looking our D big time ... i believe they think they will walk in and get an easy win over Green Bay ... however ,,, i think the Packers match up well with Dallas ... if you look at the D ... Kampman is hott ,, i expect to see him around Romo .... then with KGB in on 3rd downs i think that will just add to the preasure .... then you have woodson ,, who has also got hot ... i believe the packers d will pick a ball or two ... the linbackers are just sick on green bay ,, i dont even want to say anthing else about them ... im just not sure dallas is much better than this Green Bay squad .. i also believe Rodgers wants to come out and make a statment ,, beating dallas would be a great way to do that ... i expect Rodgers to come out and move that ball ... he has been playing well ,, so i dont see him changing that ... also im sure Rodgers will try and drop some deep balls to Jennings and DD ....Some say Rodgers doesnt have a cannon ,, but ill say the KiDDS got an arm ... maybe im wrong ,, but i do believe we will match up well ... eighter way it will be a great game ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts