Heres what they're saying.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been to several Niners forums and the general consensus is that they fear Aaron Rodgers and his ability to move the ball but they don't respect our defense. They show some concern with Lacy... but with him being hobbled they believe he won't be as big as a factor so they are expecting to Tee off on Rodgers thinking we will be in alot of third and longs. One person said that Steven Jackson and Marshawn Lynch are the best backs they have seen this season..and then another poster goes on to say lacy is better than Steven Jackson. From what i've watched and have heard the niners have a hard time against big physichal backs. Well good news for us, Lacy is as big and physichal runner as there is..Starks aint to shabby either. We need to put that theory to the test on short downs. They apparently havn't allowed a 100 yd rusher this season..well, we have allowed like 7 and if i'm correct three or four in a row smh. That has to stop this week seriously.

They are concerned with their secondary so hopefully we get some huge plays in the passing game. Oh and btw Harbaugh owns MM so hopefully MM takes it personally and calls a great game.

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I don't think that Harbaugh owns McCarthy. I think that their OC owns Capers to be sure.

...and I'm going to steal my favorite TV dialogue of all-time again ... and apply it to the Packers D over the last 11 games:

"---is as dull as [it] is unremarkable---"
"--- as lackluster as [it] is soporific.... this reversion to the mean---"
"---this rebuke to the exemplary---"
"---gives hope to the millions unfavored by the exceptional.... not the worst, not the best, just what we're stuck with."

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that Harbaugh owns McCarthy. I think that their OC owns Capers to be sure.

...and I'm going to steal my favorite TV dialogue of all-time again ... and apply it to the Packers D over the last 11 games:

"---is as dull as [it] is unremarkable---"
"--- as lackluster as [it] is soporific.... this reversion to the mean---"
"---this rebuke to the exemplary---"
"---gives hope to the millions unfavored by the exceptional.... not the worst, not the best, just what we're stuck with."

You and i both know the head coaches are the head liners...no one talks about the coordinators!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You and i both know the head coaches are the head liners...no one talks about the coordinators!

Those who know ... recognize that the coordinators lay out the game plan. How much input do you believe McCarthy really has in the defensive game plan. I don't know neither, but I'd guess he pretty much defers to Capers, much the same way a defense orientated HC defers to his OC.

Reaction score
Why would anyone worry about Lacy? You see him in the 4th quarter last game? Hes wore out. that weak bammer conditioning catching up to that fatty. no worries ben tate said he wont be a texan next year, lets him get him and show everyone what a true runnin back would give us.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
We have two physical backs. They'd better not discount Starks.

We do...

They however, have a brutally vicious and capable O-line that actually opens up running lanes allowing a guy like Gore to build up a head of steam. It would be interesting to see what a guy like Lacy could do behind an O-line geared toward the power run, you know? Don't get me wrong, our guys have done reasonably well, but I think we can agree that the 9'ers have a bigger and stronger gang of thugs on the O-line than our guys are... can't we?

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would anyone worry about Lacy? You see him in the 4th quarter last game? Hes wore out. that weak bammer conditioning catching up to that fatty. no worries ben tate said he wont be a texan next year, lets him get him and show everyone what a true runnin back would give us.

go away please.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We do...

They however, have a brutally vicious and capable O-line that actually opens up running lanes allowing a guy like Gore to build up a head of steam. It would be interesting to see what a guy like Lacy could do behind an O-line geared toward the power run, you know? Don't get me wrong, our guys have done reasonably well, but I think we can agree that the 9'ers have a bigger and stronger gang of thugs on the O-line than our guys are... can't we?

Yep. We have a power back behind a finese o-line if that makes sense.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yep. We have a power back behind a finese o-line if that makes sense.

It's kind of funny ... the term finesse being used to describe a whole bunch of great big fat guys that smash their bodies up against other great big fat guys ... but, that is exactly it. Describing our line as smaller and more mobile when you're talking about 300+ lbs per... and the national guys refer to them as small and 'athletic' - it kills me, but it is true.Being "athletic" has become a slam...lmao....

Josh Sitton was on the Larry McCarren TV show earlier in the year and McCarren brought that up, I think because he knew it would just needle Sitton (who is kind of a pri*k in real life, I guess) .... anyway, swear to God, Sitton's eyes just about went into full squint... LMAO.

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, lets just use lacy 10 or so plays a game... the way he finishes runs makes him probably the second most valuable player on our team...

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

keep taking your medication there :)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
yeah, lets just use lacy 10 or so plays a game... the way he finishes runs makes him probably the second most valuable player on our team...

Barring injury ... John Brockington could be relegated to history's dustbin -- Lacy has me as excited for a Packers running back as Brock did in the early 70's ... THAT was a power runner... I just loved the guy...and then, he was teamed with Mac Lane. Man, it was fun watching that run game being executed.

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barring injury ... John Brockington could be relegated to history's dustbin -- Lacy has me as excited for a Packers running back as Brock did in the early 70's ... THAT was a power runner... I just loved the guy...and then, he was teamed with Mac Lane. Man, it was fun watching that run game being executed.
Marked as funny as I was born in 85 hahaha... Lacy and Rodgers didn't get much time together this year, and Lacy even with missing 2-3 games is a top RB this year. It makes me Super excited. Just saw a rookie highlights vid for Lacy on the youtubes... made my hair raise..

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
also, he's injury issues?? hes been running fine on a sprained ankle, other then that he was concussed by an arsewhole head hunter. Was Ben Tate ever healthy this year?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Marked as funny as I was born in 85 hahaha... Lacy and Rodgers didn't get much time together this year, and Lacy even with missing 2-3 games is a top RB this year. It makes me Super excited. Just saw a rookie highlights vid for Lacy on the youtubes... made my hair raise..

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Oh yeah!!! Good stuff. :) That's what I'm talking about. My favorite is the one at the 4 minute mark... just love it! Despise the music... man o' livin' why do they always have to run crap music with these videos... turn the sound off.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
you sir are just completely delusional...

No Josh ... he's either a "troll" or a forum poster using a fake name to agitate (that's a smurf). No Packers fan in their right mind...or at least sober...makes a dumb statement like that.

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must have the person blocked because I see nothing lol

I'm sorry, I want the Pack to have a real running game. Better off starting Starks and then have Lacy come in. Lacy starts slow and always end up injured. Starks is much faster and still can run tough

Nothing Lacy can do that Franklin can't do better

joshsup17 said:
you sir are just completely delusional...
How do you know, he never got his chance? Look at the holes Lacy has in that video you put and tell me Franklin couldnt do the same thing. Lacy got a lot of help from the oline

quotes from packerfansinceforever... he is now also blocked by me

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts