Here's what I don't understand (Moss)

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see alot of people here saying he wanted to go to a SB contender.

I see the Pack as a SB contender. Who in the NFC is far and away better than them IF we have Moss and a proven RB?

With those two things, we could easily be talking SB this year.

So why is everyone content with TT's 10 year plan when we could be winning now?

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philadelphia
Chicago
Dallas
Seattle
New York
Carolina
New Orleans

are all far and away better. Even with a back and Moss, you still have a below average defense, an aging, interception prone QB an idiot for a coach. I like when the Pack are good. I love the rivalry....but let's be honest here.

OP
OP
A

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All is see is this reporter saying that. Doesn't mean squat to me. There are no sources.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's what all of the media sources have been saying all day. It's(they're) the only source(s). So until anyone can cite anything that suggests otherwise then please stop crying, it's not the end of the world, the forces of good and evil aren't about to clash in the final clamactic battle. Bottom line is all indications are that Moss wanted to go to New England and that's how it worked out.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's our options:

1. Send Al Davis a 3rd and hope NE doesn't match (outbid NE). Then, try to convince a guy who doesn't want to come, won't restructure and will count $9 mil on our cap to give it his all.

2. Let him go to NE.

Do people really find option 1 an attractive one? And that's even with the caveat that Randy would agree to come here (not pull a TO with Baltimore) and that NE wouldn't also trump our offer.

I just don't see any rational way we could land Randy once NE got involved.

OP
OP
A

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philadelphia
Chicago
Dallas
Seattle
New York
Carolina
New Orleans

are all far and away better. Even with a back and Moss, you still have a below average defense, an aging, interception prone QB an idiot for a coach. I like when the Pack are good. I love the rivalry....but let's be honest here.

The only team you list that scares me to the point of saying "no chance" is NO.

We beat Chicago last year (don't tell me they weren't trying) and with this particular rivalry, anything can happen.

Dallas hasn't proven anything. Chalk Romo up to lucky and will be lucky to finish above .500 this year.

New York has a QB that can't put points on the board when it counts. This one would be even money with your booky (depending on home field)

Carolina has alot of older guys who look to be on the backside of their careers. They underachieved last year, and I haven't heard of them picking up anyone stellar.

I don't think the Pack would have a chance against NO, but hey, we still have Favre and he alone can inspire a team for a game.

Remember, all these things I am throwing out there are IF the Pack got a Moss and a RB in the offseason. With the current roster I don't see us above what we did last year unfortunately.

I am not a pessimist, I am merely a realist. The Pack got worse this offseason, not better, so how can I think they would do better this year?

I would like to see TT TRY a little harder. We have the most money in years to spend, and we can't get anyone? And if I'm wrong and TT is trying hard to get quality FAs in, why won't they come? What do they see that they won't sign? If these guys are seeing something so bad that they will not come to GB, we need to fix THAT problem too.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philadelphia
Chicago
Dallas
Seattle
New York
Carolina
New Orleans

Are you out of your damn mind???

Dallas??

Seattle??
New York???
Carolina???

Keep your mouth shut until you know what you are talking about. We dominated Philly in the first half of our game with them last year and this was with inexperienced rookies at many spots. We split the series with Chicago. WTF are you talking about?

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the current roster I don't see us above what we did last year unfortunately.
So adding 11 picks, Frank Walker plus a year of development for one of the youngest team in football (who played with a rookie coach last season) will be enough to offset the loss of Green (75 yards rushing/game), Henderson (12 catches) and David Martin (21 catches)?

I am not a pessimist
I'd say that's pretty pessimistic.

OP
OP
A

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is that our key guys: Favre, Driver, Al Harris, Charles Woodson are all KEY players who are getting up in years. How long are we going to wait. When the new guys get good (and we don't know they will), we will be trying to fill those spots as well.

What happens when Donald goes across the middle and is out for the year with a knee or something else? Who's gonna fill that spot?

We have an unproven rookie as our 3rd RB, with two mediocre, at best, guys ahead of him.

No good TE to speak of.

Where are the points going to come?

That is realistic thinking there. I know we can if and but all day long but what we have is a team of older guys who can still play, a stud young LB, and the rest are average players or unproven players.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is that our key guys: Favre, Driver, Al Harris, Charles Woodson are all KEY players who are getting up in years.

yeah, so you draft guys who will become your key guys once the old key guys are gone... like jennings, hawk, collins. where's the problem?

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see alot of people here saying he wanted to go to a SB contender.

I see the Pack as a SB contender. Who in the NFC is far and away better than them IF we have Moss and a proven RB?

With those two things, we could easily be talking SB this year.

So why is everyone content with TT's 10 year plan when we could be winning now?

Because everyone here probably doesnt really care. We could easily have contended for the superbowl next year and two years after that if mgmt. wasnt so stupid. We had a chance to have an awesome offense. Instead, we got some MORE depth at D-line and depth at running back. We got a running back in round 2 that we could have easily had in rd 4. Hell, i bet Wynn will beat our Jackson. I like the pickup of Wynn later in the draft. But our first two picks were bad mgmt. Not MAKING the Randy Moss situation work was bad mgmt. Not getting a tight end this offseason was bad mgmt.

So funny how the Patriots can have all these superstars on there team and still afford Randy Moss but the Packers who have more cap space than anyone else can not. Very interesting huh?

Keep saving cap space and padding your bonus TT. I'll root for someone else.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
what does extra cap space have to do with ted thompson's bonus?

Probably because his bonus might be tied to how much profit the team makes. And Randy Moss would take a chunk our of our cap space. Im not saying Harrel is a bad player, he probably will turn out to be very good from what ive heard. But we DID NOT need him. We needed safety, TE, LB, CB, WR. We got none of those. Jackson may or may not be a decent player but he is not a superstar or anyone who will improve our team greatly. I believe Wynn from Univ of Florida will be better and we got him in rd 6 or 7

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and you think that extra cap space money has a whole lot to do with the amount of profit the team makes? i assure you, that money pales in comparison to ticket sales, television contracts, merchandise. go lie down and come back to the boards in a few days when you get your head back on straight. you are deluded.

Reaction score
The Packers salary cap comes from LEAGUE revenue. (mostly through TV contracts).

They do not spend their own money on the cap.

Ted doesn't get any bonus from having space left over.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
The Packers salary cap comes from LEAGUE revenue. (mostly through TV contracts).

WHAMMY!

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

WHAMMY!

But wait a minute...I hate TT so I have to make up reasons to hate him more /sarcasm.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

WHAMMY!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it weren't so much fun watching Flapack put his foot in his mouth, well I don't know what I'd do.

I didn't see anywhere where it states that Moss' numbers were higher for GB than NE. However, I don't doubt it.

Moss is not worth $9 mil. At that point, I'd tell him to stick it too. Add in that he went to the AFC and it's less of a concern. If we got into a bidding war with Chicago over him, I would have had a harder time keeping non-emotional about it.

Moss is no gaurantee, and the way this league works, his going to NE for a SB chance means they're not going to get close. It will be interesting to look back on all of this come the play offs.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
what does extra cap space have to do with ted thompson's bonus?

Probably because his bonus might be tied to how much profit the team makes. And Randy Moss would take a chunk our of our cap space. Im not saying Harrel is a bad player, he probably will turn out to be very good from what ive heard. But we DID NOT need him. We needed safety, TE, LB, CB, WR. We got none of those. Jackson may or may not be a decent player but he is not a superstar or anyone who will improve our team greatly. I believe Wynn from Univ of Florida will be better and we got him in rd 6 or 7

Apparently, you only looked at the RBs that we drafted. I see a safety in Rouse, 2 WRs, 2 LBs (when was that a weakness with Hawk, Barnett, and Popinga??) and a TE who had a reception in all but maybe 3 games that he played in college.

Anyone who plays fanasy football knows that the Patriots are one of the most fickle teams in the league as far as running 90% of the time one game then passing 75% of the time the next. How long before Moss gets tired of being ignored for complete games at a time?

Add to that, Clowney or K-Rob can give us the speed that we need for a minimum cap hit and I think we will be sitting OK.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I believe it was a good thing that Moss didn't come to GB. If he really wanted to be on a winning team and have a shot at the super bowl, NE was probably the better choice. Let's face it, GB more then likely isn't going to be a Super Bowl team this season. I believe they will be competitive, possibly going 9-7 maybe even 10-6 (stretch), but a team full of 20-22 year olds just probably won't make it all the way. If the pack weren't doing well for a couple weeks, maybe in one of those 1-4 ruts, I can see Moss *****ing, drawing negative media attention, only giving about 50% and just being an overall negative impact on the team, especially the young players. I think it would have been great to have him, IF his heart was in it, but it was obvious that he would not have been happy to be on a "losing" team or a team that possibly might not make the playoffs. I can see TT noticing this and deciding that, keeping his steep price in mind, that it just wasn't worth it. I believe he is looking for a team that are all on the same page. Full or heart, drive, and dedication that it takes to win, even if it isn't this year. While I don't necessarily agree with TT's actions, I can see why he let Moss go. Let NE deal with him.

Also, I read somewhere that the Lions might end up trading WR Calvin Johnson for additional picks to fill their roster. I don't know much about him, but maybe there is a chance we could aquire him? Although, that seems unlikely that Detroit would trade their 2nd overal draft pic to a division rival. But still, the thought of having a 6"4, 237 lb wide out for Favre sounds nice none-the-less.

I'm not an expert on what kind of trading goes on between teams between the present and the start of the season, but shouldn't we be able to pick up a solid offensive weapon via trade? Especially with the depth at RB, LB, DT, etc.

Just a thought.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts