Here we go again...........

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
just goes to show you how influenced we all are by the media. We all agree here that this report is crap, and all the other reports are doing a disservice to the team, etc. etc. etc. But here we all are, doing exactly what the media wants us to be doing; talking about it and clicking on their website.

Because its Brett Favre were talking about here u cant help but clicking on a website with Favre's name on it.

You know what Favre could become like Michael Jordan, his name will always sell.....

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What struck me immediately with Favre, during his retirement press conference, is his reference to having to watch film and study. It seemed like that was as much or more of a drain on him than the physical preparation. So I imagine that the game has changed and it certainly seems a requirement now as opposed to previous years that to have any real success, i.e. playoffs, that a QB must study - diligently! He as much as indicated that if he could just come in and play that he would stay around and play and that's what he's almost saying now. That is, if the Packers needed him in a pinch he'd come in and just play. I suppose because a lot wouldn't be required of him - except to play.

I guess for Favre, the end just didn't justify the means any longer. Bus Cook was/is probably shopping Favre around for a team where the expectations just aren't that high and where Favre could just have fun playing football for a couple more years. That place (where expectations are low) doesn't appear to be Green Bay any longer thank goodness!

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What struck me immediately with Favre, during his retirement press conference, is his reference to having to watch film and study. It seemed like that was as much or more of a drain on him than the physical preparation. So I imagine that the game has changed and it certainly seems a requirement now as opposed to previous years that to have any real success, i.e. playoffs, that a QB must study - diligently! He as much as indicated that if he could just come in and play that he would stay around and play and that's what he's almost saying now. That is, if the Packers needed him in a pinch he'd come in and just play. I suppose because a lot wouldn't be required of him - except to play.

I guess for Favre, the end just didn't justify the means any longer. Bus Cook was/is probably shopping Favre around for a team where the expectations just aren't that high and where Favre could just have fun playing football for a couple more years. That place (where expectations are low) doesn't appear to be Green Bay any longer thank goodness!

Yup, I caught that reference too about the studying and film watching. I think he really wants to play and not have to do any of the "grunt work". It makes sense that Bus would be shopping him.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Defenses have become tremendously more complex, and will show a lot of fakes. You think you'll be getting one form of a defense and right at the snap, it will be completely different and you'll end up throwing an interception because you didn't anticipate the defender being there.

So, so much for natural talent. It's no longer like a pick up game of tackle football where you and your buddy know instinctively where to place the ball and you score 5 straight TDs on them. Instead of relying on instinct, you have to study formations for hours each night, knowing the difference between where they line up and where they really are going to be after the ball is snapped.

The coaches who consistently win are the ones who can have the most adaptive defenses. Look at the Giants for instance. We were a more complete team position by position than the Giants. yet, they won the SB, not us.

Does Brett Favre want to continually do all this crap? No. He wishes it was like how it was in the 90s when the West Coast Offense was still somewhat new and a good offense can overpower a good defense.

I'm sure this played into why he retired. Look how bad he was in the 2 seasons before '07. Look at '07. the difference between those seasons is MM understood the NFL was changing and changed with it, adapted to it, and became a premier coach in the new NFL. He convinced Favre to study film until his eyes were bloodshot.

Favre repeatedly said in interviews that if it was just playing 3 hours on Sunday, he'd want to keep playing but it's not like that any more. If it was, we'd be 8-8 and missing the playoffs instead of 13-3 and losing the CG in overtime by the team that went on to win the SB (and giving the SB winner a better game than the Pats gave them).

Members online

Latest posts