Here we go again...........

Reaction score
EDIT - Thanks I see now. You know it`s kinda funny how many people have misused Brett`s rambling nature against him.

Sticking to Brett`s response to the question asked would have been the responsible route for the reporter to go, instead of adding fuel to the fire about a possible return by Brett.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Quote: "Aaron has fallen into a great situation. And if that opportunity presented itself and they did call, it would be tempting. And I very well could be enticed to do it."

AARON HAS FALLEN? FALLEN? into a great situation?

I have a challenge with that statement.

Aaron has not Fallen into anything. He has Risen up to this situation and opportunity. Aaron has studied, took his snaps in practice, played the opposition Q.B in practice all week before Brett's game day.

He has worked, studied again, and performed like a champion in his opportunity in the Dallas Game.

He has Not Fallen into a great situation. He has risen up and earned this opportunity.

Now... If the Packers never made him their first round pick years ago, and the packers had to sign a re-hashed free agent Q.B. like Culpepper to take over as the leader of this offence next year "I Would agree that Culpepper FELL INTO A GREAT SITUATION.

I do not know... But words say a great deal when you look at them in a statement.

I sure hope Brett is not bitter. Not upset. And did not feel he was pushed out in a very subtle manner like it has been reported he may have been.

I wish Brett would have said: "Aaron has worked hard, studied well and will make the most of this opportunity. He has earned the right to run down the tunnel and take charge of tomorrow."

I would have loved it if Brett passed the torch with a positive statement like that to the fans of Green Bay.

I think Arron has earned it, and not fallen into anything.

R.P.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think hes truly happy to be retired, he will always have second thoughts as to if he made the right decision. But just like he said he eventually would have had to retire, I am just thankful he could still walk off the field in pretty good health.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Brett Quote: "Aaron has fallen into a great situation. And if that opportunity presented itself and they did call, it would be tempting. And I very well could be enticed to do it."

Aaron has not Fallen into anything. He has Risen up to this situation and opportunity. Aaron has studied, took his snaps in practice, played the opposition Q.B in practice all week before Brett's game day.

He has worked, studied again, and performed like a champion in his opportunity in the Dallas Game.

He has Not Fallen into a great situation. He has risen up and earned this opportunity.

Now... If the Packers never made him their first round pick years ago, and the packers had to sign a re-hashed free agent Q.B. like Culpepper to take over as the leader of this offence next year "I Would agree that Culpepper FELL INTO A GREAT SITUATION.

I do not know... But words say a great deal when you look at them in a statement.

I sure hope Brett is not bitter. Not upset. And did not feel he was pushed out in a very subtle manner like it has been reported he may have been.

I wish Brett would have said: "Aaron has worked hard, studied well and will make the most of this opportunity. He has earned the right to run down the tunnel and take charge of tomorrow."

I would have loved it if Brett passed the torch with a positive statement like that to the fans of Green Bay.

R.P.

He has FALLEN into a great situation. He hasn't earned anything really.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

R.P.

So he was GIVEN the starting job? He hasn't earned it?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he earned it by working his *** off and impressing the coaches for 3 years.

but I've been wrong before.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Great Post. I have never thought of it that way. You make some great arguments and points.

I appreciate being corrected, for I make a great deal of stupid statements based on my warped, self centered opinion.

Can a "Monitor" please delete my post and all posts below it.

I feel like a fool.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think being drafted in the NFL is earning something. I mean that's quite the accomplishment by itself. Rodgers has earned the right to start for the Packers through hard work his entire life.

I don't think Favre meant that Rodgers hasn't earned the job as the starting QB as the Packers. I think he meant that Rodgers is going to be the starter on a team that has a lot of talent and just played in the NFC Title game. That is falling into a great situation. At least that's how I took it.

On Favre coming back due to injury. If Rodgers went down in training camp and he would have to miss a significant amount of time, then I think the Pack should give Favre a call. If he says no then you tried. It's nice to see that Favre is leaving the door open for a return if Rodgers were to get hurt.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Favre meant that Rodgers hasn't earned the job as the starting QB as the Packers.

i agree.

Brett made himself very clear how he felt about Rodgers during his retirement speech. i think this is taking a poorly formed sentence and attaching a negative sentiment to it. a tad lame IMO.

"You people? what do you mean, 'You people'?"

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Favre isn't completely out in Green Bay?

I know I know, I don't believe he'll come back, but this entry on ESPN Hashmarks makes you wonder, maybe #4 Isn't done in Green Bay. This is apparently based on Favre's response to the Sun Herald in Biloxi: http://www.sunherald.com/brett/story/475495.html

What do you guys think, is Favre just giving the reporters more smoke to filter through? Or is Favre merely trying to give a little respect to the Franchise that traded for him so many years ago?

hrms.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
I don't think Favre meant that Rodgers hasn't earned the job as the starting QB as the Packers.

i agree.

Brett made himself very clear how he felt about Rodgers during his retirement speech. i think this is taking a poorly formed sentence and attaching a negative sentiment to it. a tad lame IMO.

"You people? what do you mean, 'You people'?"

exactly. Brett is an honest guy. says exactly what comes into his mind at the second it appears.

just a situation where it was poorly worded. Basically.... we need to get the microphones and video cameras off of him for awhile.... so that we can be a normal freakin franchise and move on a little bit. tell Nick Barnett to go smack some chick around at night club or something... we need some attention on the team.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Maybe Favre isn't completely out in Green Bay?

just let him go. its for the best. for everyone.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Maybe Favre isn't completely out in Green Bay?

just let him go. its for the best. for everyone.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Heh, I'm not saying He needs to come back, I've been saying for a while I think he's done, but the fact that Favre said this to a news paper is very interesting nonetheless.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just goes to show you how influenced we all are by the media. We all agree here that this report is crap, and all the other reports are doing a disservice to the team, etc. etc. etc. But here we all are, doing exactly what the media wants us to be doing; talking about it and clicking on their website.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How many here made a choice on something and knew in YOUR heart it was the right call and would never change it...

But weeks later you start to ask yourself, was it the right choice...

I know I have

Brett is retired and is staying retired

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
always. like i said a few weeks ago. i am sure he will have many changes of heart. but his decision will stay the same.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he earned it by working his *** off and impressing the coaches for 3 years.

Let's not forget he busted his *** for 4 years in college. That accounts for something in my book. It's sort of how we decided to draft him in the first round, so it should account for something.

OP
OP
T

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
just goes to show you how influenced we all are by the media. We all agree here that this report is crap, and all the other reports are doing a disservice to the team, etc. etc. etc. But here we all are, doing exactly what the media wants us to be doing; talking about it and clicking on their website.

Because its Brett Favre were talking about here u cant help but clicking on a website with Favre's name on it.

Members online

Latest posts