Heartwarming story

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoops! Looks like there is more to the story. This was found on another website with the same story:

The real motivation behind it is because the current bike was too small or uncomfortable for Linsley. What Linsley got for Travis is an adult size bike.
"It's OK since Travis will be able to grow in just a few years and then be able to ride it everywhere and to his hearts content. But for now I have a much sweeter and better ride to practice," said Linsley.
Kidding! I'm just kidding. No, really. It was a very nice and sweet gesture and what else makes it awesome is going bike shopping with a Packer. What a lucky kid!

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a great story and should be shared..he just made that family's year

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow that is a feel good story. Feel good story of the year contender.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
wonder if any other packers have bought kids bikes? Would make sense, these guys are huge and had to have broken a bike or two at some point. I know personally, I wouldn't want BJ Raji choosing to ride my bike..... I would be like " yo, mason crosby, choose my bike please" lol..... my bike meant the world to me as a kid.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I love how the Brett Favre thread has 12 pages of comments, but all of the fans on here who claim the Packers are such a HUGE part of their life aren't reading or posting about this amazing story. Shameful.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how the Brett Favre thread has 12 pages of comments, but all of the fans on here who claim the Packers are such a HUGE part of their life aren't reading or posting about this amazing story. Shameful.
Then maybe we should post anything at all just to keep this bumped. :whistling:
On second thought, I don't think I need to know about Aunt Greta's bunions.
Never mind. :)

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

True, but in no way shape or form is this controversial. Just a feel good news snipit. It jsut like anything else news/media related: if it is war, tragedy, scandal, or general crap, the people need to see it, they thrive on it..... if a puppy is rescued from a storm drain, it goes unnoticed. Hell, I see SOOOO many young Marines down here with the bronze star and purple heart medals and you never hear about what they did.....one young 21 year old Marine pulled 4 of his buddies out of a burning humvee that was hit by an IED, when did ya hear about that? If it's good stuff, goes unnoticed, if it's bad it gets all the love.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does a player bond with just one kid and exclusively ride that kid's bike to practice?
Or does a player pick a different bike each day or a bit of both?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Does a player bond with just one kid and exclusively ride that kid's bike to practice?

I think they bond with an individual kid or so I read.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

Its both. Players know what kids show up the most too, and those kids get more bike rides. I showed up pretty religiously when I was a kid and I had Antonio Freemna right with me for all of training camp when I was 11. Its both tho....depends on the player.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
True, but in no way shape or form is this controversial. Just a feel good news snipit. It jsut like anything else news/media related: if it is war, tragedy, scandal, or general crap, the people need to see it, they thrive on it..... if a puppy is rescued from a storm drain, it goes unnoticed. Hell, I see SOOOO many young Marines down here with the bronze star and purple heart medals and you never hear about what they did.....one young 21 year old Marine pulled 4 of his buddies out of a burning humvee that was hit by an IED, when did ya hear about that? If it's good stuff, goes unnoticed, if it's bad it gets all the love.

Sadly you are correct. That breaks my heart to hear. We should be drawing more attention to the good things on a daily basis

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 things. First, great usage of the word "********" oshkosh. My wife and I were talking (and being dorks) the other night about words we used to use as kids that we should bring back. ******** came up and I have since been trying hard to bring it back to prominence. It is a word that makes you laugh while avoiding the over the top, offensive, shock value words that have taken over the American lexicon. Well played my friend and you are in no way a ********!

Second and more importantly...this story highlights all that is good in football and how the Packers shine as the brightest example of how a sports team can impact a community. This kid is going through so much and I can only imagine how scared he is having to deal with his mothers illness. It warms my heart to think of how much this act by Linsley has impacted this youngster. This is the kind of story that makes me sit up a little straighter in my chair and hold my head high knowing that the team I love more than any other is a first class outfit. THIS is what is right and noble in sport. THIS is what should be highlighted more in news coverage. THIS makes me happy...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then maybe we should post anything at all just to keep this bumped. :whistling:
On second thought, I don't think I need to know about Aunt Greta's bunions.
Never mind. :)
2 things. First, great usage of the word "********" oshkosh. My wife and I were talking (and being dorks) the other night about words we used to use as kids that we should bring back. ******** came up and I have since been trying hard to bring it back to prominence. It is a word that makes you laugh while avoiding the over the top, offensive, shock value words that have taken over the American lexicon. Well played my friend and you are in no way a ********!
Well gee. You didn't have to take my advice literally! LOL :D

Second and more importantly...this story highlights all that is good in football and how the Packers shine as the brightest example of how a sports team can impact a community. This kid is going through so much and I can only imagine how scared he is having to deal with his mothers illness. It warms my heart to think of how much this act by Linsley has impacted this youngster. This is the kind of story that makes me sit up a little straighter in my chair and hold my head high knowing that the team I love more than any other is a first class outfit. THIS is what is right and noble in sport. THIS is what should be highlighted more in news coverage. THIS makes me happy...
OK This is more like it to give it a bump! ;)

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well gee. You didn't have to take my advice literally! LOL :D

OK This is more like it to give it a bump! ;)

Yeah, it was my effort to keep it a touch lighthearted. Probably could have gone without the ******** commentary but I have to stay true to myself. Also, forgive me but I have no clue as to what a bump is. Fill me in please...thx

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it was my effort to keep it a touch lighthearted. Probably could have gone without the ******** commentary but I have to stay true to myself. Also, forgive me but I have no clue as to what a bump is. Fill me in please...thx
First of all, I'm just joking around with you so we are cool.

Second, bump means to post anything just for the sake to put the thread back on top of the page that contains all the thread titles to draw attention or to get more responses to it if it gets buried under a bunch of other titles.
Not on this board but I have seen others just write the word, "Bump" on other boards or forums when there is nothing constructive to add to the conversation.
Bumping the thread doesn't seem to happen with this forum very much that I am aware of.
I hope that clears it up for you.

Last edited:

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, I'm just joking around with you so we are cool.

Second, bump means to post anything just for the sake to put the thread back on top of the page that contains all the thread titles to draw attention or to get more responses to it if it gets buried under a bunch of other titles.
Not on this board but I have seen others just write the word, "Bump" on other boards or forums when there is nothing constructive to add to the conversation.
Bumping the thread doesn't seem to happen with this forum very much that I am aware of.
I hope that clears it up for you.

Gotcha and thanks. I was chuckling as I was typing so I knew you were joking all along bro. No sweat and thanks again.

Members online

Latest posts