Head Coach Matt LaFleur introductory press conference

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Mark's intro, it sounded like some of us thought. They may have had an idea of who their top pick(s) were going in, nobody really stood out and then MaLF came in last and really impressed them.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure if Gute doesn't like speaking or what but MM definitely likes to do the talking.

I don't fault him for it but LaFleur definitely comes off a bit nervous. I'm still beyond excited we got him!

Isn't it great that we can now use MM and not have to specify. I think that is one reason he is gone. MM (Mark Murphy) got confused reading all the forums and thought it was Mike McCarthy everyone wanted fired.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He said he was going to work on building his staff immediately following completion of the presser, I wonder if we’ll see Zook and Whitt gone within a few hours :D

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
He said he was going to work on building his staff immediately following completion of the presser, I wonder if we’ll see Zook and Whitt gone within a few hours :D
Matt's brother Mike wasn't there today. He took Zook and Whitt to Hawaii with him and the Packers only paid for one way tickets. ;)

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Isn't it great that we can now use MM and not have to specify. I think that is one reason he is gone. MM (Mark Murphy) got confused reading all the forums and thought it was Mike McCarthy everyone wanted fired.
I never refer to Mark Murphy as MM, usually "Murph", but I still always picture this guy!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted this on the other page, but I don't fault him for being nervous. Probably never was bombarded with questions being an OC. I think he handled it well and the way he was babbling on and on tells me he didn't have robot answers in his head. It was a little prepped but also a little from the hip. The longer it went on the more comfortable he got and he came off as genuine. From someone that didn't know his name a week ago, I walk away impressed from my first impression. Excited to see what happens next.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not commited about Pettine. Interesting.

Rodell, I thought that was the main point why McDaniels is not the new HC of the Packers. Your theory gets worse day by day. By the way, according to both Gute and Murphy, McDaniels also wasn't impressive in his interview.

Not surprised at all. His press conferences in Denver were wishy washy and buffoonish, so no surprise he didn't impress.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hopefully the fans lined up in droves outside offering to Uber those two clowns to the airport

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully the Packers will post the video online for the rest of us saps that weren't able to watch during the day!

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watched the replay. MLF talked about "bringing a Lombardi Trophy back here to GB". One? That's it?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't watched the whole thing, but from what I did see does appear nervous but he's saying all the right things. I don't mean all the generic right things, I mean all the right things specific to the Packers, what needs fixed and all. He also strikes me as not being a very big guy. Might be odd to see him telling all these huge athletes what to do. From what I hear he's an easy going, athlete-friendly type of coach.

You start small with one and work on more.
Yeah, gotta get one before you can go on to the rest.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was an introductory press conference and was pretty much exactly as I expected it to be. Nothing special. Nothing to get worked up over and nothing to get excited about.

On Murphy's contribution- As expected. Thanks to everyone involved, we looked far and wide, Matt blew us away, we knew he was our guy, we are very excited to move forward etc. etc.

Gute- same thing. Look forward to working with him, know he will bring back the winning tradition, will get the most out of our guys

LaFleur- Nervous but expected. Seemed humble and truly grateful to get the job. Look forward to meeting everyone, will hold them accountable, get back to winning, its a dream job yada yada yada.

I don't want to sound harsh but like I said what was there to expect. You wanted a detailed plan on how he expected to beat the Bears defense in their first game?

LaFleur came off as sincere and respectful and appreciative not only to Murphy, Gute and the Packers but to everyone he ever was associated with. Some guys just rub you the wrong way from the start but I didn't get that vibe from him. Sure he was nervous but who wouldn't be. Didn't come off as too rah rah or too preachy.

My first impression is that I am going to like him. Will he be a good coach? That remains to be seen but anyone who went into this with any preconceived notions either way and had them either confirmed or dispelled sure saw a hell of a lot more than I did.

I'm excited to see what the change will bring on the field and I am hopeful that he can get us back to the Super Bowl and bring the Lombardi trophy home but I felt pretty much the exact same way before I watched the press conference.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LaFleur came off as sincere and respectful and appreciative not only to Murphy, Gute and the Packers but to everyone he ever was associated with.
Agreed. It's a prestigious position and he's a young guy. It's the frigging Green Bay Packers after all!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Welcome to Green Bay to the LeFleurs! Matt, Luke, BreAnne and Ty.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts