Hawk and Hodge Update

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Sounds like there is a real possibility of AJ getting signed before the 1st practice tonight...

I'm still wondering what is going on with Hodge though? I can't imagine it being that hard to sign #67 in the 3rd round. Does anybody know any details about this?

http//www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060728/PKR0205/607280543/1989
Patience, buddy. I heard Hodge was a little upset about falling into the third round, and may be trying to extract a little extra cash flow.

I'm excited about Hodge because you don't get a nickname like the Butcher for having Deion Sanders tackling skills.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line....you were picked where you were picked. Suck it up, buttercup...sign the paper at the slotted value, get into camp, kick some ***, and all the money and accolades will be yours.

I did not know his nickname was "The Butcher". Gotta love it, man!!

Honest to gosh, I am damn near as excited about Hodge as I am about Hawk....just about messed myself when we selected him in the 3rd.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im with you digs... i didnt know his nick name was "the butcher" that is absolutely fantastic. i smell a legendary LB corps forming.

were gonna have Hawk/Barnett/Butcher if we come up with a good nickname for NB we would have one intimidating LB corp. at least namewise.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
im with you digs... i didnt know his nick name was "the butcher" that is absolutely fantastic. i smell a legendary LB corps forming.

were gonna have Hawk/Barnett/Butcher if we come up with a good nickname for NB we would have one intimidating LB corp. at least namewise.
Samurai - although I wish he would only do that dance when we are actually winning the game.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cannot do that Dakota....there is only one "Samurai", and that is Mike Singletary. Even though he was a Bear, you gotta respect the man, his play, and his name.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Cannot do that Dakota....there is only one "Samurai", and that is Mike Singletary. Even though he was a Bear, you gotta respect the man, his play, and his name.
I do respect him, Singletary is who I compare Hodge to. A little undersized and a whole lotta heart and tenacity.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bottom line with Hodge is that if you slipped to the 3rd round you don't take it out on the team that drafted you. What the hell is that all about? What you do is you sign the contract in the slot that you're in, and if you want a big time contract one day, you earn that by how you play.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have heard that the big sticking point on Hodge may be the length of the contract. Apparently, he wants a 3 yr. deal which I think is ridiculas. He wants to be on his second contract earlier.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Training camp hasn't started. Unless Hodge goes weeks without a deal I wouldn't start to complain about it. Also remember, his agent does the deal and his agent not only wants the best deal for Hodge, but himself as well.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to various media sources they're both signed. Hawk's contract numbers have been published, haven't seen anything on Hodge's yet.