1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hawk and Hodge Update

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NDPackerFan, Jul 28, 2006.

1. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Sounds like there is a real possibility of AJ getting signed before the 1st practice tonight...

I'm still wondering what is going on with Hodge though? I can't imagine it being that hard to sign #67 in the 3rd round. Does anybody know any details about this?

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 80543/1989

2. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Patience, buddy. I heard Hodge was a little upset about falling into the third round, and may be trying to extract a little extra cash flow.

I'm excited about Hodge because you don't get a nickname like the Butcher for having Deion Sanders tackling skills.

3. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bottom line....you were picked where you were picked. Suck it up, buttercup...sign the paper at the slotted value, get into camp, kick some ***, and all the money and accolades will be yours.

I did not know his nickname was "The Butcher". Gotta love it, man!!

Honest to gosh, I am damn near as excited about Hodge as I am about Hawk....just about messed myself when we selected him in the 3rd.

4. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    im with you digs... i didnt know his nick name was "the butcher" that is absolutely fantastic. i smell a legendary LB corps forming.

were gonna have Hawk/Barnett/Butcher if we come up with a good nickname for NB we would have one intimidating LB corp. at least namewise.

5. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Samurai - although I wish he would only do that dance when we are actually winning the game.

6. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cannot do that Dakota....there is only one "Samurai", and that is Mike Singletary. Even though he was a Bear, you gotta respect the man, his play, and his name.

7. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Ninja then

8. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I do respect him, Singletary is who I compare Hodge to. A little undersized and a whole lotta heart and tenacity.

9. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The bottom line with Hodge is that if you slipped to the 3rd round you don't take it out on the team that drafted you. What the hell is that all about? What you do is you sign the contract in the slot that you're in, and if you want a big time contract one day, you earn that by how you play.

10. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have heard that the big sticking point on Hodge may be the length of the contract. Apparently, he wants a 3 yr. deal which I think is ridiculas. He wants to be on his second contract earlier.

11. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Training camp hasn't started. Unless Hodge goes weeks without a deal I wouldn't start to complain about it. Also remember, his agent does the deal and his agent not only wants the best deal for Hodge, but himself as well.

12. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    According to various media sources they're both signed. Hawk's contract numbers have been published, haven't seen anything on Hodge's yet.