Havel Speaks on the PackersFalcons Win

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Havel Man:

Chris Havel column: Team shows promise in victory against Falcons

Mike McCarthy urged his team to throw the first punch.

It responded by coming out swinging.

“I definitely think we hit the targets that we intended to hit,â€

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was one of the first thing McCarthy spoke of when he was hired. I hope hes serious and it works out. With players like DD and Jennings giving it their all, that should be contagious in Lambeau.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah taking back Lambeau is certainly important. That should be a top priority because so often it's simply a mindset. You know, "this is our turf, our home, we're going to play hard and win." I think all too often under the last regime, those expectations weren't there. I don't mean the team and the coaches didn't want to win, I think they didn't always seem prepared to win. The best way to do that however, is to make sure you have great players. The draft is the key because if you draft well, it allows you then to take a chance on a player in free agency who can help you make the jump to a championship team. Let's hope Ted is starting to put the pieces in place. I generally like what Havel has to say.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I long for the day to come back where teams "feared" coming into Lambeau Field because it was almost impossible to beat the Packers there. Hopefully McCarthy brings that Lambeau Field mystique back that we haven't seen since the Holmgren era.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Havel said:
but the coach nearly ruined it with a puzzling lapse in judgment that nearly got Brett Favre broken in two.

Anyone know what happened?

With what? Why Brett was in there? McCarthy wanted the unit's to come out with the same tempo after half time.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Havel said:
but the coach nearly ruined it with a puzzling lapse in judgment that nearly got Brett Favre broken in two.

Played 3 snaps in the second half and got hit ******* all of them. He was noticably limping after one of the plays where he went down ******* his knee.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Ryan said:
Havel said:

Played 3 snaps in the second half and got hit ******* all of them. He was noticably limping after one of the plays where he went down ******* his knee.

That's what I was looking for, lovely...

Members online

Latest posts