Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our O should right the ship down the stretch

Look at Hackett in Denver....not good

MM in Dallas....not good, especially without AR

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ive said all along I think this is what Matt wants as an offense. He wants to spread it and have good rb.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll have more faith in it when he shows that he can make adjustments and consistently move the ball and score points on elite defenses in big games. I'm still questioning whether it's a lack of adjustments on his part, or he just doesn't have the personnel to keep up with the adjustments the elite defenses can make. Will see

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'll have more faith in it when he shows that he can make adjustments and consistently move the ball and score points on elite defenses in big games. I'm still questioning whether it's a lack of adjustments on his part, or he just doesn't have the personnel to keep up with the adjustments the elite defenses can make. Will see

Terrible take.

The Packers dismantled the best defense in the league in the playoffs last year. So by your own standard, you should have all the faith in the world.

All offenses get beat on occasion.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The offense will right itself when the OL rights itself. The pass catchers are a much less important piece of the equation.

Reaction score
All good points.
Another aspect I’d like to offer is that the Packers tend to value blocking skills much more than many other teams when acquiring players.
That includes RB, TE and WR groups also.
While that concept is not always flashy or a part of typical highlight reels, it is an integral part of our game. We have very few players on this O that wouldn’t be considered above average blockers throughout the league.

I’m fully expecting our ground game and YAC to continue to rise as the continuity in blocking improves. There’s a very good chance that we’re a top 5 Rushing team after this Sunday. There is zero reason why the duo of Jones and Dillon shouldn’t supply a top 5 rushing attack or better. I was surprised that we didn’t get there last year, but we had so many gyrations at OL it seemed like we lost some continuity needed to create explosive plays. I learned afterwards that it also kept an extra TE inline to block and thus often lost an extra receiving target (per Tonyans interview in that trailer)

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrible take.

The Packers dismantled the best defense in the league in the playoffs last year. So by your own standard, you should have all the faith in the world.

All offenses get beat on occasion.
The 49ers game? After their first ride they only had about a hundred yards total offense, 75 on the pass to Jones which was a breakdown in their defense.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
There’s a very good chance that we’re a top 5 Rushing team after this Sunday.
Based on this I expect Rodgers to strut his stuff Sunday. If they blitz, he'll eat them up.

14. New York Giants (3-1)​

Week 4 ranking: 17
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Defensive efficiency: 53.6
League rank: 15th

The biggest issue on defense is ... effectively rushing the passer.

The Giants have a top-10 pass defense at the moment. But they're going to have to rush the passer more effectively if that is going to continue. The Giants are 19th in the NFL with a pass rush win rate of 41.2%. They don't have an edge rusher with more than one sack and have called the third-most blitzes (57) so far this season. It might work against the quarterbacks they faced, but life is about to get much more difficult with Aaron Rodgers, Lamar Jackson, Trevor Lawrence and Geno Smith on deck. -- Jordan Raanan

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The 49ers game? After their first ride they only had about a hundred yards total offense, 75 on the pass to Jones which was a breakdown in their defense.

You said that you would have faith when they beat up on a great defense. They’ve done that.

Is your standard actually that they must always beat up on every defense? If so, then there has never been an offense that meets your standard.

I try to be measured, but to act like the jury is still out on LaFleur is asinine.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You said that you would have faith when they beat up on a great defense. They’ve done that.

Is your standard actually that they must always beat up on every defense? If so, then there has never been an offense that meets your standard.

I try to be measured, but to act like the jury is still out on LaFleur is asinine.
To clarify, my point is in big spots - the playoffs - against top competition. They sucked against the 49ers last year. They choked against the Bucs the year before. I don't give a damn about regular season wins and stats or how they look against good teams in the regular season. Do it in the playoffs.

Reaction score
To clarify, my point is in big spots - the playoffs - against top competition. They sucked against the 49ers last year. They choked against the Bucs the year before. I don't give a damn about regular season wins and stats or how they look against good teams in the regular season. Do it in the playoffs.
There is some truth to that part. I think I remember seeing MLF is one of the most Winningest Coaches in NFL history (albeit relatively limited games) in regular season.
However he was well below .500 in the playoffs. Thus far his in-game adjustments in high profile postseason games are somewhat suspect imo.

Luckily for us this isn’t a high profile postseason contest at Lambeau or we’d be in trouble! :laugh:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

My point is that if Lafleur winning 39 games in three years and resurrecting Rodgers into the best version of himself maybe ever, if that hasn’t convinced then maybe you just don’t want to be convinced.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point is that if Lafleur winning 39 games in three years and resurrecting Rodgers into the best version of himself maybe ever, if that hasn’t convinced then maybe you just don’t want to be convinced.
I'd like to see more consistency again especially in big spots. Sometimes he looks like a genius and has them moving like a machine. Other times he seems to have no answers and they're playing like they're in a phone booth.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good thing the coaches and players give a damn since if you don't have enough regular season wins you do not get to play in the playoffs. FYI.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see more consistency again especially in big spots. Sometimes he looks like a genius and has them moving like a machine. Other times he seems to have no answers and they're playing like they're in a phone booth.

You realize this Is the NFL right? The only man we can arguably say has consistently looked like a genius all the time is Bill Belichek

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
his posting record pretty much confirms that.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Sounds like coaching in the NFL.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
There is some truth to that part. I think I remember seeing MLF is one of the most Winningest Coaches in NFL history (albeit relatively limited games) in regular season.
However he was well below .500 in the playoffs. Thus far his in-game adjustments in high profile postseason games are somewhat suspect imo.

Luckily for us this isn’t a high profile postseason contest at Lambeau or we’d be in trouble! :laugh:

He is 2-3 in the playoffs.

I don’t know if one game constitutes “well below.”

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair it was his first 3 seasons as a HC. If he had had the tenure MM had over the last decade then I get more irate.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would of the O had any players capable of making plays downfield. Only thing these receivers can do is catch the ball when they’re schemed open, and there are limits to how often a a guy can be schemed open.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate to say it but but AR might be done soon. This year or next

He was not good at all in the 2nd half and the comments about checking out London, I get it, seems like a guy ready to enjoy his life

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great soak up how much money quietly quitting?

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well safe to say my faith is waning. 2020 is looking more and more like an outlier (due to unreal OL play).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts