Have faith in MLF's O

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His offense stinks. It has been figured out and he has no clue on how to adjust. It’s like watching McCarthy all over again smh. Pathetic
If MLF had the receivers that played for MM, I’m not sure we would even be having this conversation. But regardless, you‘re right that this offense stinks.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His offense stinks. It has been figured out and he has no clue on how to adjust. It’s like watching McCarthy all over again smh. Pathetic
I'm pretty sure if you swapped offensive players between GB and the Bills, sans QB of course, and ran their respective offenses, suddenly MLF would look like a genius and the bills a floundering team trying to figure out how to win.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schemes only take you as far as your talents and execution will
Exactly! I'm not saying LaFleur has been perfect but scheme, tactics, X's and O's can only take you so far. That's not to say that the more talented team will always win but at some point I think you reach a talent-gap that can't be overcome by just superior scheming. When you have a cast of receivers who are consistently unable to create any meaningful separation on any average NFL-level DB, I'm just not sure there's much anyone could really do to "scheme open" guys more.

And as has been said elsewhere when teams don't have to respect your receiving threats they can sell out to stop the run more. And when your offensive line is struggling it just compounds that problem even further. Can't really expect MLF or any coach to be able to "scheme open" a set of receivers that simply lack the talent to do so and you can't expect the running side of that scheme to work when nobody has to respect the pass.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You need to consider that there are a lot of offenses which have scored quite a significant amount of points off turnovers. The Bears have 19 this season for example.

On the other hand the Packers are one of only two teams that have zero.

Actually the Packers have scored more points than the Bears this season.
Oh that is right. I forgot that safety.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously these guys don't seem to be able to get things done. What else we got?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if you swapped offensive players between GB and the Bills, sans QB of course, and ran their respective offenses, suddenly MLF would look like a genius and the bills a floundering team trying to figure out how to win.

In some cases but you have an all time great at QB. You can’t tell
Me the Patriots, Falcons, Titans, and even Texans are better at the skill
Positions than the Packers and even they can manage to score more than a couple touchdowns. Everything within the offense needs a major upgrade. Starting by getting Jones and Dillon on the field at the same time ALOT more. You don’t have a lot of talent so you have to have your BEST players out there as much as possible. Period

Reaction score
Positions than the Packers and even they can manage to score more than a couple touchdowns. Everything within the offense needs a major upgrade. Starting by getting Jones and Dillon on the field at the same time ALOT more. You don’t have a lot of talent so you have to have your BEST players out there as much as possible. Period
I actually agree with you. We had that same issue with McCarthy and he refused to use our 2 Veteran TE more. Kendrick’s and Lewis? Was it?
He did learn the hard way though

Anyway, theory being to design the Offense around skill positions that have experience. You can even get Marcedes Lewis a few throws, hit Deguara on a few more, throw a few extra to Dillon, use Run game a little more.
It’s not any one aspect snd people get mad for us even so much as suggesting using our experienced players for a higher % of the total pie.

It’s really so fundamentally obvious. It’s like some people would rather continue to press an area that’s not working at all and sabotage themselves before doing the obvious. Changing it up.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually agree with you. We had that same issue with McCarthy and he refused to use our 2 Veteran TE more. Kendrick’s and Lewis? Was it?
He did learn the hard way though

Anyway, theory being to design the Offense around skill positions that have experience. You can even get Marcedes Lewis a few throws, hit Deguara on a few more, throw a few extra to Dillon, use Run game a little more.
It’s not any one aspect snd people get mad for us even so much as suggesting using our experienced players for a higher % of the total pie.
Or find better TEs if necessary. If not use the ones you have.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Falcons (Pitts and London), Texans (Cooks), and Patriots (Meyers and Parker are better than any WR the Packers have and Jonnu Smith at TE) are definitely better at receiver and/or TE than the Packers. I remember criticizing the Dillon 2nd round selection because RBs aren't worth that high a pick and now we're seeing why; without any threat of a passing offense due to awful receivers/TEs, the running game is NOT enough to win games with on its own. Move Jones to receiver and target him 10+ times a game and give 20+ carries to Dillon? That I would absolutely be in favor of.

D

Deleted member 6794

You can’t tell
Positions than the Packers and even they can manage to score more than a couple touchdowns.

As sunshine already pointed out all other teams you mentioned aside of the Titans have more talent at wide receiver and/or tight end than the Packers. And they're riding their defense on a five game winning streak while allowing only 14.6 points in those games.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me skill positions include QB, WR, RB & TE. Based on that IMO they would be ranked:
1. N.E.
2. GB
3. TN
4. ATL
5. HOU

D

Deleted member 6794

To me skill positions include QB, WR, RB & TE. Based on that IMO they would be ranked:
1. N.E.
2. GB
3. TN
4. ATL
5. HOU

It's true the Packers have more talent at QB and RB than those teams but it seems it's not enough to overcome a lack of good players at WR and TE.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's true the Packers have more talent at QB and RB than those teams but it seems it's not enough to overcome a lack of good players at WR and TE.
we are lacking playmakers, but I think with a good to strong Oline, our offense suddenly looks so much better in real life. But allowing running plays to get blown up 3 yards in the backfield and can't stand in the way of free rushers like they did against the NY teams and WFT makes it so you can't run and NFL offense.

D

Deleted member 6794

we are lacking playmakers, but I think with a good to strong Oline, our offense suddenly looks so much better in real life. But allowing running plays to get blown up 3 yards in the backfield and can't stand in the way of free rushers like they did against the NY teams and WFT makes it so you can't run and NFL offense.

I agree the offensive line improving would help tremendously. In my opinion the lack of talent at wide receiver and tight end would still be difficult to overcome though.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree the offensive line improving would help tremendously. In my opinion the lack of talent at wide receiver and tight end would still be difficult to overcome though.
Provided healthy
Bahktiari Jenkins Myers Runyan/Tom/Ryan/Newman, and maybe Yosh/FA at RT. We shouldn't be so bad

Myers needs to improve but he's been adequate

Our RG play is awful and arguably so is RT

The FO never did a good job replacing Bulaga. Are any of those journeyman RTs we had the past few years available?

D

Deleted member 6794

Provided healthy
Bahktiari Jenkins Myers Runyan/Tom/Ryan/Newman, and maybe Yosh/FA at RT. We shouldn't be so bad

Myers needs to improve but he's been adequate

Our RG play is awful and arguably so is RT

The FO never did a good job replacing Bulaga. Are any of those journeyman RTs we had the past few years available?

I agree the offensive line would be much improved if Bakhtiari and Jenkins would be healthy but unfortunately that isn't the case.

Bulaga is a free agent but I'm not sure he's interested in playing.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to see it executed so well in the Cowboys victory today

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Run first offense. Established the run game early and stayed with it. 37 runs, 22 passes. Absolutely abused the Dallas defense which folded like a cheap tent. The Packers offensive line did a great job of run blocking today. This team's major strength is it's running game.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Run first offense. Established the run game early and stayed with it. 37 runs, 22 passes. Absolutely abused the Dallas defense which folded like a cheap tent. The Packers offensive line did a great job of run blocking today. This team's major strength is it's running game.
Also hopefully a turning point for Watson. If he can continue to progress and learn the O and CATCH - he will be uncoverable lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts