Harrell: Justin or Bustin?

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't mentioned once during OTAs and Minicamp...

Not trying to defend the guy, but OTAs and minicamp don't mean jack. Its more about learning and getting reps in. Just think if Reggie White went all out during practice/OTA's/minicamp/preseason. Their would have been bodies everywhere!

Damn........I can't beleive I mentioned Reggie White and Harrell in the same paragraph. Please forgive me.

Were there any of our DE/DT's mentioned anywhere? Not that I have read either. If Harrell can stay healthy, I think he will do well since his back is against the wall........otherwise......we all know he is history

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not trying to defend the guy, but OTAs and minicamp don't mean jack. Its more about learning and getting reps in.

Just think if Reggie White went all out during practice/OTA's/minicamp/preseason. Their would have been bodies everywhere!

Damn........I can't beleive I mentioned Reggie White and Harrell in the same paragraph. Please forgive me.

Were there any of our DE/DT's mentioned anywhere? Not that I have read either. If Harrell can stay healthy, I think he will do well since his back is against the wall........otherwise......we all know he is history
There. Corrected it for you.

vegasdan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not trying to defend the guy, but OTAs and minicamp don't mean jack. Its more about learning and getting reps in. Just think if Reggie White went all out during practice/OTA's/minicamp/preseason. Their would have been bodies everywhere!

How ironic you should mention Reggie. Harrell is the only guy, at Tennessee, to wear #92 since gave Reggie White. Harrell was very highly respected as a hard worker, played through a lot of pain, and was a team leader. I don't fault TT at all for taking the chance on him - he has the potential to be great. Too bad it hasn't worked out.

Was Adrianne Peterson a bad pick for Minny? He had a more troubling injury history, yet Minny took a chance and reaped the benefits. It hasn't worked out for Justin yet, and I am hopeful that it will. If Justin had back trouble in college and that continued in the NFL, then I would fault TT. The fact is, he had a bicep tear, and the injury in the NFL was a back injury when he was lifting too much weight.

As far as TT replacing his own players now that Sherm's guys are mostly gone - of course he is. I think he would upgrade at QB and trade AR if it was possible. TT has shown he is not afraid to make the tough choice and to cut a pick early that proves to be a mistake (Brohm). I suspect TT looks at every single position as a possibility for improvement. As far as Matthews replacing AJ and BJ replacing Harrell as some admission of failure - we need more LBs and DLs than just one

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I wonder when the date is that the Packers have where they can release or trade Jolly and be off the hook for his salary this year.

Any time they please. He gets a week to week check during the season and nothing is guaranteed.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How ironic you should mention Reggie. Harrell is the only guy, at Tennessee, to wear #92 since gave Reggie White. Harrell was very highly respected as a hard worker, played through a lot of pain, and was a team leader. I don't fault TT at all for taking the chance on him - he has the potential to be great. Too bad it hasn't worked out.

Was Adrianne Peterson a bad pick for Minny? He had a more troubling injury history, yet Minny took a chance and reaped the benefits. It hasn't worked out for Justin yet, and I am hopeful that it will. If Justin had back trouble in college and that continued in the NFL, then I would fault TT. The fact is, he had a bicep tear, and the injury in the NFL was a back injury when he was lifting too much weight.

As far as TT replacing his own players now that Sherm's guys are mostly gone - of course he is. I think he would upgrade at QB and trade AR if it was possible. TT has shown he is not afraid to make the tough choice and to cut a pick early that proves to be a mistake (Brohm). I suspect TT looks at every single position as a possibility for improvement. As far as Matthews replacing AJ and BJ replacing Harrell as some admission of failure - we need more LBs and DLs than just one
Very good post. Welcome to the forum.

Just one thing: he didn't release Brohm per se. He was placed in the PS and picked by Buffalo...

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year injury was a backfire, Harrell put too much weight on it. Some said that it could cost him his career. Glad he is feeling OK now.

But just like the majority of you, I am waiting for the season to begin and see it Harrell finally can play. Until he plays at least 3 whole seasons, I will always have some doubts about him.

And what about Pat Lee? Another injury prone guy.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may only be mini camp but MM said he is going to keep people where they are right now for the start of training camp and Harrell was in with the 1st team base D today. Sounds like he is impressing someone in GB. Hopefully good things to come.

If you ask me anyone can have an injury in the weight room if they are not cautious but that does not necessarily make them injury prone.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me to be on the Justin Harrell bandwagon I would like for him to not only gain significant playing time but also try obtaining a starting spot. In fact as a fprmer numner 1 pick his first priority should be to play on the opposite side of Jenkins or take over his spot if Jenkins decides to leave via free agency. Btw does anyone know when exactly Harrell's contract expires?

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me to be on the Justin Harrell bandwagon I would like for him to not only gain significant playing time but also try obtaining a starting spot. In fact as a fprmer numner 1 pick his first priority should be to play on the opposite side of Jenkins or take over his spot if Jenkins decides to leave via free agency. Btw does anyone know when exactly Harrell's contract expires?

July 27, 2007 he signed a 6 year 14 million dollar contract

Latest posts