Hannibal Navies

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's another guy who's not going away, at least not without a fight. Somehow, I don't remember that Navies was playing hurt all last season. I do remember him playing well in the opener, before he took down Steve Smith. So it sounds like we can expect a lot more from Navies this season. Here's an article from today's jsonline:

Healthy Navies works to keep his job
Linebacker hopes to shoulder load

By RICK BRAUN
Packer Plus writer
Posted: Aug. 3, 2005

Green Bay - The old clich

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Navies, I think he is great. Without him we would have a worse defense then what we already have. I also like Diggs

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he stays healthy there is no doubt Navies will contribute. And if he does get a starting spot we will still have good depth at LB with Thompson, lennon and any of the rookies that standout.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still like Thompson better than Naives though. Of the 2, Thompson seems more active and involved in more plays than Naives when I watched him here in Arizona.

If competition brings out the best in Naives and he outperforms Thompson to earn the starting spot I'll still be happy though with the depth Thompson provides. Hopefully that with either an improved Naives or with the addition of Thompson, the LB play will be at a higher level this year.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough call...but in Bates' defense foot speed means everything for linebackers. Thompson is a burner. Navies is a point of attack guy. Another tough call, it appears.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kudos to Navies for toughing it out last season. I have always liked him also. It is nice to see some depth and talent at LB for a change. Although there is still room for upgrades.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so tired about hearing how a guy had a bad season because he was hurt. You know what? There probably isn't a player in the NFL that goes through a season without getting hurt. It's part of the gig. The truly great players play great because they have been blesssed with good talent and they've done something to develop the talent and they learn to play smart. Let's not blame missing assignments, missing tackles, not being in the right place, not practicing hard and not preparing hard because of an injury.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
I'm so tired about hearing how a guy had a bad season because he was hurt. You know what? There probably isn't a player in the NFL that goes through a season without getting hurt. It's part of the gig. The truly great players play great because they have been blesssed with good talent and they've done something to develop the talent and they learn to play smart. Let's not blame missing assignments, missing tackles, not being in the right place, not practicing hard and not preparing hard because of an injury.

Injuries do make a difference as to the effectiveness of a player. That will vary by the injury, player and position. This is why the NFL is so concerned about each team's Injury Reports each week, and fines teams that don't do it correctly. It's why Vegas wants inside info on injuries.when possible. It is why teams try to guard that info closely and won't let players comment. That is why teams try to protect injured players with a cetain strategy or scheme. To not acknowledge that injuries effect play is to not face fact.

Not executing by not being in position or using proper technique when tackling, blocking, running, catching or passing, when healthy, is another story.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Hey where do you live in AZ??? Just asking because a some of my family lives in AZ.

Chandler Arizona. A little SouthEast of Phoenix.

Feels a little like Wisconsin at the moment as we are in our Monsoon season. Rainy and humid. Less mosquitos though :)

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, my Aunt and Uncle used to live in Chandler, they now live in Gilbert. It is nice going there with less mosquitoes. They just kill me and my dad up here. Do you see the Pack when they come down there in the offseason? I saw them about 10 years ago down there, it was a great time, because you got to talk to guys like Favre, Churmura, and Reggie.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Yes, my Aunt and Uncle used to live in Chandler, they now live in Gilbert. It is nice going there with less mosquitoes. They just kill me and my dad up here. Do you see the Pack when they come down there in the offseason? I saw them about 10 years ago down there, it was a great time, because you got to talk to guys like Favre, Churmura, and Reggie.

I seen 2 regular season games down here between the Packers and Cardinals, and I seen 1 Packer preseason game down here. Once in awhile I'll goto a Packer bar called Mable Murphys in Scottsdale that is filled with Packer fans on game days.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it is wierd watching the Packer Cardinal games and seeing a sea of green and gold instead of Red. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts