Greg Jennings on Rodgers

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think would have looked good if he said Brett, even if it is the truth

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I respect Jennings, I'm not sure that he's even qualified to make that statement. He played with Favre for only two seasons, one of which was terrible and one was great. Now he's playing with Rodgers in his prime. Had Jennings been a Packers fan (while growing up in Michigan) and watched all of Favre's career, especially during his prime years when he won 3 straight MVPs, he might sing a different tune.

That said, Rodgers has had a GREAT season so far, but he's won the same number of championships, hasn't won an MVP (yet), and has a long time to go before their careers can be compared in total.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 straight MVP's with Aikman, Young, Elway, in the league. That's impressive.

I agree, Greg didn't play with Brett during his prime years, so it's not a fair statement.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I agree, Greg didn't play with Brett during his prime years, so it's not a fair statement.

It is a fair statement..To the point that at the TIME Brett isnt as good as Rodgers..

Now, Driver has said it (I think??) is he more qualified?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have any dounts to who is/was better, but I don't think the receivers' take is fair. Like LTF said, not much else they could've said.

Reaction score
As much as I respect Jennings, I'm not sure that he's even qualified to make that statement. He played with Favre for only two seasons, one of which was terrible and one was great. Now he's playing with Rodgers in his prime. Had Jennings been a Packers fan (while growing up in Michigan) and watched all of Favre's career, especially during his prime years when he won 3 straight MVPs, he might sing a different tune.

That said, Rodgers has had a GREAT season so far, but he's won the same number of championships, hasn't won an MVP (yet), and has a long time to go before their careers can be compared in total.
He was asked on a radio show.
Yes, Donald Driver, would be the most qualified to make a comparison statement.
Now, Driver has said it (I think??) is he more qualified?
They asked Driver this question in the locker room last year, and Driver said he would take Rodgers by a sliver. He said that Rodgers is smarter with the ball and was a little better of a thrower I believe... (He also elaborated on how Rodgers could still get him a shot at a Super Bowl)

The only reason it didn't make news was because it wasn't aired on ESPN New York.

bhuggins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skippy Bayless just insinuated that Favre's numbers from his three MVP seasons (95-97) are better than what Rodgers has done the past three seasons (2009-2011). Let us take a closer look at these numbers and compare:

Favre - Yards: 12,179 TD's: 112 Int: 42 Comp%: 61 Avg Rating: 96
Rodgers - Yards: 12,999 TD's: 103 Int: 24 Comp%: 66 Avg Rating: 109

Aaron played in two fewer games during this three year stretch. Favre never had a rating higher than 99.5 while Rodgers passer rating has exceeded 100 all three seasons. Favre threw 18 more picks, 820 fewer yards. The only are Favre exceeds Rodgers is in TD passes and that is only 9. Had Rodgers missed 2 entire games and been able to finish the Detroit game in 2010, he may have at least as many if not more in the TD area.

Now I do realize Favre was playing in an era when the rules were slightly different, although not THAT much different, but Favre also had the advantage of playing on a team that had one of the great Packers' defenses and also a great offensive line. The Packers' O-Line has been under constant shuffling the past three years.

Frozencheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skippy Bayless just insinuated that Favre's numbers from his three MVP seasons (95-97) are better than what Rodgers has done the past three seasons (2009-2011). Let us take a closer look at these numbers and compare:

Favre - Yards: 12,179 TD's: 112 Int: 42 Comp%: 61 Avg Rating: 96
Rodgers - Yards: 12,999 TD's: 103 Int: 24 Comp%: 66 Avg Rating: 109

Aaron played in two fewer games during this three year stretch. Favre never had a rating higher than 99.5 while Rodgers passer rating has exceeded 100 all three seasons. Favre threw 18 more picks, 820 fewer yards. The only are Favre exceeds Rodgers is in TD passes and that is only 9. Had Rodgers missed 2 entire games and been able to finish the Detroit game in 2010, he may have at least as many if not more in the TD area.

Now I do realize Favre was playing in an era when the rules were slightly different, although not THAT much different, but Favre also had the advantage of playing on a team that had one of the great Packers' defenses and also a great offensive line. The Packers' O-Line has been under constant shuffling the past three years.

Good post. Rodgers didnt have Reggie White throwing OL around with one arm, that 97/98 defense was amazing.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the regular seasons were yes.
But Those guys won 6 rings, and were MVPs 3 times.

Farve got one ring, and it was mostly thanks to Desmond Howard & Reggie White saving his choking ****.
He was only 14/27 in that game, after the big early 2 balls to Rison & Freeman, he was not great.

And he was not great the next Super Bowl vs Denver, with another costly Int and then the failure at the end forcing the ball to the covered Chmura.

Farve was a highlight reel for a long time.
But once the post-season came around, his play usually declined significantly.
I loved the guy for a long time, but felt he was overrated because to me, greatness happens in the post-season at do-or-die.

That's part of the (many) reasons why I want to win this Super Bowl SO BADLY. It will give Rodgers 2 rings already, and it will **** Farve off even more. You know the guy is rooting so hard for the Giants this week.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the regular seasons were yes.
But Those guys won 6 rings, and were MVPs 3 times.

Farve got one ring, and it was mostly thanks to Desmond Howard & Reggie White saving his choking ****.
He was only 14/27 in that game, after the big early 2 balls to Rison & Freeman, he was not great.

And he was not great the next Super Bowl vs Denver, with another costly Int and then the failure at the end forcing the ball to the covered Chmura.

Farve was a highlight reel for a long time.
But once the post-season came around, his play usually declined significantly.
I loved the guy for a long time, but felt he was overrated because to me, greatness happens in the post-season at do-or-die.

That's part of the (many) reasons why I want to win this Super Bowl SO BADLY. It will give Rodgers 2 rings already, and it will **** Farve off even more. You know the guy is rooting so hard for the Giants this week.

Shanahan, in my opinion out coached Holmgren... Pretty hard to pin that Denver loss All on Brett

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shanahan, in my opinion out coached Holmgren... Pretty hard to pin that Denver loss All on Brett
True, mainly because he put more on Farve's arm than Levens' legs. They never stopped Dorsey.
And then on D, we played them like they were the Run & Shoot Oilers instead of led by Terrell Davis.

But Farve didn't have a great game. Had he, we would have won.

Just like vs Culpepper, vs Vick, vs Eli.......

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, mainly because he put more on Farve's arm than Levens' legs. They never stopped Dorsey.
And then on D, we played them like they were the Run & Shoot Oilers instead of led by Terrell Davis.

But Farve didn't have a great game. Had he, we would have won.

Just like vs Culpepper, vs Vick, vs Eli.......

Shanny was decoying Davis if you recall..... Was Holmgren's heart and soul into that game? No one will ever know!! He had bigger and better things brewing in Seattle!! HC and GM