Greg Jennings-Is he going to play in week 3?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As hot as Favre was on week 2, Greg Jennings might be needed against a more powerful Charger defense.

Anyone know his injury status?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I'll pled the fifth this week on Jennings, if he comes back this week, how much rust will he have?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am pretty certain he will play. I heard he was very close to suiting up this week.
I hope he does because he is the kind of receiver that can give the Chargers trouble. I watched them last night and they give a lot of room to that inside and as good as we are at the slant I think we can move the ball on these guys.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yah i'm hoping Gregarious can come in and do a number of Merriman, that'd be sweet.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im just excited that our offense is not playing at its full strength yet... what with Morency and Jennings out ... AND WERE STILL 2-0!

thats a great thing. shows this team has the ability to overcome adversity and win ball games down the stretch against tough opponents... something we havent been able to do arguably since 2001.

now... we get Greg and Mo back... it can only strengthen a team that looks pretty solid as it is.

as far as Greg being rusty... no problem... start him at the slot and keep James Jones at the 2. ease ol gregarious back into the starting lineup. i mean think about that... having someone like greg jennings as your slot receiver.. thats a weapon of the deadly variety.

and hawk i agree completly about the slants. Moss killed them repeatedly just by givin a shimmy and takin it towards the middle.
i think with 3 very capable receivers we can definitely push the ball downthe feild. and without the steroids, Merriman doesnt scare me.

again this week... i am quietly confident we can run with these guys.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chargers playing soft was out of sheer, absolute and total fear of the Freak of Nature that is Randy Moss. His unreal deep speed requires that DBs give him a cushion. The combination of one of the most talented WRs of all time and one of the greatest coaches of all time makes me think that barring injuries, the Pats could go 16-0.

But that's a different topic. My point is that the Chargers will probably play a different way against our unproven receivers who tend to run slants and crossing routes. Look for zone blitzes alot.

Greg has to play, and get the deep passing game going early. If they force SD to respect the deep ball, we'll be able to open up the underneath stuff where DD thrives and JJ is starting to get comfy.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
The Chargers playing soft was out of sheer, absolute and total fear of the Freak of Nature that is Randy Moss. His unreal deep speed requires that DBs give him a cushion. The combination of one of the most talented WRs of all time and one of the greatest coaches of all time makes me think that barring injuries, the Pats could go 16-0.

But that's a different topic. My point is that the Chargers will probably play a different way against our unproven receivers who tend to run slants and crossing routes. Look for zone blitzes alot.

Greg has to play, and get the deep passing game going early. If they force SD to respect the deep ball, we'll be able to open up the underneath stuff where DD thrives and JJ is starting to get comfy.

Randy Moss is getting back to what people feared years back but nobody has had shear or absolute fear of him for quite awhile. I highly doubt the Chargers came in shaking in their boots over Randy Moss and came in with a scheme they thought they could do effectively. They didn't perform.

I HOPE they change up and try tighter coverage on our guys because we have phsyical WR's that can all get separation from defenders. If that is not what the Chargers Corners do well it will be good for our side.

Not every team has physical bump and runners like Harris and Woodson.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As evidenced last night, San Diego's weakness is there pass D. We NEED Jennings out there to help exploit that weakness.

Our pass pro has improved which is good. God knows we'll need it against Merriman and that front seven. If Favre has time, we can beat them with the pass.

What I'm really scared of is Merriman getting a clean shot on Favre. That guy is a head hunting beast, with or without steroids, and we don't want Favre getting knocked out of the game. I trust our iron man though.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As evidenced last night, San Diego's weakness is there pass D. We NEED Jennings out there to help exploit that weakness.

Our pass pro has improved which is good. God knows we'll need it against Merriman and that front seven. If Favre has time, we can beat them with the pass.

What I'm really scared of is Merriman getting a clean shot on Favre. That guy is a head hunting beast, with or without steroids, and we don't want Favre getting knocked out of the game. I trust our iron man though.

It will be interesting just how much better our pass protection is. They struggle to block the 3-4 and I have a hunch Green Bay is going to come out throwing the ball too.

I agree that we need Jennings out there. He could do some damage against a suspect San Diego secondary.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure would be nice to see Jennings back but at least the was Jones has stepped up I don't follow his status nearly as much as I did the first 2 weeks. On the otherhand now if we get him back we know we can run 3 wideout sets with them all being able to make a play. If not looks like our TE's are starting to reemerge as a bigger part of the O

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To be honest with you millertime,

While watching the Chargers play last night; this was the biggest immediate concern that I had. Is anyone else a little concerned with this or do the majority of you feel we can stop them for the most part ?

I am a little worried here to be honest ( Iron man or not ) !!!

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GREG JENNINGS......AKA "FERGIE"

WHEN THE HELL IS THIS GUY GOING TO PLAY, I JUST READ WE HAVE 3 RECEIVERS ON THE DEPTH CHART IF INFACT JAMES JONES CANT PLAY ON SUNDAY. INJURIES CAN BREAK A TEAM, AND IT LOOKS LIKE ITS GOING TO BREAK US UNLESS WE CAN GET THESE GUYS HEALTHY.

COME ON GREG.....Sack up and catch some balls, you havnt had over 50 yards in receiveing since week 8........... OF LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Question on Ruvell Martin. Does anyone else think this guy might actually have the talent and physical side to step up. I think he actually has the tools but might be the kind to never play to his potential. We need to get deeper at this position somehow. So far it looks like DD will have even less room this year then lasy but he'll still put up some descent #'s

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF Jones and Jennings can stay healthy, i think WR would be one of our strongest areas. Of course, that seems to be a big if right now.
Only Driver has been a constant on our team, and we have to have more then just him to win games.

Members online

Latest posts