Greetings from a Hawk fan

BlitzAce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats Packer fans for going 14-3! Good luck on the NFC championship, hopefully the Giants will beat the Cowboys so you can play that game on your home-field, that will increases your chances dramatically of going to the Super Bowl! Anyways, I know that on every NFL fan forum, there will be bad fans which will misrepresent the vast majority of that team's fans, hell, we Seahawks have some troublemakers ourselves in our fan forums who abuse visiting fans for no good reason.

About the "Paul Allen pillaged the Packers" and "stealing" Hasselbeck and Holmgren deal, I don't think you can attribute this to the general fanbase, as it is the ownership that makes these deals, all us fans can do is support our team, so you can't just "vilify" us all, lol. The Seahawks needed a coach, and I don't care what you say, unless you hire a coach that has never coached an NFL team, you are potentially "stealing" another's team's coach. If I remember correctly, the Packers hired away Holmgren from the 49ers and much of his staff. I can see why you would feel upset, but to say we "stole" them is a bit too much. Hasselbeck didn't have a chance to start in Green Bay even with his talent, so can you blame him for wanting to go to Seattle to find a chance to shine? With iron man Favre QB-ing in Green Bay, I can understand why Matt would have liked to go elsewhere. I can't see why you hate our team so much, considering that our teams are linked so closely and share so many connections. I've run into a lot of families where a Seahawks fan married a Packers fan, so there is a lot of love from Seattle for Green Bay.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for showing up AFTER the game. I was impressed by the Seattle team in the first 5 mnutes.

Of course once things settled down and the "Youngest" team began to play, the game was no contest.

What is the ongoing opinion of the Seahawks on Holmgren? Will he retire?

BlitzAce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The prevalent feeling in Seattle is that Mike Holmgren is going to retire and that maybe Jim Mora who is our current secondary coach (from Atlanta) will step up to take the coaching reins. There is a chance that he may return next season to "go out" on a better note, but for the last 2-3 seasons he has hinted at retirement and has said that as he gets older, every loss gets harder and harder for him to recover from. I for one hopes he comes back.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats Packer fans for going 14-3! Good luck on the NFC championship, hopefully the Giants will beat the Cowboys so you can play that game on your home-field, that will increases your chances dramatically of going to the Super Bowl! Anyways, I know that on every NFL fan forum, there will be bad fans which will misrepresent the vast majority of that team's fans, hell, we Seahawks have some troublemakers ourselves in our fan forums who abuse visiting fans for no good reason.

About the "Paul Allen pillaged the Packers" and "stealing" Hasselbeck and Holmgren deal, I don't think you can attribute this to the general fanbase, as it is the ownership that makes these deals, all us fans can do is support our team, so you can't just "vilify" us all, lol. The Seahawks needed a coach, and I don't care what you say, unless you hire a coach that has never coached an NFL team, you are potentially "stealing" another's team's coach. If I remember correctly, the Packers hired away Holmgren from the 49ers and much of his staff. I can see why you would feel upset, but to say we "stole" them is a bit too much. Hasselbeck didn't have a chance to start in Green Bay even with his talent, so can you blame him for wanting to go to Seattle to find a chance to shine? With iron man Favre QB-ing in Green Bay, I can understand why Matt would have liked to go elsewhere. I can't see why you hate our team so much, considering that our teams are linked so closely and share so many connections. I've run into a lot of families where a Seahawks fan married a Packers fan, so there is a lot of love from Seattle for Green Bay.

Players and coaches leaving is part of football. I can't dislike you for it. It's reality.

Whereas you stole our Coach, we stole your GM. ;)

BlitzAce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it's sad, in this day and age, with the salary cap and all, it's impossible for teams to hold on to all their players and personnel, because somewhere, some other team is going to offer them more money. I can't really blame the athletes or the coaches when they do leave though, because for more money they can really support their family for generations to come, lol. But when it's players that lie and tell you they're loyal to the team and then leave (see Hutchinson) it's when I get upset.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts