Green does it again..............

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well well well what do you know??? Does this not prove my point that Green is useless. Yes once again he fumbles and looses the ball. Well as I talk KGB is hurting. but anyway my point is that green sucks and is useless. Now you might say well Favre threw all these INTS but Favre will win a game for you single handedly but green will not. Lets get rid of Green! It probably wont happen but at least i can dream. :lol:

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't quite share the same sentiment...but he basically just dropped that one. As for Green being useless....I don't read much of anything into this, but tonite (w/ the starters) and the whole preseason, Davenport HAS looked better than Green, but again, I'm not going to put much of anything into it.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW, and the first play after Green's fumble, Rodgers fumbles AND they have illegal formation....holy frickin schnikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes this is hurting. But musccy this isnt the first time he has fumbled this preseason. 3 fumbles two lost. And look in the regular season the last how many years he has been second in the league in fumbles behind Ricky Williams. I have never really liked green. If everyone thinks he is worth so much why do we not trade him for an average back and a defensive player????we could use that more than we can use gree.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green is useless? hes a 1,500+ yard running back. But..he fumbled in preseason. sell your tickets now. this is his contract year...he will hold on to the ball when it counts...if he wants his payday. relax.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Green is useless? hes a 1,500+ yard running back. But..he fumbled in preseason. sell your tickets now. this is his contract year...he will hold on to the ball when it counts...if he wants his payday. relax.

LOL, are we talking about a different Green here? The guy CANNOT hold onto the godd$%@n football. Why is it so freaking hard??!?! MOST of the guys in this league can hold on to it, why not Green? It makes me so frustrated that this guy just keeps fumbling, and fumbling, and fumbling. Anyone that says "oh 1,500 yds. blah blah" doesn't know football. If you keep giving the opponent the ball, it doesn't matter how many yards you rush for. People wonder why the Packer D sucks..it's because they start on their own 30 yd line half the time.

Green is worrying me big time. Preseason? How is that an argument?!? If anything, you don't have 11 first stringers on the other side. You should be tearing it up. If he's averaging 2 yds/carry AND fumbling practically every other carry, things are looking BLEAK.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:
tromadz said:

LOL, are we talking about a different Green here? The guy CANNOT hold onto the godd$%@n football. Why is it so freaking hard??!?! MOST of the guys in this league can hold on to it, why not Green? It makes me so frustrated that this guy just keeps fumbling, and fumbling, and fumbling. Anyone that says "oh 1,500 yds. blah blah" doesn't know football. If you keep giving the opponent the ball, it doesn't matter how many yards you rush for. People wonder why the Packer D sucks..it's because they start on their own 30 yd line half the time.

Green is worrying me big time. Preseason? How is that an argument?!? If anything, you don't have 11 first stringers on the other side. You should be tearing it up. If he's averaging 2 yds/carry AND fumbling practically every other carry, things are looking BLEAK.

1. It is preseason, and he fumbles early on. this has been documented.
2. it is a makeshift O-line that has a revolving door system as of right now. do all those yards he got before mean nothing?
3. Not every fumble is a turnover. But yes, fumbling is not good. You know who also is known as a fumbler? Tiki barber, and he had what...1800 yards last year?

THAT is how preseason is an argument. And he had gotten his fumbling under control finally till last year. But I guess its easier just to complain and give up, so go on.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hate to argue with fellow Packer fans, you are my brothers/sisters, but this is ridiculous.
tromadz said:
1. It is preseason, and he fumbles early on. this has been documented.
What!?! He fumbles early on? He fumbles CONSISTENTLY. He's fumbled 7 times the previous 2 years. That's on par with WORST in the league.
2. it is a makeshift O-line that has a revolving door system as of right now. do all those yards he got before mean nothing?
And the opposing defenses are ALL makeshift. What the hell do previous yards have to do with ANYTHING!?! [/quote]
3. Not every fumble is a turnover. But yes, fumbling is not good. You know who also is known as a fumbler? Tiki barber, and he had what...1800 yards last year?
He had 1,500 (BIG difference), AND Barber started carrying the ball differently (which took his fumbles from 9 in 2003 to 5 in 2004). Green has been too stubborn to try and carry it differently, or even in a different hand.
THAT is how preseason is an argument. And he had gotten his fumbling under control finally till last year. But I guess its easier just to complain and give up, so go on.
Sorry, I don't see how you made an argument. Giving Up? No, you're wrong there again. I still have huge hopes for the Packers, I will watch and cheer and hold out every hope until the final gun. But, that doesn't mean I can't be objective and realistic at the same time.

King Wayne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how many fumbles did grenn have in the last 8 games of the last two seasons? Is 5 really that much better than 7? Personally Im not sure about green.. he was behind the best oline (or top three) the last couple of years, a line tha made davenport look good...

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes thank you people. You are finaly some people who agree with me. Before you guys came I was all by myself. Thank you. Yes there is NO reason Green should be fumbleing. I am sick and tired of the same crap from him. Then after the game he makes an excuse for doing it. Green said that the player on the other team got a good poke at the ball. I dont buy it. Other runners dont have that.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone,

Before going off the deep end, maybe you should read this bio. (From packercalender.com)

Since Green came to Green Bay via trade in 2000, no other NFL player has more yards from scrimmage (7,598) or rushing yards (5,685).

Ran for more yards in 2003 (1,883) than any player ever who did not win the NFL rushing title.

Ranks second on the Packers' all-time rushing list with 5,685 yards. Could eclipse Jim Taylor's record (8,207) in 2005.

In 2003, assembled the best individual rushing season in franchise history. His rushing records included yards (1,883 single-season and 218 single-game), attempts (355) and longest run from scrimmage (98 yards). He also scored more overall touchdowns (20) and totaled more yards from scrimmage (2,250) than any Packers player ever.

Owns lowest career fumble ratio in Packers history. Including playoffs, did not fumble over his last 246 offensive touches in 2003.

Part of game preparation ritual involves watching, Pure Payton, a highlight film of the late Hall of Fame running back, whom he idolized as a young football player. In 2004, his new position coach is Johnny Roland, who tutored Payton in Chicago and Emmitt Smith in Arizona.

Kept his promise to his parents after leaving college early for the NFL, and participated in Nebraska graduation ceremonies before the 2003 season.

An enthusiastic fan of Batman, owns an extensive collection of comic books, pictures and posters. Has a Batman tattoo on his leg.

Established a foundation in 2001, the 'Ahman Green Foundation for Youth Development,' its primary mission to benefit the Boys & Girls Club in both Green Bay and Omaha, as well as Girls Inc., also in Omaha.

It is pre-season, there is a lot of work to be done, better these mistakes happen now so they can be corrected before the games really count.

King Wayne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
last season he only fumbled three times stating at game six, of these he only lost 1. In 2003, he only fumbled twice after week 8 and lost one. He didnt fumble in the last 5 games of that season. In 2002 AG only fumbled once starting from week 5 with none lost and didnt fumble in the last 9 games of the season. He began the 2003 season with the most consecutive carries without a fumble.

here is an article discussing this and why ag is gettign more carries this preseason than in others.
http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/aug05/348147.asp

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not just Green's fumbling that bothers me. It's his paltry 2-3 yards per carry in all of these games. I stated it before, but if you noticed last year, he seemed to go down on the FIRST hit every time. That's not good. This is a league of "what have you done for me lately?", and sure, he's had great years here in the past, but I fear he is far past his prime. Part of (if not a lot) of the blame falls on the O-line, but Wahle and Rivera were here last year and I really don't think Green looked all that great last year. I don't care about the stats too much, I'm talking about watching him every game and seeing him get dropped for short gains (or losses) more often than not.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green had a great night for me in Madden 06. ripping off runs like crazy, too bad he coughed it up 3 times, twice we lost it... ;)

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green sweats a lot. That's part of the reason why he fumble early in the season. Usually this goes away after the first couple of games. Hopefully, he's getting done with his fumbling this year during the pre-season.

Members online

Latest posts