Green Bay Packers Hall Of Fame Inc. Announces Donation Of 1965 Packers Autographed Fo

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame Inc. today announced the donation of a 1965 Green Bay Packers autographed football by the Chris Morey family of Monona, Wis.

The ball, in mint condition, contains autographs from the players as well as the coaches, including legendary coach Vince Lombardi.

Morey, then 13, received the ball Oct. 10, 1965, after the Packers' 27-10 victory over the San Francisco 49ers at Lambeau Field. Morey's father, Jay, took Chris to his first Packers game that day, and the two later went out for a meal before heading home. A number of Packers were at the restaurant and defensive end Lionel Aldridge gave Chris the ball.

An avid collector of baseball cards at the time, young Morey had the appreciation and foresight to take care of the ball and kept it stored and out of light for the past 45-plus years, only occasionally bringing it out to show family or friends.

"Knowing I received a gift, I knew I just wanted to hold it and decide..

Source: Packers.com

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wrote it into my will that the Packers get my game worn reggie white jeresey since they dont have one I figured it would be the nice thing to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts