Greatest Wisconsin Coaches

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do y'all think are the greatest Wisconsin coaches? Can certainly have two guys from one sport. Mods feel free to move to a different section.

My list:

1. Lombardi.
2. Holmgren
3. Barry Alvarez
4. MM
5. Yost

I honestly could care less about the Bucks or basketball in general. Maybe Jason Kidd could be an honorable mention.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yost is 5??? I'm not even sure he's a top 5 Brewers manager. Bo Ryan, Harvey Kuenn, George Bamburger, Don Nelson, George Karl, Al Maguire, all better than Yost. Lombardi is the lock #1 and then there's everybody else.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yost is 5??? I'm not even sure he's a top 5 Brewers manager. Bo Ryan, Harvey Kuenn, George Bamburger, Don Nelson, George Karl, Al Maguire, all better than Yost. Lombardi is the lock #1 and then there's everybody else.

I thought the same thing when I saw Yost. Harvey's Wallbangers and Bambi's Bombers popped into my mind right away when I read the thread title. Bo Ryan and **** Bennett as well. Funny thing is I remembered Bennett from his days at UWGB more so than at Wisconsin. Didn't the Badgers also have a pretty good hockey coach in the 70's and 80's as well.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

WE'RE IN THE SERIES!!!!

I still love crafting a Harvey Wallbanger for a refreshment every once in a while

OP
OP
P

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forgot about George Karl. Looking at the list, I think it's fair to say the Packers are wayyyy more successful than the other teams in town.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Why dident you name Bo Ryan? He got Badgers Basketball team to back to back Final Fours. Ned Yost was an average Manager at best.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about Claude Noël, coach of the Admirals who brought a hockey title to Milwaukee, almost a second one in 2005-06, and several really good seasons before being enticed away by the NHL?

Members online

Latest posts