1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Great Game Guys

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Kimbo Blubbeus, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Kimbo Blubbeus

Kimbo Blubbeus Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Cowboy fan, game went almost exactly how I predicted. Us being competitive but our defense folding when it mattered. Hopefully we can improve that side of the ball in the draft. I think the Dez call was the right one, I even said the first time I saw the replay that it was getting overturned unfortunately, so no complaints from me.

I'm hoping that you guys can pull it off next week as I think Seattle is in prime position for an upset. If Rodgers is still hobbled I don't know what the chances are but I'm hoping those trash talking clowns finally get put in their place regardless. They've feasted on mediocre quarterbacks for long enough.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,922
    Thanks Kimbo! Although I clearly am happy with the Dez challenge, I do think the NFL needs to take a look at that rule. Call was correct though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    Yep the ruling was definitely correct, it's just a ridiculous rule.

4. Kimbo Blubbeus

Kimbo Blubbeus Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    That is my thinking. I don't understand the rule but that IS the rule so the call was correct.

5. Beagle

Beagle Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +76
    Another Cowboy fan here.
    Just wanted to pop in and offer my congratulations for that game and good luck for the next game, you support a class outfit and I wish you well.

Now where did I put that bottle of Rum?

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +441
    Hey it was 4th and 1. Romo took a gamble and went down field with it and it didn't pay off. Despite what people said in chat box I thought Shields had pretty good coverage and Dez went up and made a great play on it. He couldn't come down with it under current rule.

No controversy here but people will try to stir the pot. Lobby to change the rule and not blame the reff's on this one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. She's_a_shareholder

She's_a_shareholder Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    It is kind of a crazy rule, but we aren't the only team to have benefitted from it this season.

I'll take the win! :)

8. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +964
    They will indeed try to change the rule. Then it will validate the claim that this single play is what cost the Cowboys a victory and the proof will come in arrears. Nonsense.

With more than four minutes left on the clock -- had the Cowboys actually scored, that is -- they still would have had to stop the Packers from driving for a FG to tie or a TD for the win following the kickoff. They could not even prevent the Packers from running out the clock, so it should be fairly evident that the Dallas D was probably not going to make a stop them regardless of how the pass play had turned out.

9. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,175
    As much as I hate the Cowboys, I did gain some respect for them professionally as opponents. They are no joke and a lot better than I thought they were. That offense has all the championship pieces and their D is better than people think. Good corners. That's a damn good team we beat today.

10. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +441
    Oh I know. Dallas and there "clown show" just made it back into post-season for the first time in years. They got a huge break in the Detroit game to even get here. They should be more focused on fixing there secondary right now then trying to change rule books IMO.

Rodgers hit em for 300 and it could of been much worse.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  11. JamesCA

JamesCA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Congratulations on a great season Dallas fans. The ones posted here have been classy, Jason Garrett handled his press conference with class also so while I'm glad we won, your team left it all on the field.

• Like Like x 1