Gray headed to Atlanta

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gray didn't even get a promotion with the Falcons, since the Falcons just hired Ryan Nielsen as their new defensive coordinator. Maybe not a good sign of what he thought about Barry.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
From what you read, it sounded like Gray was the one who lit the fire under the defense last year when they picked it up down the stretch. He was probably frustrated that Barry remained his boss despite doing an important part of the DC job.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what you read, it sounded like Gray was the one who lit the fire under the defense last year when they picked it up down the stretch. He was probably frustrated that Barry remained his boss despite doing an important part of the DC job.
This is exactly what some are telling me.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gray didn't even get a promotion with the Falcons, since the Falcons just hired Ryan Nielsen as their new defensive coordinator. Maybe not a good sign of what he thought about Barry.
Maybe, but I tend to see it as, he’s limited in GB because of what’s above him and he chose to go do the same job somewhere else.

People don’t move laterally because they’re happy in their position generally.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe, but I tend to see it as, he’s limited in GB because of what’s above him and he chose to go do the same job somewhere else.

People don’t move laterally because they’re happy in their position generally.

Exactly and is what we are hinting at. To move in such a lateral way is a direct message to MLF and Gute that keeping Barry is not appropriate IMO

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This doesnt make any sense other than if he feels his soon to be ex boss is a cheerleading coaches choice. Writings on the wall.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just to clarify two things, Gary hasn't signed with the Falcons up until now. In addition it's important to know that he wasn't under contract with the Packers for next season.

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gray was frustrated with the soft zone coverage and had his corners playing tighter probably going against the game plan which is predicated on quarterback pressure. Your secondary looks silly when the qb has all day against pretty much a prevent defense. It made Gray look bad and he went against the coordinator’s wishes. Pretty sure that created bad blood.

D

Deleted member 6794

Sounds as if the Packers are hiring Cardinals CB coach, Greg Williams.

The Cardinals ranking 31st in passer rating allowed over his tenure as their cornerbacks coach doesn't seem to be a ringing endorsement for Williams.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things sound better every day...
I guess I know nothing of the guy or the Cardinals recently. and I guess outside of replacing Barry, I'll never feel too good about this defense, but on the surface sounds like we're falling behind, again.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Cardinals ranking 31st in passer rating allowed over his tenure as their cornerbacks coach doesn't seem to be a ringing endorsement for Williams.
Not a good look, but I am hoping that it wasn't just the CB's that were at fault for that rating. I also saw that the Saints hired the Cardinals former DB coach, Marcus Robertson.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we sign a guy that was at the bottom in Detroit when he came here and a guy that was at the bottom when he comes here. Makes sense to me……

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Granted, he was only on the Cardinals practice squad for just over a month, but Williams must not have seen any talent out of Rasul Douglas. I don't think the signing of Williams is official yet, but if and when it is, I really want to hear the reasons he was hired, other than "this is a really nice guy, that all the players like and he knows his football."

Reaction score
Granted, he was only on the Cardinals practice squad for just over a month, but Williams must not have seen any talent out of Rasul Douglas. I don't think the signing of Williams is official yet, but if and when it is, I really want to hear the reasons he was hired, other than "this is a really nice guy, that all the players like and he knows his football."
How about.

“At least he hasn’t finished last and He’s got extensive XFL and Arena experience!”
PS. He also knows Dexter Williams and hung out once with Reggie Begelton.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
How about.

“At least he hasn’t finished last and He’s got extensive XFL and Arena experience!”
PS. He also knows Dexter Williams and hung out once with Reggie Begelton.
Lol...you do love yourself some juice! Is he still in the NFL?

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think the signing of Williams is official yet, but if and when it is, I really want to hear the reasons he was hired, other than "this is a really nice guy, that all the players like and he knows his football."

I highly doubt you will get any explanation for his hiring.