Grade the GM...

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gave him an A. We had absolutely no depth, a few horrible starters, and our cap was in bad shape before he showed up. More than a few NFCN rival fans were gloating that Green Bay had finally reached the rebuilding period, and were in for 5+ years of losing football. It was all I heard on football message boards from them.

3 years later. 13-3. NFCC game that could have been won with a few plays (outside of the GM's control). Yeah... so much for rebuilding.

Nice, MassPackersFan. I gave the same grade, for the same reasons.

PackFanWithTwins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What does it take to get an "A" around here? GEESH.

I think there are five things that a GM needs to do to be considered good/great.

1. Draft well, keeping depth and youth. (A)
2. Manage salary cap. (A)
3. Hire good staff. (A)
4. Maintain the teams level of competition. (Incomplete)
5. Willingness to do what it take to take the team to the final level. (Incomplete)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there are five things that a GM needs to do to be considered good/great.

1. Draft well, keeping depth and youth. (A)
2. Manage salary cap. (A)
3. Hire good staff. (A)
4. Maintain the teams level of competition. (Incomplete)
5. Willingness to do what it take to take the team to the final level. (Incomplete)

Nice. Breaking it down like that, I could actually judge.

Drafting well - he's already shown that he drafts well. Good job, TT.

Managing salary cap - come on, only an A? This is where you give out an A+.

Hire good staff - Well, MM was the surprise coach of '07.

Maintain the team's level of competition - Remains to be seen. How good will we be post-Favre? I'm guessing pretty solid, but remains to be seen.

Willingness to do what it takes to take the team to the final level - Incomplete.

I like your break down.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just looking at some Jordy Nelson highlights and think you can sum up TT and this years draft quite simply. Last year who all screamed "What?" this year we all asked "Who?".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts