Gotta love the media!!

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you, but I have to laugh. Even after we stomped, smashed and destroyed The Cowboys. They STILL grab the headlines!! Of course Jerry Jones still had to stay in the media and keep the focus not on how much improved The Packers are looking, but how patheticly his team has self-destructed.

GOTTA LOVE THE MEDIA!!! :crazy:

Chop0Suey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, no problem here. They can have the spotlight. We'll just keep winning football games! :happy0005:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I've been saying for 3 weeks now:
For the media, the Packers didn't win the game. The opposing team lost.

But, hey, I'll take the opposing team losing every freaking week!!!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
To hell with them! WE as fans know what our team is all about and that is all that matters. They can talk about the Cowboys and the Vikings all they want. It's really just adding more and more distractions to teams that just need to focus on football and get away from all of that. We don't need media distractions here, we are playing superb football. We know that. Perhaps, if we dream a little dream, the Pack could be standing at the end of this circus with The Vince Lombardi trophy in their hands. The media is focusing on whatever the latest spectacle is, The Packer Army is advancing.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was already a thread like this last week...

I'm also fine with the Pack being under the radar.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh, who cares. I honestly don't get why fans think we should be talked about nationally every day. I subscribe to the moniker that if you're not grabbing headlines, you're either completely irrelevant or you're doing something right. Fortunately for us, we're in the latter category as opposed to the former. Otherwise you're probably completely dysfunctional.

Besides, ask yourself this: What's a bigger story to main stream America, "America's Team" getting beat badly by the Packers, or the turmoil and disarray of the Cowboys leading to the firing their head coach mid-season? Now take a look at the teams grabbing headlines right now and compare them to us. Last week was all about Randy Moss and this week it's all about the firing of Wade Phillips.

To be fair, the main stream media isn't talking about Atlanta or the Giants either. Both of them are pretty good yet they're still flying well under the radar. Frankly, I'm glad to be doing the same. The time to make headlines is in late January and early February, not early November.

jakeslaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i like being a little more under the radar... seems like we play better like that. Granted i like turning on ESPN and seeing a little something here or there about my favorite team :) Go pack go

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the only teams grabbing headlines right now are the dysfunctional ones. Thankfully we don't fall into that particular category!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
This particular week is just another example of the cause being overshadowed by the effect. The situation is Dallas, bad enough for Wade to get fired mid-season, was so great, people forgot what caused it. An embarrassing defeat rendered at the hands of the Green Bay Packers.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
And again, we have to realize that from the nation's perspective "America's Team" (in quotes for a reason, I'm not totally sold that they're actually America's Team) quitting on national TV and getting pasted is a lot more interesting than the Packers winning.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's really hard to believe actually just how terrible the Cowboys are... I had to watch the game twice and the 2nd time around, I really noticed things I didn't the first time. I couldn't stop laughing because they were literally ******** something up every play. Their DB's are easily by far the worst I've seen. They are afraid to hit anyone (hell Rodgers ran right into them and overpowered them), they try stripping the ball from the wrong hand, always getting beat. It was amazing really.

cryptic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let Minnesota and Favre get all the press. It seem to be helping them tremendously.

PackersFan28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As others have said, I'm perfectly fine with no media recognition as long as we keep winning. I really like how our team is playing right now, and I hope it continues.

Members online

Latest posts