1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Got a bad feeling....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pack93z, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    That Bubba's knee injury is going to turn out to be significant... they are saying "a couple of weeks" but in Packers terms... is that 3 or 10 like in the Mo injury...

Anywho.. with only 2 TE's on the roster... where do we turn for another body for the "couple of weeks"?

We have these two on the Practice squad.. if we elevate them to the roster who do we cut to make room?

Carrying 2 TE's this year might bite us a bit.. who would have thunk that with 4 on the roster for most of last year.

49 James Adkisson TE 6-4 250 27 2 South Carolina FA-07
    48 Ryan Krause TE 6-3 244 26 4 Nebraska-Omaha FA-07

Adkinsson... Raider bio had this on him..

Packers.com had this statement at the signing..

Krause...here is the most promient article I could find..

and this from the Press Gazette..

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I hope he's ok. We need Bubba. He was doing well this year so far.
    I guess we will HAVE to bring one of the guys off the practice squad if he's gonna miss any games.
    They did say Bubba was walking around after the game, so maybe it's not that bad. Maybe with the bye he will be ready. (i hope)

3. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I guess I got my question answered.. from the Inside Blog of the PG..

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read reports he was limping in the locker room, but the fact that he stayed on to play a snap after injuring that knee encouraged me...

Fortunately for us, the bye couldn't have come at a better week. Bubba had been great for us, really beating my (and I think it's safe to say many others) expectations of him.

McCarthy indicated that Krause would probably get called up, so that would mean they need to create roster space. I sure hope that space isn't created by putting Bubba on IR.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think the injury would have to be pretty severe before they would do that.

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Who woulda imagined 2 months ago that when Bubba got hurt, people would be going "OMG! NO!" cuz everyone was down on him. The team's come a long way as far as using the TEs.

also we have a kid on the practice squad GB likes, so he'll likely come in if it's serious, which it's not. But we've got the bye week so there's nothing to do but complain and worry. Stupid bye week.

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Everyone? Don't make me bump the several threads where I said to give him a chance because I felt he wasn't being used as TE and instead was more so being used as a 6th OL.

... everyone, pfffft ...

8. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Crossing the fingers for Bubba. That gent has come up for us big, a few times this season !!!