Got a bad feeling....

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
That Bubba's knee injury is going to turn out to be significant... they are saying "a couple of weeks" but in Packers terms... is that 3 or 10 like in the Mo injury...

Anywho.. with only 2 TE's on the roster... where do we turn for another body for the "couple of weeks"?

We have these two on the Practice squad.. if we elevate them to the roster who do we cut to make room?

Carrying 2 TE's this year might bite us a bit.. who would have thunk that with 4 on the roster for most of last year.

49 James Adkisson TE 6-4 250 27 2 South Carolina FA-07
48 Ryan Krause TE 6-3 244 26 4 Nebraska-Omaha FA-07

Adkinsson... Raider bio had this on him..

PRO: Speedy, versatile young receiver who made the transition to tight end in 2005.

Packers.com had this statement at the signing..

The Green Bay Packers signed tight end James Adkisson to the practice squad Wednesday. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, made the announcement.

A second-year player from South Carolina, Adkisson played in two games for the Oakland Raiders in 2006. The 6-foot-4, 250-pound tight end spent the 2005 season on the Raiders' practice squad before he was signed to the active roster for the final regular season game.

A wide receiver in college, Adkisson spent time on the Raiders' practice squad in 2004 and played for the Cologne Centurions in NFL Europe that same year. He will wear No. 49.

Krause...here is the most promient article I could find..

Chargers tight end Ryan Krause was arrested early yesterday on suspicion of driving under the influence, San Diego police said.

Krause, 25, was booked into County Jail after he was arrested about 2 a.m. on Thomas Avenue in Pacific Beach. He was released at 9 a.m. on bail, according to the Sheriff's Department.

Krause is in his third season with the Chargers but has played in few games because of injuries.

and this from the Press Gazette..

In town: Tight end Ryan Krause (6-2½, 256), who spent the last three seasons with San Diego before being waived March 1, was in Green Bay for a visit early this week.

Krause, 25, was inactive for all 16 games in 2006 after leading the Chargers in exhibition receiving with 10 catches for 137 yards. Plagued by injuries, he started one of just five games in 2004 and '05 and had five catches for 81 yards.

"I don't know what the heck to do with him," an AFC personnel man said. "He looks like a receiver playing tight end. He's certainly got enough athletic ability."

Krause, who has 4.62-second speed in the 40-yard dash, did play wide receiver at Nebraska-Omaha. He was arrested Jan. 6 for drunken driving and having open alcohol in his vehicle.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he's ok. We need Bubba. He was doing well this year so far.
I guess we will HAVE to bring one of the guys off the practice squad if he's gonna miss any games.
They did say Bubba was walking around after the game, so maybe it's not that bad. Maybe with the bye he will be ready. (i hope)

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I guess I got my question answered.. from the Inside Blog of the PG..

Tight end Bubba Franks may miss "a couple weeks" after spraining his right knee in Sunday's win over Washington, coach Mike McCarthy said at his press conference this afternoon.

Franks, who has missed practice time throughout the offseason and regular season with knee problems, did not return after limping off early in the fourth quarter Sunday. Team physician Dr. Pat McKenzie is performing more tests, said McCarthy, who indicated Ryan Krause likely would be elevated from the practice squad.

Reaction score
I read reports he was limping in the locker room, but the fact that he stayed on to play a snap after injuring that knee encouraged me...

Fortunately for us, the bye couldn't have come at a better week. Bubba had been great for us, really beating my (and I think it's safe to say many others) expectations of him.

McCarthy indicated that Krause would probably get called up, so that would mean they need to create roster space. I sure hope that space isn't created by putting Bubba on IR.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I read reports he was limping in the locker room, but the fact that he stayed on to play a snap after injuring that knee encouraged me...

Fortunately for us, the bye couldn't have come at a better week. Bubba had been great for us, really beating my (and I think it's safe to say many others) expectations of him.

McCarthy indicated that Krause would probably get called up, so that would mean they need to create roster space. I sure hope that space isn't created by putting Bubba on IR.
I think the injury would have to be pretty severe before they would do that.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who woulda imagined 2 months ago that when Bubba got hurt, people would be going "OMG! NO!" cuz everyone was down on him. The team's come a long way as far as using the TEs.

also we have a kid on the practice squad GB likes, so he'll likely come in if it's serious, which it's not. But we've got the bye week so there's nothing to do but complain and worry. Stupid bye week.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Who woulda imagined 2 months ago that when Bubba got hurt, people would be going "OMG! NO!" cuz everyone was down on him. The team's come a long way as far as using the TEs.

also we have a kid on the practice squad GB likes, so he'll likely come in if it's serious, which it's not. But we've got the bye week so there's nothing to do but complain and worry. Stupid bye week.

Everyone? Don't make me bump the several threads where I said to give him a chance because I felt he wasn't being used as TE and instead was more so being used as a 6th OL.

... everyone, pfffft ...