Goodell Robbed Us, but......

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was loss #2, and like the Niner loss, it was an important NFC loss. But here's the thing: We're gonna win our division, whether it's 14-2, 12-4, 11-5, or 10-6.

We learned last year that even being 13-0 isn't any better than the year before when we were 8-6. You just gotta get in.

Our offense has been horsecrap. That first half was a joke. But it was mostly (I'd say 95%) McCarthy's fault. He's a good coach. A little stubborn. But that 20-4 pass-run ratio was TERRIBLE.

You can't ask your offensive linemen to constantly step back and protect Rodgers time after time. These OLBs and DL of the SeaChickens were just pinning their ears back trying to kill Rodgers. At the same time, their DBs were molesting the WRs right off the line. So the quick hits were not there for the Packers. Rodgers had to stop the throw, and the line was dead, Someone.

I was yelling at McCarthy to bring a TE in motion from the right side, and then whallop Bruce Irvin. Finally he did it once with J-Mike, and he pancaked Irvin. Irvin never had a sack again.

The big problem is on the road, in the loudest enviroment where the OTs can't get off the snap quickly, you HAVE TO RUN THE DAMN BALL, and do it straight ahead, not wide.

He finally figured it out at halftime and we saw what happened in the 3rd quarter then there's some balance.

I'm very excited about the state of our defense. They played GREAT. They played mad and pissed off and they didn't back down.

It took the refs ******** us with a BS call on Sam Shields on 1st & 30 when he played it PERFECTLY, and it took them letting Tate shove Shields on the final play, plus denying Jerron McMillian a clinching interception, and then the whole catch garbage, to steal a win from us.

Our team will galvanize from this. They will take the mentality of us vs the world. These guys didn't back down.

I think we're going to take all our frustration out on Drew Brees and the Saints this week. I look

But we were robbed tonight, and I charge Goodell with the crime! http://t.co/vC7qAUip

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More Packers-Seahawks Coverage

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Forty years of technological advancements and the NFL is still at the same place as it was during "The Immaculate Reception," writes John Clayton. Story
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
The Packers have the NFL MVP while the Seahawks have a stout defense, and neither were any match for the seven guys in stripes, writes Mike Sando. Blog

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with pretty much everything here, but it looked to me that Seattle rushed 3 or 4 most every play, and our 0-line couldn't handle the "pressure". A good line would feast against that number of rushers. We don't.

Members online

No members online now.