Goodbye Donald & Greg

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great ceremony for Donald today.
Somehow I don't see a thread about it.... I just got done watching the hour-long thing, cried like a baby at times.

I REMEMBER that 1999 preseason and this skinny-legged wide-eyed, big smile, hustling longshot.

I also remember seeing him and his little guy Christian at our church here in Grapevine in the summer of 2006. I was amazed at how thin his legs were.... I have chicken legs. I think mine were a little thicker than his.

And this guy was rarely out injured, whereas so many of our big guys now break down like ***** glass plates.

I'm gonna miss Donald so much and I am so thankful for all the great memories he's given to us.
With class.

I know so many people nowadays worship money, jobs, famous people, etc.. But I respect Driver so much for thanking God and mentioning Jesus Christ. He's very much like Reggie White in that regard. Lombardi used to value that aspect of his men, so does McCarthy and Ted Thompson.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
best packer of all time. the ceremony made me emotional as well...the ONLY ONLY ONLY thing i didn't like about it was there were too many references to "dancing with the stars", including the video congrats from the clowns on that show. other than that, very emotional and great to see him open up the announcement to the fans. wish i could have been there and i feel honored we got a signature from him this year (after 3 years of trying! :). DD, you are the best.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
best packer of all time. the ceremony made me emotional as well...the ONLY ONLY ONLY thing i didn't like about it was there were too many references to "dancing with the stars", including the video congrats from the clowns on that show. other than that, very emotional and great to see him open up the announcement to the fans. wish i could have been there and i feel honored we got a signature from him this year (after 3 years of trying! :). DD, you are the best.
Yes too much Dancing with the Stars stuff, but that show is what made him FAMOUS outside of sports, which is good. He should be able to become almost like Michael Strahan if he wants.
How about replace Shannon Sharpe or Terry Bradshaw or something? Freshen those things up.

Great Donald Driver story video here> http://www.athletes4christ.com/

intox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver was one of the classiest players in the game. Gonna miss him.

Members online

Latest posts