Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest question is whether he buys digs in the mountains of Colorado, or in Hill Country, near Georgetown? I think he opts for both. He can be close to family, and enjoy the mountains, near where he went to college, and has connections. He's earned the right to enjoy his new journey. It's obvious he's already put the Packers in the rear view mirror.

That doesn't mean he's closed the doors on them, but if they want him back, they're going to have to come to him.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Writing on the wall? Mason sold his house in Green Bay.

Or profiteering before the housing collapse predicted by some. He doubled the value in 7 years.
"Crosby sold 157 Garden Gate Court for $1.35 million on May 23, according to Brown County land records. He bought the house in 2016 for $620,000."

Reaction score
Or profiteering before the housing collapse predicted by some. He doubled the value in 7 years.
"Crosby sold 157 Garden Gate Court for $1.35 million on May 23, according to Brown County land records. He bought the house in 2016 for $620,000."
Interesting. If he is anticipating a housing correction it could partly be a financial move. Might even be the correct time to Lease or maybe he already owns another home idk. Then jump back in if values adjust themselves.
If he’s not guaranteed to work in GB, I can see why he’d pick this time to unload, that makes sense there.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we are going for the full rebuild then let Mason move on and maybe find a spot with a contender. We will need a place kicker for a lot longer than a year or two.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rest assured that part of the money paid for Mason's home is "novelty money." It's the same as an autograph. In fact, the new owner will more than likely be a die-hard fan, who is buying something not unlike a kicking shoe he used in games, or practice.

I can't give you an exact figure, but it will add up to a fairly hefty part of the price paid. If you're looking at how this can happen, here's a link to the home used for filming "The Brady Bunch." Take a gander at the value of the surrounding homes, and the nostalgic retro-fitted home they used as an example for the TV show. Asking $5.5 mill in an area where the homes sell for under $2 mill, in the expensive LA area. Nostalgia buyers will spend extra for the history.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My parents bought a mini van signed by Sean Jones LOL. Well they agreed to buy one and when they went to get it, they had loaned it out to his wife while they worked on her vehicle. So he signed it on the visor when they returned it.

But I bet most of the value in Mason's house is the value that all the other houses in that range have currently.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My parents bought a mini van signed by Sean Jones LOL. Well they agreed to buy one and when they went to get it, they had loaned it out to his wife while they worked on her vehicle. So he signed it on the visor when they returned it.

But I bet most of the value in Mason's house is the value that all the other houses in that range have currently.
From what I've been told, there's a nostalgia level that surrounds most of the sales of ex-Packer homes. Depending on the guy's popularity, it could be quite a bit.

I think you ought to check this out. It's the Zillow information about where the Crosby home is, and shows prices. Even the house he owned was appraised at under $1 mill.

Like I said. This is common.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as someone who's actively bought and sold in this area the past 8 years and actively looking again, 1.1M for that home is not out of line at all in the current market. I'm sure some uber fan might put 10 or so K's extra, but much of that value is in the home itself.

We just lost out on a home 2K less square feet and on a 1.2acre lot vs Crosby's house on 1.7acres that sold 8 years ago for 425K, was sold again 5 years ago for 622K and we lost out with a cash bid of 750K and no contingencies. per sq. foot, that was more than Mason's house. I guess we'll find out what it actually went for in 2 months or so.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injuries, at our age, isn't something we take for granted like we did when we were young. A month ago, my Wife took a tumble because this contractor we had working on our kitchen moved the landing to our back door, so he could take our washer and dryer outside, while he painted the laundry room. Since he didn't finish that first day, he covered them up and left them under our car port. Then he moved the landing part way back, but not all the way back, to the door.

When I told him what happened, he just shrugged, and acted like that's no skin off his nose. When I told him he should be concerned about it, he shrugged again, so, I fired him, and told him that he'd be paying for her doctor bills, and inconvenience. I'd be taking it out of the $1,750 in labor he'd already rung up for the work he was doing.
Good for you. A lot of people would just have let it slide.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we are going for the full rebuild then let Mason move on and maybe find a spot with a contender. We will need a place kicker for a lot longer than a year or two.
Agree, although if I would have known he was so close to setting various records I might have relented. But I already made peace with moving on from him.

As for those housing prices, the main thing that irritates me is with the value of houses going up, they're jabbing me with the higher property taxes, and that annoys me.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Good for you. A lot of people would just have let it slide.
You can't just not pay someone for work or materials they've already done or used. That is unless you want to lose your house. At least not until the lawyers are done and the judge says elsewise.

Reaction score
Rest assured that part of the money paid for Mason's home is "novelty money." It's the same as an autograph. In fact, the new owner will more than likely be a die-hard fan, who is buying something not unlike a kicking shoe he used in games, or practice.

I can't give you an exact figure, but it will add up to a fairly hefty part of the price paid. If you're looking at how this can happen, here's a link to the home used for filming "The Brady Bunch." Take a gander at the value of the surrounding homes, and the nostalgic retro-fitted home they used as an example for the TV show. Asking $5.5 mill in an area where the homes sell for under $2 mill, in the expensive LA area. Nostalgia buyers will spend extra for the history.

Neat. I’d buy it if I had $5Mil lying around
I wouldn’t be able to get this song out of my though

“Till the one day when the lady met this fellow
And they knew it was much more than a hunch,
That this group must somehow form a family.
That's the way we all became the Brady Bunch”

Every time I came down those stairs I’d be singing those lyrics. :whistling:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't just not pay someone for work or materials they've already done or used. That is unless you want to lose your house. At least not until the lawyers are done and the judge says elsewise.
I paid for all materials. He was just hired for the labor to do the job. He'll get what he's got coming, "after" the doctor's bills are taken care of. If he wants litigation, and goes for a mechanic's lean, he's going to be facing a counter suit for medical expenses, and court costs, if necessary.

They can't "take your home." Where did that come from? You can only get a mechanics lean, and if the house is sold, you "may" get your money. Chances are, you'll never get it. If you run scared like that, dealing with contractors, you'd be an easy mark for them.

As half owner of two major contracting services that each do over $5 mill in total services over the course of a year, I know what's expected of us, and our people. When the guy tells me he has no liability insurance, and pretty much thinks I'm going to have to suck it up, because "he's the boss," he's history.

Reaction score
What I think I loved most about Crosby is he was never a source of some negative stories. People are known by their fruit and his fruit in the community was always really positive. He didn’t even put a stink when he left… his wife was thanking people and looking out for new players families. Really a good example for each of us.

I know nearly nothing about legal disputes as far as suing or where the rubber hits the road. Here’s my testimony of why that is:

I once loaned out some items (property) to a friend. When it came time for him to give back those items he didn’t show up and avoided me and made excuses. Now I was pretty upset and I guess so much, somehow my StepDad found out about it. He rarely gets involved with personal stuff and he’s very private and respects mine. He never comes over unannounced and he called me and told me he would be parked in my driveway and needed to speak to me

He came in my home out of concern and asked me to tell him my side of this story because he wanted to help and he knew I was a good person and he was upset that I was upset. Naturally I told him he couldn’t help, because I just got ripped off!!
I was determined going to go to court to get justice!!! Trust me I was MAD as heck and deservedly so. After I was done explaining, he asked me to do a favor and add up my $$ and losses. He then pulled out a checkbook and wrote me a check, but I wouldn’t accept it. My StepDad wasn’t made out of money either and I told him it’s not his fault! Now my stepdad was just like most of us and he doesn’t have $$ to just throw carelessly around. Man that made me mad in itself! I was so darn mad that I refused his check and nearly started to argue with him. Then realizing, He’s not the cause of this he’s just trying to help. Boy, There was an internal battle in my Soul because I knew this meant he wanted me to forgive that *****! He told me to let it go. He said never sue anyone unless it was an absolute, positively last resort and maybe not even then. You see.. God put it on heavy on his heart to relay that and pay me the $$. He told me that it wasn’t going to go good for anyone in court in the end (except the lawyers). So if you’re a lawyer I apologize!
I’m mostly almost afraid to sue people because I’m afraid my StepDad will show up upset and with a check and that gets humiliating.

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

What I think I loved most about Crosby is he was never a source of some negative stories. People are known by their fruit and his fruit in the community was always really positive. He didn’t even put a stink when he left… his wife was thanking people and looking out for new players families. Really a good example for each of us.

I know nearly nothing about legal disputes as far as suing or where the rubber hits the road. Here’s my testimony of why that is:

I once loaned out some items (property) to a friend. When it came time for him to give back those items he didn’t show up and avoided me and made excuses. Now I was pretty upset and I guess so much, somehow my StepDad found out about it. He rarely gets involved with personal stuff and he’s very private and respects mine. He never comes over unannounced and he called me and told me he would be parked in my driveway and needed to speak to me

He came in my home out of concern and asked me to tell him my side of this story because he wanted to help and he knew I was a good person and he was upset that I was upset. Naturally I told him he couldn’t help, because I just got ripped off!!
I was determined going to go to court to get justice!!! Trust me I was MAD as heck and deservedly so. After I was done explaining, he asked me to do a favor and add up my $$ and losses. He then pulled out a checkbook and wrote me a check, but I wouldn’t accept it. My StepDad wasn’t made out of money either and I told him it’s not his fault! Now my stepdad was just like most of us and he doesn’t have $$ to just throw carelessly around. Man that made me mad in itself! I was so darn mad that I refused his check and nearly started to argue with him. Then realizing, He’s not the cause of this he’s just trying to help. Boy, There was an internal battle in my Soul because I knew this meant he wanted me to forgive that *****! He told me to let it go. He said never sue anyone unless it was an absolute, positively last resort and maybe not even then. You see.. God put it on heavy on his heart to relay that and pay me the $$. He told me that it wasn’t going to go good for anyone in court in the end (except the lawyers). So if you’re a lawyer I apologize!
I’m mostly almost afraid to sue people because I’m afraid my StepDad will show up upset and with a check and that gets humiliating.
He sounds like a great man. Forgiveness is harder than it seems.

D

Deleted member 6794

No I just accept that there are going to be risks in this world.
You can talk to Rudolf Clausius or Lazare Carnot or any number of scientists and they will tell you that no matter how hard you fight it, you are heading back to dirt. If we worried half as much about what was going to happen after we turned to dust like we did before we turned to dirt this would be a much better world.
Do you realize that It’s more harmful to lie in bed all day ever day for a straight calendar year than it is to field 75 KR per calendar year. Do you similarly lobby for the Elderly and disabled? Although I’m not sure lying in bed will pay the bills quite like the NFL will.
These guys are well paid stuntmen in a feature show. Have you been actively looking out for stuntmen with the same vigor? Why not?? Are people only important if they make the NFL roster?

See. Compassion is always a tricky thing, but most people that hide behind it by beating their chest and tearing their clothes and wearing sackcloth and using a bullhorn? I find they are routinely the least compassionate people of all from my experience.

I'm absolutely in favor of the NFL trying to make the game safer for the players for some of them not to end up with CTE at a young age. While it's a fine line to not change the game too much while trying to achieve that the league needs to make a decent effort trying to find a compromise in my opinion.

With this being a football forum I don't care talking about other areas where improvements need to be made.

Reaction score
:coffee:I'm absolutely in favor of the NFL trying to make the game safer for the players for some of them not to end up with CTE at a young age. While it's a fine line to not change the game too much while trying to achieve that the league needs to make a decent effort trying to find a compromise in my opinion.

With this being a football forum I don't care talking about other areas where improvements need to be made.
There’s nothing wrong with promoting player safety.
That said, the point is there are risks associated with any sport, much less a full contact one. The only way to truly get to a point of no risk to players is canceling the NFL (and any other sport).
The sport had already done a good job mitigating players risk and there can be maybe some very minor alterations to continue that effort.

Just remember that with every rule change the sport is no longer the same and it sets precedent for the next rule change using the last one to support it.

I would also like to lobby for a reset in Player compensation and therefore a solid reduction in ticket prices. If the Sport is considerably safer (and less exciting) then that should trickle down in reduced benefits for players (after all they get paid on performance and health risks) and reduced ticket prices to that same degree. If they no longer have to perform work duties and the risk is minimized dramatically (your argument) they should proportionately make less money right?

How about 33% less compensation for the decreased risk across the board. No that’s too much, let’s go a 5% reduction in compensation for each rule change that shows to reduce risk.
Let’s make this game safer and let’s take a player vote :coffee:

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
There’s nothing wrong with promoting player safety.
That said, the point is there are risks associated with any sport, much less a full contact one. The only way to truly get to a point of no risk to players is canceling the NFL (and any other sport).
The sport had already done a good job mitigating players risk and there can be maybe some very minor alterations to continue that effort.

Just remember that with every rule change the sport is no longer the same and it sets precedent for the next rule change using the last one to support it.

I would also like to lobby for a reset in Player compensation and therefore a solid reduction in ticket prices. If the Sport is considerably safer (and less exciting) then that should trickle down in reduced benefits for players (after all they get paid on performance and health risks) and reduced ticket prices to that same degree. If they no longer have to perform work duties and the risk is minimized dramatically (your argument) they should proportionately make less money right?

How about 33% less compensation for the decreased risk across the board. No that’s too much, let’s go a 5% reduction in compensation for each rule change that shows to reduce risk.
Supply and demand. You really expect ticket prices to drop when there is a waiting list and an active resale market? The resale market more accurately reflects what the teams could be charging.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Supply and demand. You really expect ticket prices to drop when there is a waiting list and an active resale market? The resale market more accurately reflects what the teams could be charging.
This is true. But that's assuming there would still be a waiting list, and stadiums were sold out.

If you don't remember the 70s and 80s, when you could go to a game and get tickets outside the stadium for less than face value about 10-15 minutes before kick off. Earlier than that, you did pay a few bucks over face value, but not enough to break the bank.

History does have a way of repeating itself I'm afraid. If the price on tickets goes too high, it could happen.

That aside, adding safety measures to the game is not going to reduce the crowd sizes at this point.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm well aware there's always risk involved playing a full contact sport. I don't have any issues with the league trying to minimize them though.

First of all, I don't consider football to be any less exciting because of the rule changes. In addition, as long as revenue is increasing with the fans being the ones responsible for it there's no way player compensation will drop.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He all be sorely missed. He has been an exceptional kicker. I'm amazed how he always has such a calm demeanor.

We'll miss you ,Buddy!
I can hear the whining now, from those who wanted to get rid of him, as they say they don't understand why the Packers moved on from him, when the new guy fails them.

It's like listening to the; "We're gonna win the Super Bowl" after winning two in a row, then how the entire team and LeFleur needs to be dumped, if they lose a couple of games.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can hear the whining now, from those who wanted to get rid of him, as they say they don't understand why the Packers moved on from him, when the new guy fails them.

It's like listening to the; "We're gonna win the Super Bowl" after winning two in a row, then how the entire team and LeFleur needs to be dumped, if they lose a couple of games.

First missed field goal or PAT by the new guy, and the sky will be falling... :D

This is as good a time as any to rip the band aid off in one motion and move on...New quarterback, new kicker, new era. The time has come.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re:Crosby - doesn’t make a lot of sense to spend that much on a kicker during a rebuild when the kicker won’t be around when the rebuild phase is complete

Re: Rule changes for player safety? Get back to me on this eye-wash BS after you eliminate Thursday games

Members online

Latest posts