Good time for a Lacy contract extension?

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope if he does earn a long term hefty deal with us, it's incentive based with not a ton guaranteed. And hopefully some type of weight clause in it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone here has spoken to me in absolutes and dismissed every line of what ive said as invalid.

Yet here you are talking in absolutes but twlling me im not allowed to.

Ill speak how i want to, and ill be back after lacy signs a deal well after the season starts to tell each of you were wrong, yet treated me like im an idiot.

Dude has potential to maybe earn top5 rb money, or close to it, hes not going to let last year ruin that. Mark my words.

Will he go to aa, To put the bottle down? What about missing every curfew? It's much deeper than his talent.

He isnt motivated to play. Maybe eddy can turn it around... Maybe he will return to rookie form.. But it will be something the team is going to take a long time to decide..

Before season would be a complete 180 turn they have right now

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure why Lacy would thumb his nose at a good offer. I pulled out the list of current running back salaries. I'm certainly no salary expert, but would expect that a healthy Lacy coming off of a solid 4th season would probably get a contract in the $7-8 million range from another team. He's definitely not getting AP or Lynch money. If the Packers offered him $5-7 million before the season starts, he and his agent would need to decide if getting the extra $1-2 million is worth the injury gamble.

http://overthecap.com/position/running-back/
Salary Average Per Year:
$14,000,000 Adrian Peterson
$12,000,000 Marshawn Lynch
$ 8,700,000 Arian Foster
$ 8,010,000 LeSean McCoy
$ 8,000,000 DeMarco Murray
$ 7,600,000 Matt Forte
$ 7,300,000 Jonathan Stewart
$ 6,937,500 Jamaal Charles
$ 4,116,667 Shane Vereen
$ 4,000,000 Frank Gore

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats a swing of $1-2m per year, so upto an $8m difference. Thats hardly insignificant. I would think a young pro athlete as gifted as Lacy would bet on himself in that scenario.

I'm not sure why Lacy would thumb his nose at a good offer. I pulled out the list of current running back salaries. I'm certainly no salary expert, but would expect that a healthy Lacy coming off of a solid 4th season would probably get a contract in the $7-8 million range from another team. He's definitely not getting AP or Lynch money. If the Packers offered him $5-7 million before the season starts, he and his agent would need to decide if getting the extra $1-2 million is worth the injury gamble.

http://overthecap.com/position/running-back/
Salary Average Per Year:
$14,000,000 Adrian Peterson
$12,000,000 Marshawn Lynch
$ 8,700,000 Arian Foster
$ 8,010,000 LeSean McCoy
$ 8,000,000 DeMarco Murray
$ 7,600,000 Matt Forte
$ 7,300,000 Jonathan Stewart
$ 6,937,500 Jamaal Charles
$ 4,116,667 Shane Vereen
$ 4,000,000 Frank Gore

D

Deleted member 6794

After what happened last season I would be absolutely shocked if the Packers would offer Lacy a deal averaging $5-7 million during this offseason.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After what happened last season I would be absolutely shocked if the Packers would offer Lacy a deal averaging $5-7 million during this offseason.

Yep. Exactly why there will be no deal made until well into the season.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yep. Exactly why there will be no deal made until well into the season.

Last week you said we'd be wise to give him an offer now but that Lacy and his agent would never take it right now, and that's why there will be no deal until well into next season. Which is it?

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last week you said we'd be wise to give him an offer now but that Lacy and his agent would never take it right now, and that's why there will be no deal until well into next season. Which is it?

Thats actually not what i said. Nice try though. I said it sounds like a good idea in theory to ink him now, since it would cost less based off of his performance last year. But its a flawed theory because he and his agent arent going to take an offer theyre going to get now, knowing last season put a big dent in potential earnings.

Youre attempting to put words in my mouth and failing miserably at it. Probably like the rest of your life.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats actually not what i said. Nice try though. I said it sounds like a good idea in theory to ink him now, since it would cost less based off of his performance last year. But its a flawed theory because he and his agent arent going to take an offer theyre going to get now, knowing last season put a big dent in potential earnings.

Youre attempting to put words in my mouth and failing miserably at it. Probably like the rest of your life.

We had a terrible offense with an ineffective lacy.

Price wise, itd be in our interest to ink him now. Like i said, though, i expect a motivated lacy this year and hes not going to take a deal now lnowing he can position himself for more with a good year.

The whole discussion is moot because lacy and his agent simply will not accept a deal right now knowing its going to be a low ball offer.

It. ..doesn't sound like I put any words in your mouth. :rolleyes:

Also, you'd be wise not to repeat something like the last sentence from your top post, pretty sure you won't be long for this board if you continue with that level of immaturity.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It. ..doesn't sound like I put any words in your mouth. :rolleyes:

Also, you'd be wise not to repeat something like the last sentence from your top post, pretty sure you won't be long for this board if you continue with that level of immaturity.

I also made it clear lacy is not taking any contract right now since last season deflated his value too severely. Which part of this do you not get? These are not mutually exclusive concepts.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also made it clear lacy is not taking any contract right now since last season deflated his value too severely. Which part of this do you not get? These are not mutually exclusive concepts.

I don't think my question was that confusing. You did say Lacy wouldn't take any contract right now because of where his value is at, and said that it would be in the Packers best interests to sign him now, but not Lacy's. Then when Captain said that he would be shocked if the Packers offered him a $5-7M dollar contract this offseason, you agreed and said that was exactly why there wouldn't be a deal until well into next season.

I simply asked you to clarify what your stance was since I thought it was obvious why those two viewpoints were somewhat conflicting. Since you're clearly not going to address that, it's probably best to let it die.

And while it's fine to have an opinion; everyone here has one, you continue to present yours as fact and become hostile when asked to clarify anything, points already mentioned by myself and others multiple times.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not putting up with this.

You were warned once.

Now stop

So what rule am i violating by encouraging one to enjoy the distinct opportunity to savor some delicious beef stroganoff in the comfort and privacy of their bath tub, while releasing all stress and pressure? If anything, i believe i should be commended for being so thoughtful.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So what rule am i violating by encouraging one to enjoy the distinct opportunity to savor some delicious beef stroganoff in the comfort and privacy of their bath tub, while releasing all stress and pressure? If anything, i believe i should be commended for being so thoughtful.

Trying to cause arguments

Now you will sit in the corner

Big chilly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eddie Lacy is a lot more valuable then 4years16million how bout 4years 30million sounds reasonable to me u remember wut we went through without a viable back lets no b disrespectfu

D

Deleted member 6794

Eddie Lacy is a lot more valuable then 4years16million how bout 4years 30million sounds reasonable to me u remember wut we went through without a viable back lets no b disrespectfu

Did you miss Lacy struggling for most of the 2015 season because he was completely out of shape??? No way the Packers should offer him that kind of money.