1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

good game guys...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by vikeinmontana, Oct 25, 2010.

1. vikeinmontana

vikeinmontana Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    just wanted to pop back in and congratulate you guys on a nice win. as always it was a great game with many ups and downs. not a lot of positives for the vikes but hopefully we'll be playing better when we meet again in a month. i like to think the division is still wide open but we're playing so bad right now it's tough to remain too optimistic. i saw that favre was barely walking after his presser so we might be seeing some tavaris jackson! ugh. i guess if i wanna look at it positively....he'll have to actually TRY to play as poor as favre has played so far this year. i just think favre has too much crap going on to be able to focus on football right now. looking forward to what our teams look like when we have our rematch in the dome! stay healthy and i appreciate the banter these last few days. see ya in a few weeks. skol!:wave:

• Like Like x 6
  2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    VERY NICE

You are a CLASSY poster and I personally want you to stick around...

So consider being a solid member here

3. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Dammit, your making it hard for me to continue to believe all the stereotypes of Viking fans.

4. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,002
    Don't worry, some jerk will come here before the next Packer-Vikings game and renew your faith. They always do. And they never stick around. Which is good.

5. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +120
    You're classier than some of the Packer fans on here...

6. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    like who?

7. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I love nice Vikings fans!!! Thanks for that and Hugs to you!!! :)

8. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    You can count on that! but Nice thread by the Fan in purple...did I just say that?

9. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    I'm still waiting for MNVikes4eva to show his face. Doubt he'll be back.

10. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah he wont come back, he's a tool...

11. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    Nice post. Looks like not all Vikes fans are douches. :)

Stick around!

12. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    It is. We both are playing horrible. Our offense hasn't scored in the second half of a game in the last three games. I'm very happy we won, and LOVED our defensive effort, but our offense is scaring me, and unless we can get everyone on the same page the Bears might actually win the division by default :suicide2:

Anyway, it was a PHENOMENAL game with ups and downs as you said, and I can't WAIT for the rematch. Division games are always the best!

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    That would be the highlight of my day :viksux:

And classy post by the vikes fan. I dont think anyone on this forum will tell you they werent nervous the last minute of the game last night.

14. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I welcome fans of any team to come discuss football on this forum because that is what its for. You're a classy poster and I too hope you stick around, its good to have other perspectives around here, and makes for good debate.. You guys put up a hell of a fight last night too, was a great game!

15. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    Rodgers to Jennings for a TD was in the 2nd half last night. But I do agree our O has been horrid in the 2nd half this season (minus the Bills game I think).

16. gmann001

gmann001 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    Look at it this way, if the Viqueens bench Favre... at least TJack will get some experience.

As for your posts, I still wonder if you are really a Vikings fan [j/k].:blink: It's nice to know they do have some classy fans. See you in 4 weeks.

17. Jordan

Jordan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I knew Vikings fans were a hair better than Bears fans!

18. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Thanks for the classy comments, they're much appreciated. That was one hell of a nail biter, and definitely an instant classic.

It's going to be interesting to see the makeup of our defense when we meet up again in three weeks. We'll probably have Harris and Bigby back, and hopefully both Jenkins and Pickett will be healthy enough to play so we don't have to use our backup RT on the friggin D-Line. I think those two things will make a defense that I feel is playing quite well even more potent.

19. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Thumbs up for vikeinmontana for being a good sport. Not like Vikeman running around posting the refs beat the Vikings in like 5 different threads last night.

20. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Guys, MNVikes4eva is still banned, so you won't be seeing him today.

I have no idea when he's allowed back.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

21. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,002
    The Vikes will probably have Rice back by then as well. So it should make for an interesting match up. Rice, Harvin, Moss, Shiancoe and Peterson in the Backfield.

As to the Packers run D. They need to work on it some more. The Jets have to RB's that can kill you.

22. Big Dan

Big Dan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +47
    I don't know if I can call it a nice win, but we'll take it. That was the biggest nail-biter I can remember in a long time. The rematch in the dome should be buck-wild.

It was a strange day for football across the board yesterday. Crazy scores, pretty big upsets, plenty of controversial calls, and lots of records tied or broken. Just a strange day. At least we all got to enjoy Cutler's performance yesterday.

23. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I'm still not worries about the run D. Peterson had 4.5 avg. He's a monster. That is very good IMHO against him.

If we commit, we stop the run. But we're committing, for obvious reasons, more to the pass.

Also, we had 3 active DL last game. Neal, Pickett, Jenkins were out. The only guys playing where Raji, Wilson and Wynn, so we were short at DL, and used more 2-4 nickel personel.

At goalline, Lang, a RT, was used in there.

24. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    IMO, if Peterson doesn't break off any 50 yarders and gets to 150 yards 5 yards at a time with the occasional 10 yard run, I call it a success.

25. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I was thinking about it last night.
    Is there any runner in the NFL that's playing better than Peterson? He's a monster, and he's not fumbling anymore.

However, his team is still 2-4...

Nowadays, it's all about the QB. A great RB is very good, and you need to be able to run the ball. But you don't need a great back to be sucessful.