1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Giant sized studs and duds

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Poppa San, Nov 17, 2013.

1. melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +105

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,031
    I wouldn't say the defense was a dud. Not a stud, but they only gave up 20 points. Offense was a major dud and the reason they lost the game. Can't win when the offense gives up as many touchdowns as it scores.

3. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,031
    I don't remember any major deficiencies in the offense before Rodgers. Red zone could have been better, but still were one of the league's best.

The only way for him to resolve the offensive problems now is for him to become magic and heal Rodgers' collar bone.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    13 points 7 was pick 6

5. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Terre Haute Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +191
    Oh I know they do! I realize the tough position the coaches and players are placed in having to hold back their anger while painfully attempting to answer moronic questions directed at them from the media during a presser after a loss. There are some coaches and players who use the subliminal approach by smartly emitting some "read between the lines" answers and point fingers using that method, also. But yes, I'm glad that MM takes the "high road" approach by refusing to throw anyone under the bus and create a media circus for ESPN to run with. Each time I have heard MM address the media, he was always a class act, even after the "Fail Mary" horrible call.

But no, HRE....We agree on what you pointed out. I've just become frustrated and irritated, just like all of us are on a weekly basis of what we're witnessing on the field which obviously is NOT being corrected in practices. A lot of injuries? You bet! But again, these "next up" guys and regular starters as well, are professional players who are talented enough to play in the NFL and if there's someone who's not getting the job done either on the field or a coach up in the boothe, then it's an ongoing problem that needs fixed, pdq. I have no idea as to the demeanor of MM on the practice field, but he's no doubt as aggrevated as all of us are and I'm hoping he can "motivate" these guys into believing they can win without AR on the field b/c evidently, they aren't playing as if they believe they can win without him behind center. JMHO!

6. NY06

NY06 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +25
    How would you like your head coach to react?
    I think you guys have a good head coach, every season it seems you guys are contending and that's all you can ask for from your head coach. Having Rodgers helps too... And the past couple of weeks has shown how important he is to your team.
    "Laying down" is strong words, just my opinion they're playing the best they can with injuries at vital positions. Can't do much with a QB who was on the practice squad a few weeks ago. Losing Cobb and Finley doesn't help either.
    Who do you want at DC? Remember the grass is not always greener on the other side.

7. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,011
    Lovie Smith..that was easy.

8. NY06

NY06 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +25
    He was a head coach for 9 years, you so sure he would want to go back to being a coordinator?

9. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +191
    I wish MM could heal AR's collar bone! :( Offensively? Right....we were still ranked right there with the best with AR under center and we've become so spoiled with having to settle for FG's in the red zone instead of '7's, but we put points on the board (provided Mason is "on") non-the-less in our trips inside the rz. Enough to win 5 games, thus far. The blocking for the running game has been very good, but the pass protection effort will never satisfy us < Again injuries to the OL, but it is what it is. The play calling has been suspect in some games and stalled drives. Probably, my primary complaint would be the pass protection more than anything which has hurried AR and taken him out of his rhythm to avoid being sacked. I'm probably being a little to critical and nit-picking about our offensive performance, but I would take that effort in a heartbeat "IF" we could get AR back ASAP. Damn injuries! Even before the regular season has come full-circle, again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,477
    Getting back to your original question and my point in response, the frustration is with the losing not the perfunctory commentary that follows.

11. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,477
    He already accounted for that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +191
    So......the answer to my not so brilliant question, "when will the time come when we don't have to listen to the coaches and players repetitive post-game responses to the media?" NEVER!

And as I stated, I wholeheartedly agreed with your comment as to the correct responses to be used to avoid chaos within an organization.... and YES, the losing is very frustrating for which all involved can agree.

Strike my perfunctory commentary from the record :oops:

I Fold ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,477
    It is uncommon to receive such a gracious response. Thanks.

14. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,031
    I'd rather see the Packers stick with a 3-4. I wouldn't want to take one of the best pass rushers in the game and put him in a position where his primary responsibly isn't to rush the passer.

"I think you guys have a good head coach, every season it seems you guys are contending and that's all you can ask for from your head coach"

I couldn't agree more with that statement. The Giants, especially, have proven you don't necessarily need the best team every year to win it (could also look at all the very good Colts teams that didn't win it). Getting to the playoffs nearly every season gives the team a chance to get hot at the end and win it all.

15. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    Kevin Greene