Giant sized studs and duds

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't say the defense was a dud. Not a stud, but they only gave up 20 points. Offense was a major dud and the reason they lost the game. Can't win when the offense gives up as many touchdowns as it scores.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Upon reading all these comments under this thread, I suppose I should feel blessed that the game was not aired in our area, although as a ritual, whenever I cannot view our games, I check in on the "CHAT" for the duration of the game which I did yesterday and lived/died vicariously through each of those participating who relayed the details at the conclusion of every down, be it either a prosperous (NOT been a majority of those of late) or an agonizing one and it sounded like it would have been another wasted two plus hours of extra heat burning up my plasma tv having to suffer through watching yet another lack-luster performance.

THREE missed opportunities now, to get wins against Chicago, Philly (both at home) and the Giants.....ALL three were very winable games despite having a backup QB. THREE lost opportunities that we desparately needed in Rodgers' absence! We're playing the horrible hand we've been dealt, but regardless, the players we have out there filling vacancies are PROFESSIONAL football players just as those who have been playing on a regular basis for years are, so WHEN does the time come when we shouldn't have to continue hearing the coach and players say in the post-game pressers: "Well, we just didn't do a good job at........or "We need to do a better job at........ and "We need to cut down on our mistakes" script? Rodgers or no Rodgers, the problems have been present all year on both sides of the ball. I didn't
even have to see the game yesterday to visualize in my mind the deficiencies occuring that I have witnessed in the games I have had the opportunity to watch this year.

For the love of God, when will the excuses stop and the remedies begin?

The problem with this team goes much deeper than the players on the filed, obvi

Memmo to Head Coach MM: GET THESE PROBLEMS RESOLVED NOW......or we're toast, if we're not already:mad:

I don't remember any major deficiencies in the offense before Rodgers. Red zone could have been better, but still were one of the league's best.

The only way for him to resolve the offensive problems now is for him to become magic and heal Rodgers' collar bone.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say the defense was a dud. Not a stud, but they only gave up 20 points. Offense was a major dud and the reason they lost the game. Can't win when the offense gives up as many touchdowns as it scores.
13 points 7 was pick 6

Reaction score
That's what coaches and players say that after a loss. It's better than the alternative...finger pointing. When that starts you likely have a multi-year problem on your hands.

Oh I know they do! I realize the tough position the coaches and players are placed in having to hold back their anger while painfully attempting to answer moronic questions directed at them from the media during a presser after a loss. There are some coaches and players who use the subliminal approach by smartly emitting some "read between the lines" answers and point fingers using that method, also. But yes, I'm glad that MM takes the "high road" approach by refusing to throw anyone under the bus and create a media circus for ESPN to run with. Each time I have heard MM address the media, he was always a class act, even after the "Fail Mary" horrible call.

But no, HRE....We agree on what you pointed out. I've just become frustrated and irritated, just like all of us are on a weekly basis of what we're witnessing on the field which obviously is NOT being corrected in practices. A lot of injuries? You bet! But again, these "next up" guys and regular starters as well, are professional players who are talented enough to play in the NFL and if there's someone who's not getting the job done either on the field or a coach up in the boothe, then it's an ongoing problem that needs fixed, pdq. I have no idea as to the demeanor of MM on the practice field, but he's no doubt as aggrevated as all of us are and I'm hoping he can "motivate" these guys into believing they can win without AR on the field b/c evidently, they aren't playing as if they believe they can win without him behind center. JMHO!

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NY06 trying to make this seem better than what it is. There is no way anyone is going to convince me the way our head coach is reacting to this swoon is a good thing. It makes me think that MM too believes he is not replaceable. I am starting to think that he may be a bit of a buffoon player coach, with a 30 million dollar qb. Nothing more and nothing less. If Capers is not released at seasons end, you season ticket holders should protest. The product we are seeing minus a big time qb is beyond a joke. These players are professionals, but you'd never know it the way they have laid down.
How would you like your head coach to react?
I think you guys have a good head coach, every season it seems you guys are contending and that's all you can ask for from your head coach. Having Rodgers helps too... And the past couple of weeks has shown how important he is to your team.
"Laying down" is strong words, just my opinion they're playing the best they can with injuries at vital positions. Can't do much with a QB who was on the practice squad a few weeks ago. Losing Cobb and Finley doesn't help either.
Who do you want at DC? Remember the grass is not always greener on the other side.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you guys have a good head coach, every season it seems you guys are contending and that's all you can ask for from your head coach. Having Rodgers helps too... And the past couple of weeks has shown how important he is to your team.
"Laying down" is strong words, just my opinion they're playing the best they can with injuries at vital positions. Can't do much with a QB who was on the practice squad a few weeks ago. Losing Cobb and Finley doesn't help either.
Who do you want at DC? Remember the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Lovie Smith..that was easy.

Reaction score
I don't remember any major deficiencies in the offense before Rodgers. Red zone could have been better, but still were one of the league's best.

The only way for him to resolve the offensive problems now is for him to become magic and heal Rodgers' collar bone.

I wish MM could heal AR's collar bone! :( Offensively? Right....we were still ranked right there with the best with AR under center and we've become so spoiled with having to settle for FG's in the red zone instead of '7's, but we put points on the board (provided Mason is "on") non-the-less in our trips inside the rz. Enough to win 5 games, thus far. The blocking for the running game has been very good, but the pass protection effort will never satisfy us < Again injuries to the OL, but it is what it is. The play calling has been suspect in some games and stalled drives. Probably, my primary complaint would be the pass protection more than anything which has hurried AR and taken him out of his rhythm to avoid being sacked. I'm probably being a little to critical and nit-picking about our offensive performance, but I would take that effort in a heartbeat "IF" we could get AR back ASAP. Damn injuries! Even before the regular season has come full-circle, again.

H

HardRightEdge

Oh I know they do! I realize the tough position the coaches and players are placed in having to hold back their anger while painfully attempting to answer moronic questions directed at them from the media during a presser after a loss. There are some coaches and players who use the subliminal approach by smartly emitting some "read between the lines" answers and point fingers using that method, also. But yes, I'm glad that MM takes the "high road" approach by refusing to throw anyone under the bus and create a media circus for ESPN to run with. Each time I have heard MM address the media, he was always a class act, even after the "Fail Mary" horrible call.

But no, HRE....We agree on what you pointed out. I've just become frustrated and irritated, just like all of us are on a weekly basis of what we're witnessing on the field which obviously is NOT being corrected in practices. A lot of injuries? You bet! But again, these "next up" guys and regular starters as well, are professional players who are talented enough to play in the NFL and if there's someone who's not getting the job done either on the field or a coach up in the boothe, then it's an ongoing problem that needs fixed, pdq. I have no idea as to the demeanor of MM on the practice field, but he's no doubt as aggrevated as all of us are and I'm hoping he can "motivate" these guys into believing they can win without AR on the field b/c evidently, they aren't playing as if they believe they can win without him behind center. JMHO!

Getting back to your original question and my point in response, the frustration is with the losing not the perfunctory commentary that follows.

Reaction score
Getting back to your original question and my point in response, the frustration is with the losing not the perfunctory commentary that follows.

So......the answer to my not so brilliant question, "when will the time come when we don't have to listen to the coaches and players repetitive post-game responses to the media?" NEVER!

And as I stated, I wholeheartedly agreed with your comment as to the correct responses to be used to avoid chaos within an organization.... and YES, the losing is very frustrating for which all involved can agree.

Strike my perfunctory commentary from the record :oops:

I Fold ;)

H

HardRightEdge

So......the answer to my not so brilliant question, "when will the time come when we don't have to listen to the coaches and players repetitive post-game responses to the media?" NEVER!

And as I stated, I wholeheartedly agreed with your comment as to the correct responses to be used to avoid chaos within an organization.... and YES, the losing is very frustrating for which all involved can agree.

Strike my perfunctory commentary from the record :oops:

I Fold ;)

It is uncommon to receive such a gracious response. Thanks.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lovie Smith..that was easy.

I'd rather see the Packers stick with a 3-4. I wouldn't want to take one of the best pass rushers in the game and put him in a position where his primary responsibly isn't to rush the passer.

"I think you guys have a good head coach, every season it seems you guys are contending and that's all you can ask for from your head coach"

I couldn't agree more with that statement. The Giants, especially, have proven you don't necessarily need the best team every year to win it (could also look at all the very good Colts teams that didn't win it). Getting to the playoffs nearly every season gives the team a chance to get hot at the end and win it all.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kevin Greene

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts