GB's RBs

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are some people ready to trade Ahman Green ?? I mean he can go the distance on any play - sure he has some fumbles here and there but so do alot of NFL backs - and we have a nice power back in Davenport and a good 3rd down back in Fisher .

When we fix our defense - we will be contenders for the title - we have the offense= we just gotta win our home games like we used to -and win half the road games and we are sittin 12 - 4 and lookin good. The NFC is wide open , and i don't see any reason the Pack can't go to the super bowl if we can get the defense to cover and tackle and not get burned so easy.

GO PACK :chest: :jumpsmile: :beer: :joy: :cross: :pals: :mrgreen: :D :jumpsmile:

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The majority of Green's troubles and fumbles happen in the beginning of the season. Usually the coaches limit his carries and playing in TC to keep him fresh for the season, but it only means that it takes a few regular games for him to get into gear.

This preseason Green has been seeing more action to get him into gear sooner. This means that he's making mistakes in the beginning of the year, like he always does. It also means that people are ready to quit on him earlier this year than in the past. Hopefully he will get past his early season problems sooner this year and kick it into high gear for the 1st game, instead of the 6th game.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Despite Green 32 fumbles in his five year career with the Packers, 10 of his fumbles were recovered by the Packers, His fumbling problem is minor by what he has achieved in five years, he has been with the Packers. Green has rushed in 1528 attempt for 7177 yards Ave 4.7 yards Receiving : Green hAS caught 285 passes for 2190 yards. Ahman has long runs of 98 yards TD, 90 YARDS TD, 83 YARDS TD, & 64 YARDS. Green has scored 372 points. I have seen most of all the Packers running backs since around 1948 to present. I think Green is the most talented one in Packer history. He can do it all, he has speed and can take it all the way at any point on the field. He has power to break tackles and maKe yards sometimes mostly on his own and is elusive enough to make a tackler miss him. No running back in Packer history had all these talents that Green posseses especially his speed. Many excellent running backs put the ball down on the carpet because of the extra effort they put into their runs to get the extra yards. He usually settles down after the first part of the season and doesn't fumble much after that. He also does a good job of blocking for Brett Farvre. You have to take the good with the bad(fumbles) when it comes to Ahman . I think his five year career show the good far exceeds his fumbling.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we will be able to keep him next year as the market for premier RBs is not what it was several years ago....just ask Shaun Alexander and Edgerrin James.

The RB is to the offense what LBs are to the defense...easily replaced with little investment. At least that's what the last several years indicate.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few more things....

he's about to enter the unknown years for NFL rbs, where at any given moment, production suddenly drops (see Eddie George)

He's going to want big money, and considering what digs just posted, and that they've got Fischer, Williams, and Davenport...it may be wise for the future.

profootballtalk.com suggested that depending on how his legal situation w/ his ex turns out, he may be suspended.

W/ that said, yes, statistically, he has been the most productive back in the NFL over the last 5 yrs, and maybe in Packer history, but the future leaves a lot of questions for someone who will want a lot of $$$

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green's problem is really a catch 22. I don't think anyone questions his running ablilty and everyone dislikes his fumbles. So as far as trading or not signing him, TT is going to be d***** if he does and d***** if he doesn't. Personally I like Green and hope he retires a Packer.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish with all my heart that they would trade Green. What do you mean he has accomplished more than his fumbles....Do you realize how many drives have been killed by his fumbles....32 and only 10 recovered? 22 drives that were killed. And I bet we lost some of those games by at least 7 points. In my mind the Packers would be a lot better off without Green. I am sick of his excuses too for his fumbles. Always somthing...''Well the ball was too slick", or " I guess they just got a good poke at it"..........Shut up and give some results.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fumbles are an acceptable by-product of a back fighting FOR a first down, it is not acceptable when the first down is HAD and the back keeps churning with 4 or 5 guys (all trying to strip the ball) on him to get an extra foot. Green often is the latter. When you have the first down, Ahman, hit the turf instead of giving them the chance to strip the ball.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So whats your point? My point is he still fumbles. Hey I dont dislike everything about Green ok. I can see that he tries hard and he has a good attitude out on the field. And I will not take anything away from him. I think it is great all of the yards he has rushed for, for the Pack. But I still believe that his fumbles which cost us games do outweigh the good things he has done. If you gave me time I could think of more things that I do like about Green. Only two things I dont like are his fumbles and then the excuses.

King Wayne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
check fumble ratios of the greats, youll be suprised who fumbled more often than green. You mooks just listen to the media too much, that and green fumbles in bunches.

King Wayne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in case you cant find anything this is from 12/03 Packers.com

NO ROGER MARIS ASTERISK FOR GREEN: Ahman Green figures to break Taylor's single-season record in 14 games, the same number of contests Taylor needed in 1962. In a conference call with Wisconsin media last Thursday, Taylor questioned Green's fumble ratio, saying that Vince Lombardi did not permit players to fumble. So, the Packers looked up the numbers:

* Over their careers in a Packers uniform (where they played the vast majority of their NFL games), Taylor actually fumbled (one fumble every 61.0 touches) more often than Green (one fumble every 63.2 touches).

* Even Green's idol, the late Walter Payton, fumbled more often. Payton over his Bears career fumbled 34 times in 2,173 touches (50.5).

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2003/12/10/1/

according to the packer site he has the lowest fumble/touch ratio in packers history as well. What to do about that one fellows?

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate fumbling. That said AG has fumbled 32 x's in 5 years with the PAck p/u 10 of those. So in 5 years that equates to 4.4 fumbles lost /year. How many INT's does Brett throw a year? Quadrupal AG's losses. Would you get rid of Brett....He!! no. AG is more of an asset than liability.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohiopacker said:
Why are some people ready to trade Ahman Green ?? I mean he can go the distance on any play - sure he has some fumbles here and there but so do alot of NFL backs - and we have a nice power back in Davenport and a good 3rd down back in Fisher .

When we fix our defense - we will be contenders for the title - we have the offense= we just gotta win our home games like we used to -and win half the road games and we are sittin 12 - 4 and lookin good. The NFC is wide open , and i don't see any reason the Pack can't go to the super bowl if we can get the defense to cover and tackle and not get burned so easy.

GO PACK :chest: :jumpsmile: :beer: :joy: :cross: :pals: :mrgreen: :D :jumpsmile:

he has been fumbling too much.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
I hate fumbling. That said AG has fumbled 32 x's in 5 years with the PAck p/u 10 of those. So in 5 years that equates to 4.4 fumbles lost /year. How many INT's does Brett throw a year? Quadrupal AG's losses. Would you get rid of Brett....He!! no. AG is more of an asset than liability.
Ummmm....No! Tell me how many games has Green won for us? Now how many games has Favre won for us?

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With other teams fearing Green and the run, how much pressure was taken off of Brett? Green has contributed to more wins than losses. If you have someone to bring in place for AG I'm all ears, rather eyes, otherwise I'll grin and bear it during the 4.4 fumbles he loses/year. Don't tell me Davenport or Fisher can carry the full time load, no way. If you suggest Maurice Clarett I'll yak! Maybe if we could get our D up and running, AG wouldn't have to fight for every inch, knowing that the other team may be getting the ball to score real soon. Until there's a replacement, AG is far from the players we need to axe. Go Pack

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats a good point. I wish we had someone who didn't fumble though. But hey at least we dont have someone who is a terribile runner plus he fumbles.....At least Ahman can run better than average.

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you guys are crazy. The VIKINGS WOULD KILL FOR AN EVERY DOWN BACK LIKE GREEN. You have a stud behind him in Davenport, I hope you trade him to us. Najeh could be an all pro in our sytem he is big, bruising, fast, and most importantly, he hits the hole. He is a true running back not like Bennett who has great speed but is not a running back. If he came to the Vikes Najeh would be in the pro bowl. I have noticed that he does get injured, is he injury prone or just some bad luck? You guys have two great backs and I think you guys are spoiled. You will regret trading Green when you are in the Vikings position for three or four years without a true feature back on your team. I hope you do it though and trade Green to the Vikings we'll give you ah.............................Onerio "where's my bong" Smith and throw in Hersel Walker to boot!! :lol: What do ya say!?!?!!?!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fumble ratio sounds right -- but here's the thing....

It's not that his fumbles are less - it's WHEN he fumbles....
I bet there's no stat for whether or not Jim Taylor fumbled on what would have been a TD play, now is there..... Or Walter Payton, either....

Like the man said - two things killed us last year...

• Ahman (Batman) Green fumbling on potential TD plays...
    Brett (3xMVP) Favre throwing waaay too many INT's for an MVP....

If they fix those two events... the O side of the ball excels big time this year...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts