Gb trade 2008 1st rounder for Michael Turner?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
John Clayton reporting there's 3 teams interested in trading for Michael Turner, and supposedly one of them offered a 2008 1st rounder for him.

Doesn't sound like Ted's style.

Just throwing it out there.

:cheerleader:

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cant wait until the draft all ready so then we can just find out some things that are actually true and are going to happen. Anyways the teams that could be the 3 are Bills, Packers, Titans and maybe someone else I missed.

Apocalypse

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see him sending this years 1st round pick. but not next year.. but hell what do i know i mean really.
Why not? If we can get Moss and Turner, don't you think our 1st round pick in 2008 will be somewhere around the 30's? :twocents:

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
I could see him sending this years 1st round pick. but not next year.. but hell what do i know i mean really.
Why not? If we can get Moss and Turner, don't you think our 1st round pick in 2008 will be somewhere around the 30's? :twocents:

good call... basically just a high second.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather have Turner than Moss. I would rather have Turner than LJ. I would rather have LJ than Moss.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not? If we can get Moss and Turner, don't you think our 1st round pick in 2008 will be somewhere around the 30's?

Without improved play from the offensive line, the only way the Packers will be picking in the 30s next year is if TT trades down there, even with Moss, Turner & LJ.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apocalypse said:
Why not? If we can get Moss and Turner, don't you think our 1st round pick in 2008 will be somewhere around the 30's?

Without improved play from the offensive line, the only way the Packers will be picking in the 30s next year is if TT trades down there, even with Moss, Turner & LJ.

Yep

cheesyscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only would I make that I trade I'd also figure out a way to get the Moss deal done. Maybe Moss and a third round pick? This is something I found just minutes ago. Think about Moss and DD and Turner . Three potential pro-bowl players. Then at 16 you take Olson the tight end from Miami. Now that gets me excited.

A league source tells us that the Oakland Raiders are shopping receiver Randy Moss for a second-round pick in the 2007 draft.

The source believes that Moss can be had for less than that amount.

The problem is that any team that trades for Moss will have to pay him a base salary of $9.75 million in 2007, or otherwise work out a new deal.

Moss has been linked to the Packers for much of the offseason. We've consistently heard that Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre is certain that Moss will join the team. Last night, we heard that Green Bay recently has offered a fourth-round pick.

So if the Raiders want a two and the Packers have offered a four, this thing likely could get done for a third-rounder.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apocalypse said:

So why would they not improve with a years experience and a full off-season under their belt?

I thought they did pretty damn good considering at one point they had three rookies and a first year starter in there which is like unprecidented in the history of the NFL.

I would think NOT improving would be a much bigger surprise at this point considering how well they held their own last year.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh my god are these (edited) actually complaining about our O-line?

its young, but improved over the year, and will be fine. lol.

I pity these people

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So why would they not improve with a years experience and a full off-season under their belt?

I thought they did pretty damn good considering at one point they had three rookies and a first year starter in there which is like unprecidented in the history of the NFL.

I would think NOT improving would be a much bigger surprise at this point considering how well they held their own last year.

Personally, I think it takes more than a year of experience and an offseason to make someone a good, productive offensive lineman in the NFL. And to be perfectly honest, I'll be pleased if we can just get to the point this season where we can actually let our RBs, FBs, and TEs be involved in the offensive scheme without having to have them stay in the backfield to help the OL do their jobs.

Although I could be wrong, I doubt if you'll find many people in the NFL who agree that the Green Bay offensive line did pretty damn good last year. They were 8-8 last season, IMO the OL was one of the major reasons for that.

Apocalypse

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FFLW is reporting that the Packers are rumored to be the likely landing spot for Chargers RB Michael Turner. Strong sources are saying that the deal will include the first round pick for 2008.

:cheerleader:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I would rather have Turner than Moss. I would rather have Turner than LJ. I would rather have LJ than Moss.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a positive sign the Packers will be acquiring Randy Moss in the future.

Why? Because it'd be another thing positive Ted did for the Packers that said user can
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

if you are wondering, yes I used a *ahem* CAT for a reason.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont feel so good about this... i mean the guy has been spelling for the best back in the league (who is well on his way to one of the greatest ever)

hes got a good offensive line, a good offensive scheme and again hes filling in against tired defenses because LT has worn them out.

all im saying is its a lot for an unproven guy.

that being said, if he is as good as we think/hope/pray... our team will be very much improved and the draft pick we lose will be a low one so it might not be that big of an issue. still a little bit scary...