Game 17 -- here kitty kitty. Season ender vs hapless Lions [pregame and post game thread]

Reaction score
What the hell just happen??

When our starters turn that game over in the 2nd. half to Love and Co., that score should of been 28-0 in our favor.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I did, but have you watch the Dallas game??
Their on fire.
Yes, they’re on fire. I fail to see why that should have made me expect something different from the Packers than they have shown all year. Would I like to see it? yep. Did I expect it ? nope. Especially not in a game where the biggest goal was just to remain healthy.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Pretty much the game I expected...Lions try super hard to win, despite it costing them the #1 pick in the Draft. Packers go through the motions to stay healthy.

Anyone looking for more out of the Packers today, tuned in on the wrong week to finally watch the Packers.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty much the game I expected...Lions try super hard to win, despite it costing them the #1 pick in the Draft. Packers go through the motions to stay healthy.

Anyone looking for more out of the Packers today, tuned on the wrong week.
I actually thought the Lions might lay down at the end to get that pick… but the players on the field probably would want no part in that lol.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs-
Dillon, Patrick Taylor, Dean Dowry and no injuries!

Duds-
Savage, Amari Rodgers, Chandon Sullivan

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I have never seen such over reaction online and in here, to a Packer game that was as meaningless as this one. One would think the sky was falling.

Did people want the Packers to treat this as a must win game and risk injuries? They went into it with the mindset of coming out the otherside healthy and some game reps for starters, mission accomplished.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have never seen such over reaction online and in here, to a Packer game that was as meaningless as this one. One would think the sky was falling.

Did people want the Packers to treat this as a must win game and risk injuries? They went into it with the mindset of coming out the otherside healthy and some game reps for starters, mission accomplished.
That's not how MLF felt about this game. He said the defense just needs to do their damn jobs on those big plays. He also sited a play where the defense was designed to be double coverage but it was not. He was pissed today.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not how MLF felt about this game. He said the defense just needs to do their damn jobs on those big plays. He also sited a play where the defense was designed to be double coverage but it was not. He was pissed today.
Of course he said that, and of course he's right. They need to tighten up their defense in several areas. Some of their weaknesses were exposed. They are every game. How you learn for it, and adjust, makes the difference between losing a game, and winning it. But, when you play your substitutes with a limited play book for an entire half, you're not emphasizing the score as much as you the way each player does his job within the plays themselves. It's a training session, and it's a good one, because you find out just what those guys who are hanging around on the bench can bring to the game in two weeks if a regular goes down. That's what you're looking for today, and that's what your objective for the next two weeks will be. Prepare your team with the next man up philosophy to handle the playoffs. With Covid being a factor as to who dresses each week, and one team being down to (I think I heard) 45 players, you gotta be ready.

Credit to LeFleur for seeing this game in that light.

Reaction score
I swear there is a group of you fans that want the Packers to lose so you can strut around and say 'See.. I told ya'
Exactly what I get from several posters (posers) in Shoutbox. I 100% believe they would either want a particular player or even the team itself to fail. It just goes to show you how far pride (self beating of your chest) will take you.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
Don't you think MLF was holding back some plays today in preparing for the PO?

Also, have you ever seen the Packers try some "trick" plays like the Lions did today?

Reaction score
Of course he said that, and of course he's right. They need to tighten up their defense in several areas. Some of their weaknesses were exposed. They are every game. How you learn for it, and adjust, makes the difference between losing a game, and winning it. But, when you play your substitutes with a limited play book for an entire half, you're not emphasizing the score as much as you the way each player does his job within the plays themselves. It's a training session, and it's a good one, because you find out just what those guys who are hanging around on the bench can bring to the game in two weeks if a regular goes down. That's what you're looking for today, and that's what your objective for the next two weeks will be. Prepare your team with the next man up philosophy to handle the playoffs. With Covid being a factor as to who dresses each week, and one team being down to (I think I heard) 45 players, you gotta be ready.

Credit to LeFleur for seeing this game in that light.
Yes. I think you sacrifice/trade some short term accolades for the bigger picture success. Those that are short sighted see today as a major setback. I can 100% assure you MLF and his staff are not buying into that thinking.
I was elated to see David back in there. Not so much just for selfish desires of winning, but because I respect what this means for him personally. The speed of that games will go a long ways in building his confidence in his recovery.

I’m also not too concerned about this game. It was almost obvious how the D Secondary played “soft” coverage. Whoever thought we didn’t purposefully play vanilla flavored or that we gave 100% effort is kidding themselves.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. I think you sacrifice/trade some short term accolades for the bigger picture success. Those that are short sighted see today as a major setback. I can 100% assure you MLF and his staff are not buying into that thinking.
I was elated to see David back in there. Not so much just for selfish desires of winning, but because I respect what this means for him personally. The speed of that games will go a long ways in building his confidence in his recovery.

I’m also not too concerned about this game. It was almost obvious how the D Secondary played “soft” coverage. Whoever thought we didn’t purposefully play vanilla flavored or that we gave 100% effort is kidding themselves.
You could see it in Bakh's face on the sideline. All that hard work coming back from injury got him on the field. He has to be pumped. The nice part is that the re won't be a parade of guys on crutches entering the training room tomorrow.

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should be concerned and upset.

Overall, the Packers defense gave up 37 points and over 400 total yards despite playing most starters. The group did not have a takeaway. The Lions averaged 7.0 yards per play.

After going up 30-27, the Packers gave up a six-play, 75-yard scoring drive.

The Packers had three total turnovers and lost the turnover battle 3-0.

Kicker Mason Crosby missed an extra point.

37 poits to the Lions. Yeah, I'd be concenred about that D.

Members online

Latest posts