Game 17 -- here kitty kitty. Season ender vs hapless Lions [pregame and post game thread]

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I don't know about the speeds, just some of them when it came to height and weight. Some were still pretty big though. Not many were chiseled. Most had off season jobs, and had to improvise to stay in shape.
The players today definately have more time to focus on just football.
Was laughing @ "I read that somewhere so might be wrong"

Well I did a search for "All Decade Team of the 60's"

The site listed 3 guards and I think what you read is sort of correct. The heights are the same as some WR's but the Guards seem heavier, at least these 3. I would imagine todays players are a lot more muscular than those of the 60's as well.

Jerry Kramer: 6'3' 245#

Howard Mudd: 6' 2" 254#

Gene Hickerson: 6' 3" 248#

DK Metcalf is what I would call a "big WR" he is 6'3, mostly muscle but only weighs 228#
I think guys like Kramer, given today's knowledge of lifting and diet, would increase their weight closer to what today's lineman are like. Look at Joe Thomas when he retired. He said he stopped eating 6,000 calories a day and lost 50lbs. Kramer's build could have held up 40-50 more lbs.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't see eliminating preseason games but I can definitely see them dropping it to 2 if they want to add an 18th game to the regular season. I agree with Krabs on one point though I don't think more than a handful of players play themselves onto a team in the preseason games. The vast majority of your 53 man roster have cemented their spots in training camp. I do think it can help practice squad players immensely though.
they should cut the preseason to two games, add more padded practices allowed in training camp, and increase the size of the practice squad.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't Favre own the career interception record? Asking for a friend.
Yea....link to ranks but check out some noteworthy take aways on percentages and such I add below. https://www.footballdb.com/leaders/career-passing-interceptions

Favre averaged 1.11 interceptions per game in his career played. Few names on the list folks might recognize with close or worst: Testaverde 1.15, Unitas 1.20, Peyton Manning .94, Elway .97, Warren Moon 1.12, Bradshaw 1.25, Brees .85, Marino 1.04, Tarkenton 1.08

Favre threw a pick on 3.3% of his attempts...others are Elway 3.12%, Peyton Manning 2.68%, Elway 3.12%, Bradshaw 5.38%, Brees 2.3%, Marino 3.02%, Tarkenton 4.11%, Blanda 6.91%

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Favre threw a pick on 3.3% of his attempts...others are Elway 3.12%, Peyton Manning 2.68%, Elway 3.12%, Bradshaw 5.38%, Brees 2.3%, Marino 3.02%, Tarkenton 4.11%, Blanda 6.91%
Personally, I think this is the most important stat and the more telling one. Total picks or per game picks, just doesn't tell the whole story.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now here is a testament to some HIGHLY successful and yet efficient QBs we have in the league now even...

GamesCompAttempts% CompTDsINTsInt/AttemptsInt/GamesTDs/Game
Brady31772341128064%6212031.80%0.641.959
Rodgers2124637710065%447931.31%0.442.108

Amazing...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Now here is a testament to some HIGHLY successful and yet efficient QBs we have in the league now even...

GamesCompAttempts% CompTDsINTsInt/AttemptsInt/GamesTDs/Game
Brady31772341128064%6212031.80%0.641.959
Rodgers2124637710065%447931.31%0.442.108

Amazing...
If Rodgers plays as long as Brady (6 more seasons) and continues to play at or close to the same level that he is playing now, he is going to smash a lot of Records. That has to be in the back of Rodgers mind.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers plays as long as Brady (6 more seasons) and continues to play at or close to the same level that he is playing now, he is going to smash a lot of Records. That has to be in the back of Rodgers mind.
Definitely. Then again Brady could keep playing for a few more years at least. I think Brady is still chasing something or someone. Right now he's not even the King of Boston. Bill Russell is.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea....link to ranks but check out some noteworthy take aways on percentages and such I add below. https://www.footballdb.com/leaders/career-passing-interceptions

Favre averaged 1.11 interceptions per game in his career played. Few names on the list folks might recognize with close or worst: Testaverde 1.15, Unitas 1.20, Peyton Manning .94, Elway .97, Warren Moon 1.12, Bradshaw 1.25, Brees .85, Marino 1.04, Tarkenton 1.08

Its not fair that these players have all these career records just because they had longer careers. There should be an asterisk in the record books.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally a game I dont have to worry about a nail biting ending.

My liver and heart can rest for a bit.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally a game I dont have to worry about a nail biting ending.

My liver and heart can rest for a bit.
There's still a chance for such an ending. If it's all backups playingbthe 2nd half with a close halftime score, it could be a crazy entertaining game

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There's still a chance for such an ending. If it's all backups playingbthe 2nd half with a close halftime score, it could be a crazy entertaining game
I'm predicting a 52 yard Love to Winfree hail Mary with no time left to win it.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take that a step further with a nod to Chester Marcol. Crosby lines up for the kick, Bojo flubs the snap and flips it to Crosby who rumbles 66 yards for the game-winning touchdown.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take that a step further with a nod to Chester Marcol. Crosby lines up for the kick, Bojo flubs the snap and flips it to Crosby who rumbles 66 yards for the game-winning touchdown.
And gets a call from the league office saying he's been elected to the Pro Bowl. Unanimously voted in! ;)

formerlybis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is that starters will be limited if they play at all...The offence might look a lot like it did in the last eight minutes of the Viking game (Jordan Love, Patrick Taylor, Juwann Winfree, etc.)

And they could still win.
Going with the subs kind of makes it a fair fight. Detroit's current offensive *starters* are at that talent level.

It would be nice to see Love get some rhythm and have some success. I don't even care about winning.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

And gets a call from the league office saying he's been elected to the Pro Bowl. Unanimously voted in! ;)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You just gotta rattle cages to get the juices flowing for people. Until they're a little like the guy in your pic, there's not much to be happy about. It's like my old Pappy used to say; "Leave them wonderin' what the hell you just did to them!"

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You just gotta rattle cages to get the juices flowing for people. Until they're a little like the guy in your pic, there's not much to be happy about. It's like my old Pappy used to say; "Leave them wonderin' what the hell you just did to them!" <---------- You do know I made that up. My Dad never said that. He would actually have asked me; "What the hell is wrong with you? Why do you keep poking the bear!"

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You just gotta rattle cages to get the juices flowing for people. Until they're a little like the guy in your pic, there's not much to be happy about. It's like my old Pappy used to say; "Leave them wonderin' what the hell you just did to them!"
I hope CaptainWimm finds it funny.....since that was what it was meant to be. The Crosby topic is kind of a running joke between him and I, since its really something we are unusually polar opposite in opinion on.

I normally won't poke fun of someone that I don't respect or haven't established good chemistry with.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope CaptainWimm finds it funny.....since that was what it was meant to be. The Crosby topic is kind of a running joke between him and I, since its really something we are unusually polar opposite in opinion on.

I normally won't poke fun of someone that I don't respect or haven't established good chemistry with.
IF a person doesn't have a good sense of humor, and enjoy ribbing each other, why in hell would they even bother to be out here? I think he's got a good sense of humor, after reading a lot of his responses. I will say this also. A person better not just shoot something out here without supporting evidence, because he's gonna blow you straight out of the water with information, and facts. Sometimes the data can be construed in more than one way, which is where differences occur.

Members online

Latest posts