Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say HSV from your report, are the German equivalent of Everton. A club with a great history and great teams but for years sleeping giants. Indeed hope dies last, being a Scotland fan i know what you mean. ;)

Yepp, what else can I do ?
I fell "in love" with Hamburg when I was a little boy and I have to live with my team until I die, doesnt matter if there will be another title or not. ;)
Year after year I am thinking about cancelling my season tickets. You know what? Today I renewed my tickets for another season. Its hopeless :rolleyes::D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yepp, what else can I do ?
I fell "in love" with Hamburg when I was a little boy and I have to live with my team until I die, doesnt matter if there will be another title or not. ;)
Year after year I am thinking about cancelling my season tickets. You know what? Today I renewed my tickets for another season. Its hopeless :rolleyes::D

You will never do it though, although at times you might have wanted to. You wouldn't know what to do with yourself if you did. Btw i like the final shirt design, :) something of the Kevin Keegan era about it. Should have had red trimmings no? :cautious:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Lets talk again after the Champions Leage final :sneaky::p

Et tu Brute? Why is everybody so convinced this Bayern team is the same as the one that lost last year? Even Dortmund is swaggering around like they've already won. Bayern by at least 2 goals. :sneaky:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Et tu Brute? Why is everybody so convinced this Bayern team is the same as the one that lost last year? Even Dortmund is swaggering around like they've already won. Bayern by at least 2 goals. :sneaky:

Its the phoney war before the main event don't take it to heart, history can repeat itself but not always. Its a year on and a different place and game, but im sure Bayern are aware of the mistakes they made last year. Confidence is one thing over confidence is another, those on both sides walking about with an arrogant swagger are i think hiding the fact that they are a little bit fearful. Klopps speil being an example.

I hope its a good game and Dortmund win, just for the simple fact they are the underdogs. ;) But if they don't ill be one of the first to congratulate your team.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ah c'mon, just teasing a Bayern fan....... ;):D
On the one hand I expect a Bayern win because Bayern never had a better team and Dortmund had an up-and-down season. On the other hand we all know everything is possible when you have reached a final.
Will be an exciting football evening next Saturday, can you guys watch it? Is it aired on free-TV ?

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ah c'mon, just teasing a Bayern fan....... ;):D
On the one hand I expect a Bayern win because Bayern never had a better team and Dortmund had an up-and-down season. On the other hand we all know everything is possible when you have reached a final.
Will be an exciting football evening next Saturday, can you guys watch it? Is it aired on free-TV ?

The final is always shown on free for view in the UK luckily, and ill be watching it live unlike last season couldn't do it too stressful because of 2008. I did however see the whole game after, the only thing i dislike about it is that its played on a Saturday now. That's just wrong, should be a weekday Wednesday like it always was.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ok, help me understand how it works. Next season will Berlin and Braunschweig move up to replace the relegated teams?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ok, help me understand how it works. Next season will Berlin and Braunschweig move up to replace the relegated teams?

Depending on country and league, its for the most part two teams up two down. Or three up three down with relegation/promotion.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yepp and Hoffenheim (16 th place, 1. Bundesliga) has to play Kaiserslautern ( 3rdplace, 2. Bundesliga) for the remaining place.
There will be two games, a first and a return leg as you know it from the CL semi finals for example.

I am really mad about Dortmund because by losing against Hoffenheim they give them a chance to stay in
Bundesliga, thats annoying :mad:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
On Thursday "Bundes-Jogi" Low nominated the team for the US trip, to be honest - its a joke though it couldnt be expected that Bayern and Dortmund are playing the Champions League final.
http://www.dfb.de/news/en/e-national-team-men/loew-nominates-team-for-us-trip/43225.html

Aaron Hunt, Dennis Aogo, Kevin Großkreutz..... omg :rolleyes::D

Anyway, I hope you still enjoy your trip to Washington, Croak ;)
I will watch on TV.....

Well, D.C. isn't too far from where I live (2 hrs). So we'll have a good time anyway. Let's face it. They could field a team of Bundesliga 2 players against the U.S. and still win handily.

I'm torn between wearing my Bayern jersey or my Germany world cup shirt. My boy is going to wear his Klose jersey.

If they play the German anthem, I may even sing along; "Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit..." (I love Germany, but I could never get my Scots/Irish wife to move there.)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, D.C. isn't too far from where I live (2 hrs). So we'll have a good time anyway. Let's face it. They could field a team of Bundesliga 2 players against the U.S. and still win handily.

I'm torn between wearing my Bayern jersey or my Germany world cup shirt. My boy is going to wear his Klose jersey.

If they play the German anthem, I may even sing along; "Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit..." (I love Germany, but I could never get my Scots/Irish wife to move there.)

Sounds good ! :tup:

Would be an easy decision for me , grab your world cup shirt ;)
And good choice by your son - Klose will be playing ! They expect him to join the team in Washington, but he will miss the first game against Ecuador.

An American singing the German anthem, funny :eek:;)
Did you know that singing the National anthem is still something where many Germans feel uncomfortable though its getting better nowadays ?
Its all beause of our history.

I'm deeply impressed about Americans singing their anthem like I have experienced it twice at Lambeau Field, including military flyovers.
Just saying WOW, got goosebumps watching it..... ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Sounds good ! :tup:

Would be an easy decision for me , grab your world cup shirt ;)
And good choice by your son - Klose will be playing ! They expect him to join the team in Washington, but he will miss the first game against Ecuador.

An American singing the German anthem, funny :eek:;)
Did you know that singing the National anthem is still something where many Germans feel uncomfortable though its getting better nowadays ?
Its all beause of our history.

I'm deeply impressed about Americans singing their anthem like I have experienced it twice at Lambeau Field, including military flyovers.
Just saying WOW, got goosebumps watching it..... ;)

I understand the concerns about that in historical terms, but that's nothing to do with modern Germany. You should be and no doubt are proud for what it is now and not about what went on generations ago. For whats its worth i've always liked it.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand the concerns about that in historical terms, but that's nothing to do with modern Germany. You should be and no doubt are proud for what it is now and not about what went on generations ago. For whats its worth i've always liked it.

Of course not, you are right but because of our history patriotism is still eyed critically, inside and outside of our country. Very sensitive topic.
Anyway, I feel quite comfortable with being German ;)

Strange things are going on in Hamburg - looks like they have fired Frank Arnesen.
I will post a new link as soon as I found an english article.....
http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/frank-arnesen/hsv-feuert-den-sportchef-30499592.bild.html

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Of course not, you are right but because of our history patriotism is still eyed critically, inside and outside of our country. Very sensitive topic.

Strange things are going on in Hamburg - looks like they have fired. Frank Arnesen
http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/frank-arnesen/hsv-feuert-den-sportchef-30499592.bild.html

Right i get you. Absolutely so you should be. :)

Wow whats going on there? Frank Arnesen is quality that's a pity. :(

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right i get you. Absolutely so you should be. :)

Wow whats going on there? Frank Arnesen is quality that's a pity. :(

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...eports?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5739#

Its a shame.
It came out that obviously nobody talked with Arnesen so far. So it seems that all he knows is what he can read, watch or hear in German media.
Tomorrow will be a press conference, I wonder if they have at least found a successor before they decided to sack him. But I have my doubts. :rolleyes:

Edit: Now its official, HSV just published a press release....

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Strange things are going on in Hamburg - looks like they have fired Frank Arnesen.

I noticed that when I used to have my meetings in Berlin. My German friends were very pointed in explaining that they are trying to live down their history. I also spoke to a retired Judge in the Rhine Valley who used to be a **** and he told me, very sadly, don't be too quick to judge us. All we were taught as children is that the **** way is the only way. I kind of felt bad for the old guy. I can't imagine being a kid and growing up so brainwashed.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...eports?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5739#

Its a shame.
It came out that obviously nobody talked with Arnesen so far. So it seems that all he knows is what he can read, watch or hear in German media.
Tomorrow will be a press conference, I wonder if they have at least found a successor before they decided to sack him. But I have my doubts. :rolleyes:

Edit: Now its official, HSV just published a press release....

Stability is a major factor in a winning team the Abramovich model is the exception that proves the rule. ( Not the way to run a Post Office.) ;) Hopefully they get someone of high caliber as a replacement.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I noticed that when I used to have my meetings in Berlin. My German friends were very pointed in explaining that they are trying to live down their history. I also spoke to a retired Judge in the Rhine Valley who used to be a **** and he told me, very sadly, don't be too quick to judge us. All we were taught as children is that the **** way is the only way. I kind of felt bad for the old guy. I can't imagine being a kid and growing up so brainwashed.

We don't know how lucky we are that we are free of all of that in the countrys we live in. State brainwashing is still happening in the world though of one kind or another. One day mankind will learn, i hope.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, we shouldnt judge too quickly.
But we shouldnt stop to ask why something like this could happen in a country that was well known as the land of poets and thinkers. Thats the obligation for my generation and all future generations.

Anyway - halftime, Hoffenheim leads 2-0 against Kaiserslautern and I am really frustrated and still mad about BVB, looks like Hoffenheim has a good chance to remain in the first tier :rolleyes: I cant stand it :mad:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, we shouldnt judge too quickly.
But we shouldnt stop to ask why something like this could happen in a country that was well known as the land of poets and thinkers. Thats the obligation for my generation and all future generations.

Anyway - halftime, Hoffenheim leads 2-0 against Kaiserslautern and I am really frustrated and still mad about BVB, looks like Hoffenheim has a good chance to remain in the first tier :rolleyes: I cant stand it :mad:

Exactly nessie, Germany was one of the most advanced sophisticated world society's at the time. If it can happen there it could potentially happen anywhere, madness is not the property specific to a particular nation. And we all know the guy responsible for it all wasn't even born in Germany. Anyway that's enough on the subject from me you'll be glad to hear! ;)

Crud looks like they are staying up bah! :tdown:

Germany and Wembley.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22641061

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly nessie, Germany was one of the most advanced sophisticated world society's at the time. If it can happen there it could potentially happen anywhere, madness is not the property specific to a particular nation. And we all know the guy responsible for it all wasn't even born in Germany. Anyway that's enough on the subject from me you'll be glad to hear! ;)

Crud looks like they are staying up bah! :tdown:

Germany and Wembley.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22641061

Very interesting article. :)
Overall Wembley seems to be a good place for German teams, despite the 66 World Cup loss.

Btw- my colleague won two tickets for the Champions League final at the UEFA ticket lottery.
He is leaving tomorrow morning by car, and he is so excited that he got tickets. Lucky guy ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Very interesting article. :)
Overall Wembley seems to be a good place for German teams, despite the 66 World Cup loss.

Btw- my colleague won two tickets for the Champions League final at the UEFA ticket lottery.
He is leaving tomorrow morning by car, and he is so excited that he got tickets. Lucky guy ;)

Euro 96 was a bitter sweet Tourney for Scotland back in the days we reached finals, we should have reached the second round but England let the Dutch score in the last group game and we were out on goal difference. I was totally supporting Germany in that semi, just for revenge. Delighted. :D

Cool good luck to him, hope he enjoys London and the Game!

Members online

Latest posts