Fußball-Bundesliga

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, so I'm going to the Germany National vs. U.S. National game at RFK stadium in Washington D.C. on June 2. Bayern and Dortmund are playing the Champions League final on the 25th of May, and Bayern is in the Pokal on June 1, right? So how is Germany going to field a team against U.S. Most of the national team is comprised of Bayern and Dortmund. :sneaky:
Agree with PackerFan71, most players of Bayern Munich obviously wont play, but Goetze, Hummels from Borussia Dortmund should be available and maybe will have some playing time.
I hope you will enjoy the game anyway. :)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Just started an new game with Tottenham. Way more money to spend now :tup:;)

Im not sure if the German Bundesliga is the best league in Europe but arguably its financially the most healthy league and proves that success is possible without astronomical debts like in Spain or England.
As a Hamburg fan I dont care who wins the final, its like chosing between the devil and the deep blue see but at least a German team will win and thats awesome.:tup:
But my pick would be Bayern, they are the best team this year and difficult to beat at the moment.

Nice to have some 'lolly' Bale is frightening with his pace on the wing, although he doesn't dive as much as does in real life.;) For me the Bundesliga has got its house in order and the product is pretty good value for money, i'm easily pleased. :)

I know what you mean it would be like Man U playing Citeh in the final who cares! :rolleyes: Bayern are hot favourites to win it will be interesting to see if they avoid the jitters at the last hurdle this year, as i said before i'm going for Dortmund just because they are the underdogs.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice to have some 'lolly' Bale is frightening with his pace on the wing, although he doesn't dive as much as does in real life.;) For me the Bundesliga has got its house in order and the product is pretty good value for money, i'm easily pleased. :)

I know what you mean it would be like Man U playing Citeh in the final who cares! :rolleyes: Bayern are hot favourites to win it will be interesting to see if they avoid the jitters at the last hurdle this year, as i said before i'm going for Dortmund just because they are the underdogs.

As you know I dont like divers, I will sell him as soon as possible. :mad::D
Tried to sign Lewandowski and placed a bid - ridiculous, they demand too much money for him, I have to look for alternatives.
Unfortunately I cant play the 3D version because my graphic card is a little bit too slow (Macbook Air). :(

Yepp, I couldnt care less but I guess thats how most of us football fans feel if its not the own team who is playing the Champions League Final. ;)
But I am sure Croak will have an exciting evening (or afternoon in the US) when watching the game. :)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
That game between Dortmund and Bayern was a joke. The official might as well have been wearing black and yellow and Bayern played their "B" team against all but 4 of Dortmund's "A" team. I'm satisfied with a tie in this one. But I'm ticked with how much Dortmund dived and got away with, while Bayern got whistled for every little thing.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
As you know I dont like divers, I will sell him as soon as possible. :mad::D
Tried to sign Lewandowski and placed a bid - ridiculous, they demand too much money for him, I have to look for alternatives.
Unfortunately I cant play the 3D version because my graphic card is a little bit too slow (Macbook Air). :(

Yepp, I couldnt care less but I guess thats how most of us football fans feel if its not the own team who is playing the Champions League Final. ;)
But I am sure Croak will have an exciting evening (or afternoon in the US) when watching the game. :)

Ha i couldn't blame you not a fan either. Some of the figures for players are really silly yet when they try to sign your players they offer hardly anything.:mad: Thats a pain for me thats 10% of the game.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although its not confirmed yet it looks like this will be our new home jersey 13/14.
I'm not sure if I like it... ?:cautious:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Although its not confirmed yet it looks like this will be our new home jersey 13/14.
I'm not sure if I like it... ?:cautious:

Mmmm a bit plain not much red either, looks a bit like a training shirt.:cautious:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bayern unveiled their new shirt....:unsure:. Except for the little words "Mia San Mia" printed on the back of the shirt, I don't see any difference from this years.

Rafinha suspended for the last two games. Hey Pep! Send him packing. We don't need any loose cannons on the team.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bayern unveiled their new shirt....:unsure:. Except for the little words "Mia San Mia" printed on the back of the shirt, I don't see any difference from this years.

Rafinha suspended for the last two games. Hey Pep! Send him packing. We don't need any loose cannons on the team.

Hmmm, what do you think of the new away shirt ? :cautious: Looks like a polo shirt, doesnt it ? :confused:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

I knew id seen that shirt somewhere before.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

Memories.........:laugh: who knows one day it might be you.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
HA! The video you posted is blocked in the U.S.

No matter, Queen Wembley 86' Under pressure. What is it with you guys? i don't think they are about to corrupt the morality of the nation. Its harmless. :confused::roflmao:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
No matter, Queen Wembley 86' Under pressure. What is it with you guys? i don't think they are about to corrupt the morality of the nation. Its harmless. :confused::roflmao:

Stupid copyright restrictions...

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm just learning how big some of these guys are in soccer. 7 of 11 guys on Bayern's starting lineup are 6 ft tall or more. Three of them are around 6' 6" if you count Gomez. No wonder Messi and company couldn't compete on the set pieces. One doesn't often think of soccer players as big men, but some of them are very big.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I'm just learning how big some of these guys are in soccer. 7 of 11 guys on Bayern's starting lineup are 6 ft tall or more. Three of them are around 6' 6" if you count Gomez. No wonder Messi and company couldn't compete on the set pieces. One doesn't often think of soccer players as big men, but some of them are very big.

Size is not everything and its a bit deceiving, some of those men mountains may be giants but they can be soft as butter. But smaller players such as Roy Keane and Dennis Wise were as hard as the proverbial nails. Big center halves/forwards usually have weaknesses and they are speed and intelligence. But having said that its reassuring to have big players in the team i must admit.

Japp Stam, for a period of time imho the best defender in the world. Without him ManU would not have won their 2nd Champions League. :eek: Scary, Big, Fast.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Size is not everything and its a bit deceiving, some of those men mountains may be giants but they can be soft as butter. But smaller players such as Roy Keane and Dennis Wise were as hard as the proverbial nails. Big center halves/forwards usually have weaknesses and they are speed and intelligence. But having said that its reassuring to have big players in the team i must admit.

Japp Stam, for a period of time imho the best defender in the world. Without him ManU would not have won their 2nd Champions League. :eek: Scary, Big, Fast.

Yepp, thats what I thought - but they recently published a research study in a US science magazine where the proved that size matters ! But I guess thats another topic :eek::D

Jaap Stam was a beast, what a player and one of the very few Dutch world class defenders.

I think it still depends on the position, centre-backs like Japp Stam were and still are tall guys. But nowadays they can play football as well, just think of Sergio Ramos or Gerard Piqué, Mats Hummels or Holger Badstuber to name two German players.
For wingbacks for example speed and technical skills are more important than size.
To me another reason why players are getting taller is just beause everybody is getting taller.
Im 1,78m (5''10), quite average for my generation, but look at these teenagers nowadays, they are all at least 6''1 or taller and wearing shoes with size 9 1/2 and even larger :eek::D

Members online

Latest posts