Fußball-Bundesliga

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
That was going to be the case unless one or the other managed three goals. No away goals rule in the relegation ties... so I would say the Fuerth has worked themselves the slight advantage of their fate now being decided at home.

Actually the announcer is saying now that the "Away" goals rule is in effect. With Hamburg up 0:1, Fuerth need to win.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Actually the announcer is saying now that the "Away" goals rule is in effect. With Hamburg up 0:1, Fuerth need to win.

I guess I was wrong about that. The English FA does not apply the away goals rule. Something told me the DFB was the same.

---
I should have checked.

http://www.dfb.de/index.php?id=82917

Beim Relegationsspiel gilt die aus dem Europapokal bekannte Auswärtstorregel, wonach auswärts erzielte Tore bei Gleichstand im Gesamtergebnis mehr zählen, als zu Hause erzielte Treffer.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Now HSV have survived i hope they manage to put through those reforms over the summer and help push the Football Club up where it should be. :tup:

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Btw - 20.000 people were watching the game at the Hamburg stadium. :tup:

I am very happy for you sir. If the Man City captain wants you to win, who am I to disagree? :D

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

As much as it is vogue to cheer for the little guys, it is painful to see the demise of the "Traditionsvereine". I have witnessed a lot of pain amongst the 1.FC Koeln faithful. I just wonder sometimes if the beer showers they treat themselves to for winning the 2. Liga are better for the soul than being a perpetual punching bag in the 1. Liga.

Fuerth managed to score only one goal against the most porous defense in the Bundesliga. They did everything right except for cashing in on their chances. It is the typical plight of the Farhstuhlmannschaften. They are good clubs, but they just don't score enough to maintain a place in the Bundesliga. HSV is safe. Their problems remain.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am very happy for you sir. If the Man City captain wants you to win, who am I to disagree? :D

As much as it is vogue to cheer for the little guys, it is painful to see the demise of the "Traditionsvereine". I have witnessed a lot of pain amongst the 1.FC Koeln faithful. I just wonder sometimes if the beer showers they treat themselves to for winning the 2. Liga are better for the soul than being a perpetual punching bag in the 1. Liga.

Fuerth managed to score only one goal against the most porous defense in the Bundesliga. They did everything right except for cashing in on their chances. It is the typical plight of the Farhstuhlmannschaften. They are good clubs, but they just don't score enough to maintain a place in the Bundesliga. HSV is safe. Their problems remain.

Nice to see that Vince Kompany still cares for his former team ! :tup:
We had a lot of discussion about this among HSV fans as well, if the 2.Liga might be better for us than playing at the bottom of the 1. Bundesliga.
Most of us, me included, dont think that this is the right way for a team like HSV.
Just imagine the financial problems you'll have when playing 2. Bundesliga.
As you said, problems remain and the first step into a better future has to be taken next Sunday. We need a professional management and we have to get rid of people who are only interested in making politics for their own ends.
This Sunday will be at least as important as the Fuerth game ! And a 75 % vote is difficult to get, I expect the short election campaign will start today.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Looks like another "Bavarian discount"

Well, according to ESPN, Hummels was off sides on that play anyway. Still wish I could have seen the games this weekend.
But, I'm not home yet. Maybe I'll be able to catch up with replays later this week.

And congrats to Nessie! They'll turn things around yet.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

What an ending to the Darmstadt-Bielefeld game. Darmstadt to the 2.Liga!!!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Silly season is here!! Reports are coming out that Man U is offering in excess of 30 million each for Arjen Robben and Toni Kroos. This could get interesting.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Silly season is here!! Reports are coming out that Man U is offering in excess of 30 million each for Arjen Robben and Toni Kroos. This could get interesting.

Robben going there is a possibilty i know of that one.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

What an ending to the Darmstadt-Bielefeld game. Darmstadt to the 2.Liga!!!

There's a weird connection to the Kickers here. Last season before Xmas with us languishing in 20th place, Dirk Schuster the coach was let go and picked up by Darmstadt. Whether of not we were to be relegated back to the Regionalliga came down to the last match. We needed a draw. Our opponent? Darmstadt.

It ends 1-1. We are saved and they are relegated. But no! Offenbach loses their license and Darmstadt stays in the 3. Liga. But the appeals take six weeks. They cannot prepare for the new season not knowing in which division they are going to play in.

So now they leave us standing in the dust with the manager we fired. Weird. I don't begrudge them their good fortune though.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/sport/fu...werden-schnell-wieder-demuetige-12949141.html

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
There's a weird connection to the Kickers here. Last season before Xmas with us languishing in 20th place, Dirk Schuster the coach was let go and picked up by Darmstadt. Whether of not we were to be relegated back to the Regionalliga came down to the last match. We needed a draw. Our opponent? Darmstadt.

It ends 1-1. We are saved and they are relegated. But no! Offenbach loses their license and Darmstadt stays in the 3. Liga. But the appeals take six weeks. They cannot prepare for the new season not knowing in which division they are going to play in.

So now they leave us standing in the dust with the manager we fired. Weird. I don't begrudge them their good fortune though.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/sport/fu...werden-schnell-wieder-demuetige-12949141.html

Wow, that is quite interesting. I remember they were saved because of the lost license, but I don't remember them being your last opponent last season.