Fußball-Bundesliga

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
It's official...Julian Green to Stuttgart. I really didn't expect this since he was seeing more time under Ancellotti.

Hope he gets a lot of time on the pitch. If he does its a good move for him.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ok, I expected the Bayern v Leipzig match to be closer than this. I can't believe Forsberg took down Lahm like that. I assume the red card was because Lahm was in the open on a fast break. The commentator said it was a "rather cynical foul". I've heard him use that term before. What exactly does he mean by "cynical"? Is he trying to say "selfish"?

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Ok, I expected the Bayern v Leipzig match to be closer than this. I can't believe Forsberg took down Lahm like that. I assume the red card was because Lahm was in the open on a fast break. The commentator said it was a "rather cynical foul". I've heard him use that term before. What exactly does he mean by "cynical"? Is he trying to say "selfish"?

A cynical foul is also sometimes known as a "tactical foul". It is when a foul is made with no intention to win the ball but only for tactical reasons – break up opposition players' rhythm, intimidate the opposition, stop a counter-attack etc.

https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-mean-when-a-soccer-foul-is-cynical

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
That was a pretty terrible tackle. I was surprised at the straight red, but it looked like he asked the opinion of the linesman who had a clear view, then bumped it up to red. I respect that.

Bayern clearly dominated the game though, even before the red card.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
What's a decent english language news site for bundesliga news?

I go to espnfc.us, but they almost entirely ignore the bundesliga. Most other leagues didn't have games today and almost zero mention of Bundesliga even so. Tired of having to scroll through to find a story or two way down the news feed.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Whoa just saw Monchengladbach fired Schuburt.

How many coaches is that fired so far this season? Seems like it has been a lot.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

I think it was straight red because he attacked Lahm from straight behind... not even close to being from the side and getting a glance on the ball. He had no chance of even touching the ball. It was a bad foul on the heel which is deserving of the straight red.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
What's a decent english language news site for bundesliga news?

I go to espnfc.us, but they almost entirely ignore the bundesliga. Most other leagues didn't have games today and almost zero mention of Bundesliga even so. Tired of having to scroll through to find a story or two way down the news feed.

goal.com, http://www.fourfourtwo.com/ , http://www.sbnation.com/soccer , There was another good one I stumbled upon, but I can't for the life of me, think of it right now. When it comes to me, I'll let you know.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa just saw Monchengladbach fired Schuburt.

How many coaches is that fired so far this season? Seems like it has been a lot.
Seven. Thats definitely a record as much as I know, especially because only half of the season is played. In comparison - we had 7 fired coaches for the entire season last year.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Bayern twitter takes a hilarious dig at Red Bull Leipzig

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Badstuber to Schalke leaves me feeling melancholy....:(

It's just a 6 month loan to get him some playing time and back into form. Reports are already out that he has a verbal agreement for an extension with Bayern.

Smart move all around IMO

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Here's the money quotes, straight from the boss Carlo

"Earlier, speaking from Bayern's winter training camp in Doha, Bayern boss Carlo Ancelotti said any move away from Munich would not be permanent.

"I said if he decided to leave because he wanted to play we can deal with it for six months," said the Italian.

"We can speak about this with him. There is no chance he will be sold. The idea of the club is to renew the contract. If he wants to go to play it will be to go on loan.""

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...n-holger-badstuber-on-loan-from-bayern-munich

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's just a 6 month loan to get him some playing time and back into form. Reports are already out that he has a verbal agreement for an extension with Bayern.

Smart move all around IMO
Might be a good move but I have my doubt that Badstuber stays healthy. :cautious:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Niklas Sule joining Bayern from Hoffenheim.

There's your Badstuber replacement. I'm cool with it, Sule will bring some much needed speed to the back line.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts