Fußball-Bundesliga

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I believe pretty much everyone in this thread is having a good weekend.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Rumors are getting hot about Hummels making a move to Bayern Munich over the summer.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumors are getting hot about Hummels making a move to Bayern Munich over the summer.
I think he's not going to sign a new contract with Dortmund. He's 27 and if he wants to play at another top club he needs to do it now. And as the contract expires 2017 it's the last chance for BVB to sell him.
German media says that Bayern offers a 4 year, 10m per year contract. And a 30 m Euros transfer fee for Dortmund.
I think only an EPL team can offer more. Let's see where he will land but I'm sure it's not bold to predict that this season has been his last with Dortmund.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I think he's not going to sign a new contract with Dortmund. He's 27 and if he wants to play at another top club he needs to do it now. And as the contract expires 2017 it's the last chance for BVB to sell him.
German media says that Bayern offers a 4 year, 10m per year contract. And a 30 m Euros transfer fee for Dortmund.
I think only an EPL team can offer more. Let's see where he will land but I'm sure it's not bold to predict that this season has been his last with Dortmund.
It does seem like he has made up his mind to play elsewhere. Not sure what happened, but it seems pretty clear he wants to move on.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Would be nice if the better German teams could hang on to their talented players for a change instead of being feeder teams for the big beasts, the league would be slightly more competitive and enjoyable for all. BTW (before the flack) this is not bashing a certain club.........it happens in other countrys too, the grass is not always greener and going stale in the reserves is a possibility when first team football should be their main concern other than the vastly expanded bank balance.

Last edited:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Would be nice if the better German teams could hang on to their talented players for a change instead of being feeder teams for the big beasts, the league would be slightly more competitive and enjoyable for all. BTW (before the flack) this is not bashing a certain club.........it happens in other countrys too, the grass is not always greener and going stale in the reserves is a possibility when first team football should be their main concern other than the vastly expanded bank balance.

I agree. As a Bayern fan, I'd be happy to have Hummels. But from a competitive standpoint, I'd rather he stay with Dortmund. Even better, go to one of the mid-level teams.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I agree. As a Bayern fan, I'd be happy to have Hummels. But from a competitive standpoint, I'd rather he stay with Dortmund. Even better, go to one of the mid-level teams.
It's like a "Catch 22". The players want to go where there is big money and they can win trophies. The teams that have big money and win trophies keep attracting those players away from other squads. So the other squads are stuck. I don't like it either.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its official, BVB has announced that Hummels wants to move on and join Bayern.
What I find quite interesting is the fact that they need to make it public because they're a plc.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Its official, BVB has announced that Hummels wants to move on and join Bayern.
What I find quite interesting is the fact that they need to make it public because they're a plc.

Yeah the public trading transparency issue is kind of funny

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think the highligh of this Bundedliga season for me has been watching Pulisic do so well. I recently found out that some of my old High School classmates are friends with his parents. Even though he plays for BVB, its neat to see local Pennsylvania talent shine in the Bundesliga. :tup:

Members online

Latest posts