Free Agency Theory

Reaction score
I love this notion that somehow our team has a ton of holes to fill. No, we really don't. We need someone on the defensive line who can help bring pressure, and an outside linebacker who can get to the quarterback. For all we know, those guys may already be on the roster. Only time, OTA's and training camp will tell. Oh, and depending on Nick Collins, we might need a new safety. That's it. Two holes to fill, maybe three. Since that's not a lot of holes to fill, I see no reason why we can't fill them through the draft.
You are strictly thinking starters. We have bad depth on the d line and at Ot. Plus we need a center to groom under Saturday. We need at least 2 d linemen in the draft. This is 3 more needs the packers have that u didn't list.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Let's face it, this front seven needs a lot more than competition...they need a serious infusion of talent.

I was actually kind of liking the idea of getting Hargrove, then trading up for a guy like Fletcher Cox. That would give us CM3, Raji, Hargrove and Cox in passing situations. I know it's not the ideal 3-4 ...but I think that combo could bring the heat! (though not looking like Hargrove is happening)
Hargrove. That just happened.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
har
Let's face it, this front seven needs a lot more than competition...they need a serious infusion of talent.

I was actually kind of liking the idea of getting Hargrove, then trading up for a guy like Fletcher Cox. That would give us CM3, Raji, Hargrove and Cox in passing situations. I know it's not the ideal 3-4 ...but I think that combo could bring the heat! (though not looking like Hargrove is happening)
Hargrove. That just happened.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted signing free agents this year is a perfect storm. I suspect he is willing to sign just about any free agent, but they must meet three important criteria.

1) Fit a Feed
2) Pass the Acceptance Test (whatever that is)
3) Sign for a price that Ted finds acceptable and not a penny more

For whatever reason, there is a bigger pool of players that meet all three this year.

Members online

Latest posts