Free Agency: Packers Should Green Bay Pursue?

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Ok lets get back to the original point. Please tell me and everyone else why you feel we need to spend high draft picks to shore up the CB position in this draft.

I will tell you why I feel that the Packers need to use significant resources on the cornerback position this off-season.

One is that outside of Alexander and King, there are currently no reliable, tested options on the roster for 2020. Tramon Williams is an unsigned free agent. Josh Jackson hasn't proven anything except that he isn't good. Chandon Sullivan played fine, but in a very specific dime/quarters role, leaving questions about whether he could replace Williams. Kadar Hollman barely played as a rookie 6th round pick.

On top of all that, one of the two starters, King, is inconsistent on the field, oft injured, and in a contract year.

So as it currently stands, the Packers have a definite need at CB3 (a 75% position) and the strong possibility of a need at a starting spot in 2021.

They could possibly resign Tramon, but that would be a pretty significant use of resources, as I doubt he'd be cheaper than he was last time around. If they do that, they still need to add a corner at least by the middle rounds.

If they don't resign Tramon, and they don't add some other veteran FA, then corner becomes a huge need-- one that could easily merit the 30th overall picl.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok lets get back to the original point. Please tell me and everyone else why you feel we need to spend high draft picks to shore up the CB position in this draft. Oh what is that? You weren't in that conversation, nor held that position to start with. Oh, you just decided to jump in and attack me personally for no other reason than to attack me personally. That is what I thought.
Sure thing LOL

It's back there for everyone to read, if you'd like I can quote it for you again. and like I said, quit playing the victim, it's not very fitting.

Jason Edens

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure thing LOL

It's back there for everyone to read, if you'd like I can quote it for you again. and like I said, quit playing the victim, it's not very fitting.

Once again you refuse to back up your posts. Quit attacking me. Find another hobby. Either put up or shut up *****. I requested for you to back up your posts a number of times and you keep saying it is back there for everyone to read. Just post it you *****.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again you refuse to back up your posts. Quit attacking me. Find another hobby. Either put up or shut up *****. I requested for you to back up your posts a number of times and you keep saying it is back there for everyone to read. Just post it you *****.
And you accuse others of being too lazy lol.

quit playing a victim

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

@Mondio is one of the best posters on this forum and he's proven as much over a long period of time. He's clearly not impressed with your ideas, and he's made that clear, but YOU are the one attacking him. You've laced most of your replies to him with vitriol and expletives and he hasn't responded in kind. He's proven to be a quality contributor with some self control, while you've proven in a short amount of time to be someone who uses highly questionable logic and throws some serious tantrums.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quit trolling me. You lose troll.
Last time you accused me of something I went back and quoted exactly what I said, and still you obfuscate the words right in front of you. Fool me once...

anyway Dante’s said all that needs to be said on the subject.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last time you accused me of something I went back and quoted exactly what I said, and still you obfuscate the words right in front of you. Fool me once...

anyway GleefulGary said all that needs to be said on the subject.

FIFY

Jason Edens

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Jason is trolling here. It's really the only logical conclusion.

You win. It is the only logical conclusion when you are an idiot that believes that the biggest need for the Green Bay Packers is another CB. I trollled you all, because it is clear that since we haven't hit on CB for 6 years straight that means we need to keep drafting CB. That is the only logical conclusion. Keep drafting CB.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You win. It is the only logical conclusion when you are an idiot that believes that the biggest need for the Green Bay Packers is another CB. I trollled you all, because it is clear that since we haven't hit on CB for 6 years straight that means we need to keep drafting CB. That is the only logical conclusion. Keep drafting CB.

Thanks for your quality observation Jason! This idiot thinks you're quite smart.

Jason Edens

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Mondio is one of the best posters on this forum and he's proven as much over a long period of time. He's clearly not impressed with your ideas, and he's made that clear, but YOU are the one attacking him. You've laced most of your replies to him with vitriol and expletives and he hasn't responded in kind. He's proven to be a quality contributor with some self control, while you've proven in a short amount of time to be someone who uses highly questionable logic and throws some serious tantrums.

When you are finished sucking his **** let us know. And where are you on the CB is the biggest need for GB debate? You all can attack me all you want. You are wrong. And your **** is wrong too.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably my passive aggressive charm that won him over.

but seriously, keep your fantasies out of it.

Jason Edens

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably my passive aggressive charm that won him over.

but seriously, keep your fantasies out of it.

No you have a **** sucker sucking your **** here. I am new here and didn't know I had to suck on your **** before other posters would take me seriously big daddy. Obviously I was wrong and CB is the biggest need for the Packers in the offseason. ****ing idiots. I

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*Sigh* Good grief can we just agree to disagree? Is it that hard without escalating things, and over something so trivial?

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wow. Please get off the ledge, Jason, relax bud, it really doesn’t matter, we don’t make the picks anyway. It’s all cool bro.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Did we pay Finley or Cook as much as we did Graham or Bennet?

Your initial statement was this:

Rodgers has had as much success with Graham as any other specific TE in his career. Oops I am speaking facts again. Let everyone bash me now.

To which I said:

Depending on how you want to define success, generally speaking Rodgers hasn't been given a lot to work with in the way of TE's. With Finley and Cook, probably being the 2 that had the most success with Rodgers.

So now you say this......

Did we pay Finley or Cook as much as we did Graham or Bennet? Hence value...

Which one is it? "Rodgers hasn't had much success no matter who the TE is" or "Cook and Finley were good values, that Rodgers worked well with"?

You can't keep adjusting your statements to mean something else, when you do, it appears that you are talking out of both sides of your ***.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know. I think maybe the only thing more ridiculous than Jason's comments is that some posters actually tried to converse with him. (Me included).

Not going to bother trying.

As they say, if you argue with a moron, he is in the same predicament.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know. I think maybe the only thing more ridiculous than Jason's comments is that some posters actually tried to converse with him. (Me included).

Not going to bother trying.

As they say, if you argue with a moron, he is in the same predicament.

At this point all I'm trying to do is try to have him listen to reason, and it appears it's not working.

D

Deleted member 6794

I actually don't think a Witten signing would be a bad idea. He'd be a good mentor for Jace and Tonyan and would come relatively cheap in comparison to some others. If we miss out on Henry/Hooper/Ebron, he's not a horrible option to get a vet in there.

Witten might still be able to get some receptions a game but doesn't offer anything with the ball in his hands anymore. The Packers should definitely look for a younger tight end.

We are only spending over $7M or so on one FA (not inclusive of resigning Bulaga of course)....if they decide to make it Hooper so be it...I'd rather it be an ILB like Littleton or Schobert but I'm not gonna say I'd hate it.

The Packers could have significantly more cap space to spend in free agency by releasing Graham, Linsley and Taylor.

And again, Rodgers isn't that much of a TE dependent QB. He has always been successful with at least 3 wide outs. I know he has thrown miracle passes to TEs, but the rest of the game he depended on WR1, WR2, and WR3.

Five of the eight best seasons by a tight end in Packers history have come with Rodgers throwing the ball.

They could possibly resign Tramon, but that would be a pretty significant use of resources, as I doubt he'd be cheaper than he was last time around. If they do that, they still need to add a corner at least by the middle rounds.

It's interesting that a lot of fans consider $5 million a season for a cornerback playing 70% of the sanps as a significant use of resources yet don't feel the same way about nearly paying that much for an average kicker.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers could have significantly more cap space to spend in free agency by releasing Graham, Linsley and Taylor.

Which has been something I've advocated on ever since we extended Patrick. Many don't want to do it, but as much as it sucks cutting a solid guy and player in Linsley it would make the team better if the money was shifted to holes.

D

Deleted member 6794

Which has been something I've advocated on ever since we extended Patrick. Many don't want to do it, but as much as it sucks cutting a solid guy and player in Linsley it would make the team better if the money was shifted to holes.

True, especially considering Linsley wasn't all that great last season with a lot of shotgun snaps not being perfect.

Members online

Latest posts