FredEX to Green Bay...?

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers working out Freddie Mitchell today. Sign him. He's a pain in the ****, but he could help like Andre Rison did a few years ago. He knows the system(Andy Reid's offense not that far away from Sherman's) and his unemployment might take a bit off the cockiness.

Andre Thurman is also available, but Mitchell is more experienced and when Robert Ferguson returns they would have some veteran depth.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are right, Mitchell could be this years Rison factor. Rison was a pain wherever he went but he was able to help the Pack when they needed it.
I wonder if he can keep his mouth in check for 10 weeks.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A conversation between Ted Thompson and Mike Sherman:

MS: Hey Ted, who do you have scheduled for a work out today at WR?

TT: I dunno.

MS: WHAT DO YOU MEAN "I DUNNO?!"

TT: "I dunno. Some guy named ABBY

MS: Abby? Abby? Abby WHO?!"

TT: Ummm...Abby.....Abby Normal.

MS: "Abby?....Abby?..Abby NORMAL???......ABNORMAL!!!!(SHEESH...NOT FREDDIE MITCHELL?!?!)

:pumpkin: Oh well, its getting close to Halloween and I loved that Mel Brooks movie "Young Frankenstien"!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hah ha cheeshog...I've always been a fan of Blazing Saddles.

As for Freddie, the Pack only need him as filler 'til Fergy gets back...if he's a pain in the butt, fine, dump him in 4 weeks, but I'm all for adding him now.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Musccy, Mitchell could be enough of a distaction(as a threat), to opposing defences to help free up some of the recievers. He must be able to get open and catch the ball a few times though. Sometimes these guys are humbled after leaving a team that don't want them and they carry a "chip" to prove them wrong.

As far as Blazing Saddles go.... "SOMEBODY GO BACK AND GIT A SH*TLOAD OF DIMES!"

Kyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I can't find a list of available street free agent WRs, but I'd rather have anyone but Freddie Mitchell. Sign Billy Schroeder, Jerry Rice, anyone!!

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ummmm, yeah...Sign Mitchell. I won't call him "First Down-Freddy"...*sighs* Another one of those "better than most out there" guys...

But Schroeder is really interesting (if he's really available...I have no idea).

Favre worked well with him. Would be a decent filler.

Oh...and I didn't get a "ha-rumph," from any of you guys!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesehog and arrow (I hope this doesn't offend anyone, and apologize if it does, but..."

"Where are all your white women at?"

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MajicMan said:
But Schroeder is really interesting (if he's really available...I have no idea).

he's not signed with anybody right now. he only played 7 games with Tampa Bay last year, and not because of an injury. maybe due to the emergence of Clayton (who is kinda tanking this year). for some reason Tampa feels he is through, and they aren't exactly deep at WR's either.

musccy said:
cheesehog and arrow (I hope this doesn't offend anyone, and apologize if it does, but..."

"Where are all your white women at?"

Musccy, anybody who has seen that flick is already desensitized... :mossfro:

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I'm glad that they didn't bring Fred ex in I wonder what is wrong with him though if multiple teams keep passing on him besides his mouth that is. I wasn't surprised they brought Thurmond back I think he can help the return game as well.

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard on the fan a few weeks back the Billy Schroeder burned some bridges when he left and would never be asked back. They did say the it sounded like he was in great shape though.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
fondypackfan said:
I heard on the fan a few weeks back the Billy Schroeder burned some bridges when he left and would never be asked back. They did say the it sounded like he was in great shape though.

That's a shame. I missed seeing Brett slam theball into his Billys head after running the wrong route. I thought it was by accident the first few times but it was obvious Brett did it on purpose on an occasion or two LoL

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From todays Wed, October 26, 2005 Green Bay Press-Gazette by
Rob Demovsky. " The Packers passed on veteran Freddie Mitchell, who was unimpressive in his work out---Mitchell was coming off a knee injury and had arthroscopic surgery five weeks ago."

Members online

Latest posts