Fortunate as Packer fans

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching the game last night i developed even more of an appreciation for Aaron Rodgers. Ponder is just down right garbage smh, you have the best Rb in the league and some good talent at wr in Jennings and Patterson, with Carlson and Rudolph at tightend. Made me think geeze...what if we never found a franchise qb after Farse left? would we be as bad as teams like the Queens, Jags, Cardinals etc....

Last edited:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
See the Packers have such a history look at the years between Starr (QB) and Favre. When the Packers would be one of those teams you mentioned. In the current era we are near the top, times will change, sadly.

Reaction score
You can't take anything for granted in the NFC North! Even from game to game. Personally, I was not looking past last nights game by any means. You just never know what is going to happen. I am just enjoying the season.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Hell, I am glad to be a packers fan. We have good times to look back on and poor times to appreciate the good times. I feel bad for teams like the Jags, they don't have a storied past and never really had much "good times" to reflect upon.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching the game last night i developed even more of an appreciation for Aaron Rodgers. Ponder is just down right garbage smh, you have the best Rb in the league and some good talent at wr in Jennings and Patterson, with Carlson and Rudolph at tightend. Made me think geeze...what if we never found a franchise qb after Farse left? would we be as bad as teams like the Queens, Jags, Cardinals etc....
don't let one KR fool you, Patterson is garbage. Maybe he will develop, but right now he is struggling with the playbook and is a poor route runner. He has impressive measureables and that's it. His head and heart both have serious question marks.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't let one KR fool you, Patterson is garbage. Maybe he will develop, but right now he is struggling with the playbook and is a poor route runner. He has impressive measureables and that's it. His head and heart both have serious question marks.

Fair enough.....but all i would need him to do is catch the ball and run. Good locker room guy's and coaches make a difference, sometimes you have to take a gander on a guy.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It should be a sign that a struggling team won't line him up at WR. He must be a lot more raw and unable to handle the NFL than the Vikings thought. . .either that or they are actually giving him the opportunity to ease into the game without throwing him to the wolves

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
It should be a sign that a struggling team won't line him up at WR. He must be a lot more raw and unable to handle the NFL than the Vikings thought. . .either that or they are actually giving him the opportunity to ease into the game without throwing him to the wolves

LOL...no way, they threw Freeman to the wolves. They have a need for a speedy WR and they dont use him??? Sounds to me like the kid might just be plain dumb.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But a beer cost a lot less when we were that bad

I didn't turn 21 until 1993, so I can't speak on the beer prices. But, I do know that starting in 1986, I could just show up in the parking lot at Lambeau or County Stadium and pay some dude $5 for a game ticket, right on the spot. My Dad or best friend's Dad would take us until we turned 16 in 1988, but after that, I drove up there all the time. I went to 7 of the 8 home games in the magical '89 season and I paid no more than $15 for a ticket. I miss those days, in that regard. People wonder how I've been to over 120 games in my life ... that's how!

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Indeed. I went to many games when Randy Wrong was handing off to Paul Ott Carruth.

The first time I saw the Packers live they featured the legendary David Whitehurst at QB. Having suffered through the 70's and 80's I am very thankful for the last 20 years.

You see these lists pop up on occasion, but I couldn't help but get a chuckle at Florio's take on who would win last night's game in his weekly profootballtalk.com picks:

Florio’s take: Since 1992, the Packers have had three starting quarterbacks: Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, and Matt Flynn (twice). In that same time, the Vikings have had Rich Gannon, Sean Salisbury, Jim McMahon, Warren Moon, Brad Johnson, Randall Cunningham, Jeff George, Daunte Culpepper, Todd Bouman, Spergon Wynn, Gus Frerotte, Brad Johnson (again), Tarvaris Jackson, Kelly Holcomb, Brooks Bollinger, Gus Frerotte (again), Tarvaris Jackson, Brett Favre, Joe Webb, Donovan McNabb, Christian Ponder, Matt Cassel, Josh Freeman, and Christian Ponder (again). That pretty much sums up the state of this rivalry for the past 21 years.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But a beer cost a lot less when we were that bad
So it would have been better to have been a Steelers fan?
That is the only way you can have a win-win with cheaper beer and a winning football team around that time.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first time I saw the Packers live they featured the legendary David Whitehurst at QB. Having suffered through the 70's and 80's I am very thankful for the last 20 years.

You see these lists pop up on occasion, but I couldn't help but get a chuckle at Florio's take on who would win last night's game in his weekly profootballtalk.com picks:

Florio’s take: Since 1992, the Packers have had three starting quarterbacks: Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, and Matt Flynn (twice). In that same time, the Vikings have had Rich Gannon, Sean Salisbury, Jim McMahon, Warren Moon, Brad Johnson, Randall Cunningham, Jeff George, Daunte Culpepper, Todd Bouman, Spergon Wynn, Gus Frerotte, Brad Johnson (again), Tarvaris Jackson, Kelly Holcomb, Brooks Bollinger, Gus Frerotte (again), Tarvaris Jackson, Brett Favre, Joe Webb, Donovan McNabb, Christian Ponder, Matt Cassel, Josh Freeman, and Christian Ponder (again). That pretty much sums up the state of this rivalry for the past 21 years.

Yep. The Bears have had even more starters than the Vikings since 1992. Moses Moreno, LOL

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't turn 21 until 1993, so I can't speak on the beer prices. But, I do know that starting in 1986, I could just show up in the parking lot at Lambeau or County Stadium and pay some dude $5 for a game ticket, right on the spot. My Dad or best friend's Dad would take us until we turned 16 in 1988, but after that, I drove up there all the time. I went to 7 of the 8 home games in the magical '89 season and I paid no more than $15 for a ticket. I miss those days, in that regard. People wonder how I've been to over 120 games in my life ... that's how!
I can relate to that through Grateful Dead concerts.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can relate to that through Grateful Dead concerts.

I also saw the Dead roughly over 30 times or so between 1991 and 1994. Lived to tell about it and while it was a lot of fun, I'm sure as hell glad those years are over. It got out of hand by '95, with all the idiot gate-crashers, etc. It became more about the grilled cheese sandwiches and the nitrous balloons, than more about the music. I'd had it. I skipped the Dead's last ever show to go see Pearl Jam in Milwaukee instead and I've never regretted it once.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also saw the Dead roughly over 30 times or so between 1991 and 1994. Lived to tell about it and while it was a lot of fun, I'm sure as hell glad those years are over. It got out of hand by '95, with all the idiot gate-crashers, etc. It became more about the grilled cheese sandwiches and the nitrous balloons, than more about the music. I'd had it. I skipped the Dead's last ever show to go see Pearl Jam in Milwaukee instead and I've never regretted it once.
Funny thing was that during the decline as you describe, Jerry Garcia died.
I've heard that the very last show they did wasn't all that great yet there are those who claim to have been there.
(Sorta bragging rights, I guess but not really much to brag about.)
I gave up going to shows but I always wanted to attend at least one more Jerry Garcia Band concert.
They always had it together and always rocked.
Just glad I got to see 'em when I did.

And just like the Packers every show was sold out.

1349300398113-1479835116.jpeg

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny thing was that during the decline as you describe, Jerry Garcia died.
I've heard that the very last show they did wasn't all that great yet there are those who claim to have been there.
(Sorta bragging rights, I guess but not really much to brag about.)
I gave up going to shows but I always wanted to attend at least one more Jerry Garcia Band concert.
They always had it together and always rocked.
Just glad I got to see 'em when I did.

And just like the Packers every show was sold out.

1349300398113-1479835116.jpeg

Agreed. Well ... Garcia lived for about 30 years on a diet of hot dogs, milkshakes and heroin. Not exactly the way to extend your life cycle. Jerry Garcia died at 52 years old, looking 20 years older than my gramps did when he died at 93 years old. So, then there's that. Following the Dead around for a few summers was fun and I'm glad I did it. But, I also knew when it was time to move on from all that. Great memories, yes!

Looking for a chateau ... 21 rooms, but one will do. - 1987

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Well ... Garcia lived for about 30 years on a diet of hot dogs, milkshakes and heroin. Not exactly the way to extend your life cycle. Jerry Garcia died at 52 years old, looking 20 years older than my gramps did when he died at 93 years old. So, then there's that. Following the Dead around for a few summers was fun and I'm glad I did it. But, I also knew when it was time to move on from all that. Great memories, yes!

Looking for a chateau ... 21 rooms, but one will do. - 1987
Did you ever make it up to Alpine Valley for a show?
I turned two of my HIGH school buddies onto them there.
We camped out overnight among all the other Deadheads and had a blast.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you ever make it up to Alpine Valley for a show?
I turned two of my HIGH school buddies onto them there.
We camped out overnight among all the other Deadheads and had a blast.

HIGH??? Wait ... no way, lol. No, never did make it to Alpine, as the last time they played there was prior to me really getting into the band. Buckeye Lake in Ohio is easily my favorite place where I saw them play. Been to Alpine many times, but not for the Dead.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts