Most painful loss as a Packers fan?

D

Deleted member 6794

Plus it was a regular season game so the stakes weren't quite as high. Although IIRC it might have had some effect on the seeding that season, we might have played the 49ers in GB had we won.

True, the Packers would have been the #2 seed in 2012 if they had won that game in Seattle, most likely playing the Niners at home in the divisional round. I don't know if that would have made a difference in that one though.

It's weird how Favre has a losing record against Dallas, while Rodgers has a winning record against that team.

Rodgers is actually 8-2 against the Cowboys while still being undefeated in Dallas (4-0 vs. the Cowboys as well as the Super Bowl win in 2010).

I wasn't that mad at the NFC Championship. It was a close game and though Bostick fumbled at a critical time. People were mad at Bostick, but we had opportunities that we did not capitalize, even after the fumble. Seahawks scored making it 22-19 with 1:30 left in regulation. Another chance, yet we failed to score, the team was to blame -- Bostick was the scapegoat.

The 2014 NFCCG wasn't a close game for 55 minutes with the Packers dominating every facet of the game before collapsing in a way never seen before.

For the record, the Packers scored a field goal at the end of regulation to force overtime.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is actually 8-2 against the Cowboys while still being undefeated in Dallas (4-0 vs. the Cowboys as well as the Super Bowl win in 2010).
I mean that's still a winning record right?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN is currently airing the fail mary game...

PhilaPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have to say, yes losing the Super Bowl in the final minutes to the Broncos was painfull, and so was the overtime loss to the Giants in the NFC Championship game, which happens to be Brett Favre's last game as a Green Bay Packer.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so was the overtime loss to the Giants in the NFC Championship game, which happens to be Brett Favre's last game as a Green Bay Packer.
Speaking of Favre, right now they're running the Jan. 6, 2002 game against the Giants. That's the game Favre gave himself up to Michael Strahan so he could break the sack record. Why would they bother to rerun that game? Just show the clip of that play and forget it.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take your pick
4&26
Seattle debacle in NFC championship game
TO from Young after Rice no call fumble
That Rice no fumble call was horsecrap, but I never got the feeling we were going to win the Super Bowl that year, so that took the edge off a bit.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Far and away ... Not even close. Losing in Super Bowl 32 as a double digit favorite. Weather in San Diego sucked all week. Already rumors of Seattle tampering with Holmgren... stories circulating that the Packers were not as focused while Denver was all business.

I accidentally recorded over my recordings of the entire pre-pre- games, the game and the post-game.. My brother was good enough to record everything and I still have all the tapes from Super Bowl 31. Started recording at 7 a.m. - commercials and all.

I advised my son to NEVER watch SB32 ... nothing good would come of it. He listened to me until a couple of years ago. He's still having bad dreams.

Losing a Super Bowl is roughly comparable to having someone you don't much like ... Rip off your head and crap down your neck.

Yeah, I guess that game would be my choice. It's also the reason I didn't go to Dallas for SB45. Emotional scarring is tough to get around.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing in Super Bowl 32 as a double digit favorite.
Green Bay also broke the NFC's 13 year winning streak with that loss. It was a good, competitive game, at least. But it was a little like death of a thousand cuts with being unable to stop Terrell Davis. And Denver ended up with the mini-dynasty that we were looking for, while we became the "fart in the wind".

I always wonder if we would have gotten another Super Bowl out of Favre if Holmgren had stayed. Probably no real reason to think so, but he seemed the ideal coach for him.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2014 NFCCG is the 2nd worst loss of all time

I still get randomly triggered thinking about it

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's 2014 for me. Utter domination by GB throughout only to blunder their way into a historic loss - once again losing in OT.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Far and away ... Not even close. Losing in Super Bowl 32 as a double digit favorite. Weather in San Diego sucked all week. Already rumors of Seattle tampering with Holmgren... stories circulating that the Packers were not as focused while Denver was all business.

I accidentally recorded over my recordings of the entire pre-pre- games, the game and the post-game.. My brother was good enough to record everything and I still have all the tapes from Super Bowl 31. Started recording at 7 a.m. - commercials and all.

I advised my son to NEVER watch SB32 ... nothing good would come of it. He listened to me until a couple of years ago. He's still having bad dreams.

Losing a Super Bowl is roughly comparable to having someone you don't much like ... Rip off your head and crap down your neck.

Yeah, I guess that game would be my choice. It's also the reason I didn't go to Dallas for SB45. Emotional scarring is tough to get around.

And I`m dramatic ?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
. And Denver ended up with the mini-dynasty that we were looking for, while we became the "fart in the wind".

I've never forgiven Wolf for that quote. :sneaky:
We get a gastrointestinal dysfunction in a breeze and Marilyn Monroe gets a candle? Wolf could have come up with a better schtick.:x3:

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of Favre, right now they're running the Jan. 6, 2002 game against the Giants. That's the game Favre gave himself up to Michael Strahan so he could break the sack record. Why would they bother to rerun that game? Just show the clip of that play and forget it.
I thought it smelled funny then and it still stinks today. Favre should be ashamed of himself for laying down so that Strahan could break the record. Just pathetic and it is hard for me to believe that Strahan felt good about it as well. I must say that I am quite surprised that Favre is giving back all that money he got for doing nothing. An athlete with integrity - who could imagine?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Rice no fumble call was horsecrap, but I never got the feeling we were going to win the Super Bowl that year, so that took the edge off a bit.
That was the game for me also. Don't know why you don't think we would have won it all. Dorsey Levens came back and we were looking very good.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how you can choose anything other than Super Bowl 32 unless you were too young to recollect the game. The Seattle Meltdown would be a definite second.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre should be ashamed of himself for laying down so that Strahan could break the record.
I understand why people didn't like it, but it never really bothered me. Favre was trying to do a kindness to an opponent he respected. There are many such examples in sports, but this caused a stink because it was for a record. Mark Gastineau wasn't happy about it. Sounds like Favre didn't think it through all the way. It turned out badly, but I'm sure he meant well.

That was the game for me also. Don't know why you don't think we would have won it all. Dorsey Levens came back and we were looking very good.
Just a feeling, I didn't feel in my gut that we were going to win the Super Bowl that year.

I don't know how you can choose anything other than Super Bowl 32 unless you were too young to recollect the game. The Seattle Meltdown would be a definite second.
I have very vivid memories of Super Bowl 32 (unfortunately). I was actually taking the loss fairly well, but the people at work gave me so much **** over it. I thought the two teams were very evenly matched, and it looked that way in the game. The Broncos just came up a bit better. I didn't think we deserved to be favored by double digits, because like I said I thought the two teams looked very evenly matched. We were so heavily favored because we were the defending champs, and because the AFC hadn't won a Super Bowl in 13 years. I took comfort in the fact that at least it was a good game, we weren't blown out.

People thought our big defensive line would overwhelm Denver's smaller, cut blocking OL, but that didn't turn out to be the case.

The Seattle playoff game will always be #1 for me, because the way we lost that game was absolutely disgraceful. And I can't emphasize that enough.