For the record, TT critics, stake your position

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bus, what did you expect when you started this thread? There are plenty of us that think TT doesn't walk on water. You are entitled to your opinions but why enlarge the bulls eye already on your chest? :confused: C'mon man!

Last edited:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget TT, apparently we need more of this...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
To be fair to Mike Sherman, IIRC that photo was taken during lunch period on the last day of the combine after what were I'm sure a few long nights. But either way, yeah... no thanks on Mike Sherman.

H

HardRightEdge

I could go all day about your selective fact. You dispute that prior to TT we had the best oline in the NFL. I would argure otherwise. How he lost it isn't important. He has had 8 years to replace, Wahle, Flanagan, and Rivera. Fewer years to replace Clifton and Tauscher, BUT THE FACT REMAINS, HE HASN'T.

Game set match.
If you're going that route, you should include Wells in that list.

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
Probably feel that way because nobody as offered strong evidence against MM and TT that outweighs all their success.

Can't argue that the team hasn't been good under them and can't argue that the last 5 games overrule the success.

Don't understand your statement? How do the last 5 games overule years of success? How are TT and MM responsible for injuries to the starting QB,tight end, recievers, L tackle, etc, etc, That's just bad luck IMHO.

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
No one feels compromised by your opinion. Yet nowhere in a thread asking TT haters to stake their position, did you actually do it. There is no reasoning, just a flat out statement.

Here are the facts:

TT took over a rebuilding franchise in salary cap hell. By his third year, he brought a division title back and his team made it all the way to the NFC Championship game. Since then, he has only missed the playoffs once. No team has more playoff appearances since the 2007 season than the Packers.

The track record of sustained success over his tenure is really rivaled only by the Ravens and Patriots. Search online for "ranking the NFL GM's." You'll find that it is extremely difficult to find any one that doesn't rank Thompson and/or the Packers front office in their top 5.

So you've got regular season and postseason success, and you've got almost unanimous opinion of his place among NFL GM's.

Despite all this, you are arrogant enough to actually believe that you could make the Packers a better franchise than Ted Thompson can.

Does this solve the mystery as to why you get ignored and/or ridiculed?

Well said!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I put it right upthere with Wolf, as a part of history. The NFL is what have you done for me lately. I don't give on bit of credit to Wolf or Thompson. They were both the beneficiaries of legenday QBs. Without Favre/Rodgers, Wolf and Thompson are a Holiday Inn lounge act

Wow

Who do you give credit for obtaining the players than? Santa?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you give credit for obtaining the players than? Santa?
We need Christmas miracles this year.
Everyone get yourselves to the mall and visit Santa and ask him for playoff victories for the Packers.
I'm reaching for my coat.
How about you?

Members online