Fire Slocum

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Special teams always has me worried, I think it's time to freshen it up. Cobb's kick return td was real nice, good job by Kuuuuuhn to keep Cobb on his feet.

OP
OP
13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think firing a special teams coach will change much. It's all fundamentals. You can only teach so much on special teams.
Really? Do you not translate that to other parts of the game? The game is all about fundamentals and teaching no matter the area. There are other teams that know how to play special teams.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I don't think firing a special teams coach will change much. It's all fundamentals. You can only teach so much on special teams.

and he hasn't taught anyone anything. I agree the coach can only be liable for so much on any kind of team, but the special teams has been horrible for a while now, and not just the fundamentals, its the decision making. He chooses to squibb kick or directional kick at the worst of times. As a new special teams player, if the guy teaching you is inept, its hard to learn fundamentals.

The roster this year was bolstered to help special teams, so far, hasn't changed much, theres no reason why we cant just be an average special teams team, why do we constantly have to be horrible, especially in big moments.(excluding onside kicks where we are the bomb ;)

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously. We could be just as good with no special-team coach. On the touchdown they were just standing there. WTF?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Here we go not even one game in the season and we need to fire somebody even after we had a kick off return for TD.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is something fundamentally wrong with how he teaches lanes and angles. It's as if he teaches them how to cover a shorter punt and then he booms one and everyone is taking the wrong angle.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Here we go not even one game in the season and we need to fire somebody even after we had a kick off return for TD.

That was all Randall Cobb making a spectacular play and had zero to do with Slocum. Agree with most in this thread, Slocum needs to go. From what I've heard, his schemes aren't traditional and some consider them to be too outside-the-box. I'm sure there are plenty of coaches who could make this unit mediocre instead of below-average to awful.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Well... nice to see we still have the crap *** special teams as last year.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
It's only one game in the season so far, and Darren Sproles is a good return man.

i think we're being too fast on wanting someone fired. See what happens by week 3.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
It's only one game in the season so far, and Darren Sproles is a good return man.

i think we're being too fast on wanting someone fired. See what happens by week 3.

I'd agree if Slocum was a new addition to the coaching staff. Unfortunately, this has been a trend under Slocum and Packer fans are just sick of it.

wingrider47

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They don't have enough balls to fire anyone. His coaching has sucked for years, this isn't anything new.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been a long time coming. He should have been tabbed to have been fired even with a super bowl blowout win. Those blocked kicks this year were historically bad. The pack also had to be at the bottom of the league in field position off of kickoffs. Not having his unit prepared for that fake yesterday ices his termination cake. I know MM doesn't like to make changes but he did bring in a big name coach to assist him with special teams and he really has done nothing well in his tenure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts