Fire MM?

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, know I am not so sure I think MM is a good coach anymore as it sounds like he has no intention of sending Dom packing. So I guess we will get another team barely good enough to win one of the worst divisions in football followed by yet another new and horrible way for the defense to be putrid in a playoff loss.

There is absolutely no earthly reason why Dom should not already be fired. Period, end of story. I am really starting to think this entire franchise is actually okay with never being good enough. What's the saying? The definition of insanity is trying the same things over and over again and expecting different results.

I feel worse today than after the embarrassing loss to the Falcons but this season is not even over and since Dom and TT are going nowhere, next season is already over too. I know that statement is all gloom and doom but after 6 seasons of this, I have no reason to believe anything will change if some changes are not made in the office.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both players got big deals they didn't live up to.

We had the best line in the league in '04 and '05. Ted splits it up in '06, and it took years to re-build. My point being this: Once that happened and Ted had to try to rebuild that, he's been behind the needs of the team ever since.

D

Deleted member 6794

They should have asked MM some tougher questions during the press conference. Ask if he cares about his legacy - is he OK with coaching 2 HOF QBs and only having 1 ring to show for it? Ask how he feels about being 1-3 in CC games. Ask how it feels to be the first coach to have a 6 playoff stretch without an appearance in the Super Bowl.

Agreed, undortunately that's not the way how it works in Green Bay.

Well, know I am not so sure I think MM is a good coach anymore as it sounds like he has no intention of sending Dom packing. So I guess we will get another team barely good enough to win one of the worst divisions in football followed by yet another new and horrible way for the defense to be putrid in a playoff loss.

There is absolutely no earthly reason why Dom should not already be fired. Period, end of story. I am really starting to think this entire franchise is actually okay with never being good enough. What's the saying? The definition of insanity is trying the same things over and over again and expecting different results.

I feel worse today than after the embarrassing loss to the Falcons but this season is not even over and since Dom and TT are going nowhere, next season is already over too. I know that statement is all gloom and doom but after 6 seasons of this, I have no reason to believe anything will change if some changes are not made in the office.

I honestly believe Capers hasn't been given enough talent by Thompson to work with. As I've mentioned before I'm not opposed to firing him but I doubt another defensive coordinator would be more successful with this defense.

We had the best line in the league in '04 and '05. Ted splits it up in '06, and it took years to re-build. My point being this: Once that happened and Ted had to try to rebuild that, he's been behind the needs of the team ever since.

It takes Thompson way too long to adequately fill holes on the roster but it was the right decision to let Rivera and Wahle walk away in 2005.

OP
OP
P

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our franchise is more concerned with selling jerseys rather than go all out for SB's.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I think our franchise is more concerned with selling jerseys rather than go all out for SB's.
I think there could potentially be some truth to this. Also, I think that they have gotten way too comfortable relying on stellar quarterback play. Even the best of quarterbacks need help.

This is what drives me crazy. I'm of the opinion that they are taking Rodgers for granted right now. They will regret this if they do not take advantage of having him in the next 5-7 seasons, and then go 10 years after that without a decent quarterback, missing the playoffs more often than not.

That would be a travesty knowing that you were only able to cash in 2 times between Favre/Rodgers.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score

People call me crazy cause I say that MM is more into good friend relationships with his staff than hiring a SB winning staff. This why I say MM should go because hes not capable of making the right decisions. It took clements to walk away under his own power like wth was clements there for in the first place lol.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly believe Capers hasn't been given enough talent by Thompson to work with. As I've mentioned before I'm not opposed to firing him but I doubt another defensive coordinator would be more successful with this defense.
This I agree with you, but over the years it has been the same thing on defense and kinda has turned me into a fan of letting capers go because capers has changed his coaching style. He was alway known as a blitzing DC but now I see him sitting in zones especially on 3rd and longs. Its like capers is not capers anymore the lack of talent has changed him over the years.

OP
OP
P

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets play a game, your Arod, contracts up, Brady retires, and BB calls. Do you stay or are you moving to New England? We have Aaron Fing Rodgers and can't get to the SB.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm going to bet he's referring to drafting AJ Hawk and totally ignorant of the rest of the draft.

It's easy to cherry pick out moves for a year that didn't work out for TT or any GM.

Overall, in his early years in Green Bay, he did an excellent job though.

D

Deleted member 6794

People call me crazy cause I say that MM is more into good friend relationships with his staff than hiring a SB winning staff. This why I say MM should go because hes not capable of making the right decisions. It took clements to walk away under his own power like wth was clements there for in the first place lol.

McCarthy is an excellent coach but sometimes seems to hang on to a position coach too long because of being familiar with him. That's no reason to fire him though.

Clements should have been let go once MM took back play calling.

This I agree with you, but over the years it has been the same thing on defense and kinda has turned me into a fan of letting capers go because capers has changed his coaching style. He was alway known as a blitzing DC but now I see him sitting in zones especially on 3rd and longs. Its like capers is not capers anymore the lack of talent has changed him over the years.

Capers blitzed on 29% of pass plays this season, a number that was above the league average. It's tough to be successful doing it though with a struggling cornerback group though.

Members online

Latest posts