Fire MM?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
While I agree that changes have to be made this offseason there´s absolutely no reason to move on from McCarthy.

McCarthy is highly successful as a play caller. He gave it up at the start of the 2015 season and the offense struggled. The unit improved again this season with MM taking it back.

They were 6 and 0 with out Mm calling plays.. Rodgers hurt his knee in charger game and his mechanics suffered.. He couldn't plant properly..

Well documented last year

OP
OP
P

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the season started we had the easiest rated schedule, we got 10 wins out of it, should have been 12-13. Then win a shoot out with Arod playing out of his mind, come back to earth and get torched. Since 2010 how good has our play off coaching been? Quite frankly Rex Ryan could have done as well, Mc Moron is a successful coach because he is riding coattails.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the season started we had the easiest rated schedule, we got 10 wins out of it, should have been 12-13. Then win a shoot out with Arod playing out of his mind, come back to earth and get torched. Since 2010 how good has our play off coaching been? Quite frankly Rex Ryan could have done as well, Mc Moron is a successful coach because he is riding coattails.

It doesn't matter what the schedule rates before the season starts. It ended up much tougher than predicted, including having every NFC playoff team.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To keep the team together after 4-6 and get to the NFC Championship was a hell of a coaching job.

They went as far as the talent they had would allow.

D

Deleted member 6794

They were 6 and 0 with out Mm calling plays.. Rodgers hurt his knee in charger game and his mechanics suffered.. He couldn't plant properly..

Well documented last year

The offense started to struggle after the Chiefs game in week 3 of last season though.

I want MM to takeover DC play calling for a season or promote some else

McCarthy has never coached any defensive position at any level and therefore would be a terrible choice as defensive coordinator.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK now that this has been inevitably brought up, I ask those calling for MM's seat, who exactly would you replace him with? What are you looking for in a perspective new coach that you find lacking in MM? How many viable canidates are out there right now that you would deem worthy of consideration? Names and assets they bring to the table?

This question cannot be raised without considering his replacement as goes for all the other fire so and so threads.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what the schedule rates before the season starts. It ended up much tougher than predicted, including having every NFC playoff team.

This is why I never pay even the slightest attention to the 'strength of schedule' stuff before the season.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edgar Bennett objectively does need to be demoted to RB or WR coach. I'm not sure he can help Rodgers or that Rodgers would listen so he can't be QB coach. We need a better offensive mind at the position. Mike McCarthy does NOT need to be fired. Ted Thompson needs to go though if we're looking at it honestly. He's made bad decisions going all the way back to '06, and through bad drafting early at "need" positions he's been chasing ever since. He's drafted well yes, but the problems have always stayed ahead of him.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edgar Bennett objectively does need to be demoted to RB or WR coach. I'm not sure he can help Rodgers or that Rodgers would listen so he can't be QB coach. We need a better offensive mind at the position. Mike McCarthy does NOT need to be fired. Ted Thompson needs to go though if we're looking at it honestly. He's made bad decisions going all the way back to '06, and through bad drafting early at "need" positions he's been chasing ever since. He's drafted well yes, but the problems have always stayed ahead of him.

TT inherited a 4-12 team. A couple years later, they were an OT away from a Super Bowl. A few years after that, they won the Super Bowl.

I'm curious what bad decisions are you referring to in 2006?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
TT inherited a 4-12 team. A couple years later, they were an OT away from a Super Bowl. A few years after that, they won the Super Bowl.

I'm going to bet he's referring to drafting AJ Hawk and totally ignorant of the rest of the draft.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TT inherited a 2004 playoff team. TT's ( Hired Jan 05) first season was the 4-12 disaster. Sherman was out and MM was in. MM's first season ( 06) was 8-8.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want MM fired. If he was fired after 17 ( Not happening this year), I'd look at the following:

McDaniels. Bright mind who admitted mistakes in Denver. Working with Rodgers would be a match in heaven.

Sean Payton. Offensive guru with an impressive resume. Pending he left the Saints.

Brian Billick: HOF caliber coach with an offensive background. His expertise would be invaluable.

John Harbaugh. Pending him and Ravens split after 17.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
McCarthy gets fired, and he's got teams blowing his phone up the same day.

I don't see us getting better than MM right now. Unless Rodgers wants him gone, he stays.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wahle and Rivera being cut right off the bat, and it taking several years to re-build the O-Line.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT inherited a 2004 playoff team. TT's ( Hired Jan 05) first season was the 4-12 disaster. Sherman was out and MM was in. MM's first season ( 06) was 8-8.
Wahle and Rivera being cut right off the bat, and it taking several years to re-build the O-Line.
yeah, he should have definitely paid them LOL and then it would have taken several years to rebuild the entire team LOL

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been quite a while since the offense has had a complete game in the playoffs under MM. Consistency hasn't been there the last several playoff games.

Against Atlanta it never showed up. Somehow MM thought that AR played at "another level" during this game (he said that during today's press conference).

Against Dallas it only showed up for the first half and a little bit of the 3rd quarter before disappearing.

Against the Giants it didn't show up until late in the 2nd quarter.

Against Arizona in 2015 it didn't really show up.

Against the Redskins in 2015 it didn't show up until middle of 2nd quarter.

Against Seattle in 2014 it never showed up.

Last edited:

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should have asked MM some tougher questions during the press conference. Ask if he cares about his legacy - is he OK with coaching 2 HOF QBs and only having 1 ring to show for it? Ask how he feels about being 1-3 in CC games. Ask how it feels to be the first coach to have a 6 playoff stretch without an appearance in the Super Bowl.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts