Fire MM?

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, the effort some of those guys put out there today I just couldn't help but think man how can you do this to the guy who's stuck his neck out there for you? Interesting how one of my friends ripped on Favre after he left this team talking about his gunslinging and uber aggressive playing style and glad he didn't have to see it. But when you really look at how this team let Rodgers down today and did the same at times to Favre, you almost want to forgive number 4 for all those times he rolled out and tried to make something out of nothing.

IT IS THE SAME, how long can this staff ride coattails? MM has one SB with these two as QB. One.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If MM cant get a legitimate offensive coordinator some one that actually knows how to call plays and make plays. If he cant get a legitimate Defensive coordinator if im capers im stepping down because TT and MM have left that man hanging for years with the talent level they are giving him to work with. MM been the coach too long to consistently call these bogus time outs and clock miss managing. His play calling is stale his excuses is stale he has to do some cutting this year or i think he should be cut. No more being friends time to get you a SB winning staff and cut that damn training staff idk if they are bad luck or doing the wrong thing but year after year these injuries are getting old. Im tired of being a development team.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If MM cant get a legitimate offensive coordinator some one that actually knows how to call plays and make plays.
You realize MM calls the plays, don't you? Him giving up play calling would be akin to Jerruh Jones or Al Davis (RIP) giving up the GM spot. Pry it out of their cold dead fingers. It'd be easier than getting the checkbook away from my wife though.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM isn't the problem. I don't think many guys could have kept this team together at 4-6.

If he's got a major fault, it's too strong of loyalties to his staff.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of all the fire so-and-so threads this is the one that is honestly completely ridiculous

Last edited:

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You realize MM calls the plays, don't you? Him giving up play calling would be akin to Jerruh Jones or Al Davis (RIP) giving up the GM spot. Pry it out of their cold dead fingers. It'd be easier than getting the checkbook away from my wife though.
Agreed play calling has been better this year but this game we knew we would have to go TD for TD and we failed on offense also. Get someone in here so MM can focus in other areas like time outs and clock management.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of all the fire so-and-so threats this is the one that is honestly completely ridiculous
I think it might be time to maybe take a break. I had a feeling with every win the angst and need to complain was just filling some people up. They couldn't wait for that loss to happen so they could unleash LOL

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed play calling has been better this year but this game we knew we would have to go TD for TD and we failed on offense also. Get someone in here so MM can focus in other areas like time outs and clock management.
My point is, he won't give it up. The little while he did last season was the only time. And he took it back (but did no better) when the offense started its funk.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of all the fire so-and-so threats this is the one that is honestly completely ridiculous
Why is this ridiculous MM is the head of this ship if its failing it all should fall on his shoulders no? He is the captain, if this is ridiculous then everything should stay the same because he is the captain of this ship. I dont think its ridiculous at all. I think he should be held accountable just as much as TT, i think he should be held more accountable then Capers because Capers works for MM and MM doesnt have the balls to let anyone go.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is this ridiculous MM is the head of this ship if its failing it all should fall on his shoulders no? He is the captain, if this is ridiculous then everything should stay the same because he is the captain of this ship. I dont think its ridiculous at all. I think he should be held accountable just as much as TT, i think he should be held more accountable then Capers because Capers works for MM and MM doesnt have the balls to let anyone go.

Firing the coach of the injury decimated team (with a gm who sits on his hands and is incapable of drafting defensive players) that just played in the NFC championship game is ridiculous, period end of story. If you truly don't understand that I don't know what to say to you. That being said, if he does not fire Capers this off season, I will be pretty mystified as the defensive culture needs to change on this team.

Edit: regarding my comment about Thompson, from outside perspective it appears he sits on his hands is all I am saying. I honestly don't have any clue as to whether he tried to address the cornerback situation or the middle linebacker and safety situations of years past it just seems from an outside perspective that he did not.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Get someone in here so MM can focus in other areas like time outs and clock management.

OK. Clock management.. Today they couldn't hear the play being called in.. Hand signals take to long..

So how do you recommend to help that situation?

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Firing the coach of the injury decimated team (with a gm who sits on his hands and is incapable of drafting defensive players) that just played in the NFC championship game is ridiculous, period end of story. If you truly don't understand that I don't know what to say to you. That being said, if he does not fire Capers this off season, I will be pretty mystified as the defensive culture needs to change on this team.

Edit: regarding my comment about Thompson, from outside perspective it appears he sits on his hands is all I am saying. I honestly don't have any clue as to whether he tried to address the cornerback situation or the middle linebacker and safety situations of years past it just seems from an outside perspective that he did not.
Been hearing that excuse for some years now, I guess your not tired of hearing about injuries yet. There will be nothing to tell me because that excuse is old to me now.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK. Clock management.. Today they couldn't hear the play being called in.. Hand signals take to long..

So how do you recommend to help that situation?
Like aaron said in the presser gotta go all in, win in the regular season and you wont have those problems. Stop playing development football get players in here that can contribute stop reaching for players and draft skill players. Be more active in FA. Win in the regular season to get Home field advantage and you wont have to worry about hearing plays being called.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Like aaron said in the presser gotta go all in, win in the regular season and you wont have those problems. Stop playing development football get players in here that can contribute stop reaching for players and draft skill players. Be more active in FA. Win in the regular season to get Home field advantage and you wont have to worry about hearing plays being called.
No.. Clock management? You mentioned it.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I will not say fire MM but he should decide am I going to head coach this team or focus on mainly one aspect, he may see points put up buy a power offense but would like to see a season of him being a DC or can he?

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will not say fire MM but he should decide am I going to head coach this team or focus on mainly one aspect, he may see points put up buy a power offense but would like to see a season of him being a DC or can he?
Im not saying fire him Im saying he needs to make some needed moves to his staff because the staff he has now is not going to cut it, its the same thing year after year and its old. Im saying if he cant make the necessary moves because hes more of a friend then a boss to his staff then he should be cut with them.

Reaction score
Im not saying fire him Im saying he needs to make some needed moves to his staff because the staff he has now is not going to cut it, its the same thing year after year and its old. Im saying if he cant make the necessary moves because hes more of a friend then a boss to his staff then he should be cut with them.
I think Dom Capers has a great defensive mind but I believe he is always a step behind the times. His game plan is like watching someone burn themselves on a stove and then continue going back for more. Today it was like watching your good friend slowly bleed out and refusing to apply pressure.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Dom Capers has a great defensive mind but I believe he is always a step behind the times. His game plan is like watching someone burn themselves on a stove and then continue going back for more. Today it was like watching your good friend slowly bleed out and refusing to apply pressure.
I totally agree with you lol, Ive watched dom over the years and dom capers always was a blitzing D coordinator but with the talent he has been delt have been forced to back off what he excelled at. I think MM needs to make a move and make something happen or we will have another year like this.

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But.. but... but... he is a successful NFL coach because he said so himself!

I don't mind when one ***** their own horn. Sometimes it has to be done.
But it's only justified when they have the big wins to back it up and I'm sorry, but I don't see that with McMoron.
Sure, he's a good coach but just how good is he with only one SB win and tons of playoff losses to back that up?

D

Deleted member 6794

While I agree that changes have to be made this offseason there´s absolutely no reason to move on from McCarthy.

McCarthy is highly successful as a play caller. He gave it up at the start of the 2015 season and the offense struggled. The unit improved again this season with MM taking it back.