Fire mike mccarthy now !!!!!!! ?????

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
So what your saying is we should get rid of all the players you called out and keep MM?? HA
Drops, fumbles, and penalties aren't anything new to the Packers under MM at some point he has to be held accountable. Bring in Jon Gruden...A-Rod and Gruden would be a great combo!
Yeah, I don't understand this thinking. Why do some people think that MM is the cornerstone holding this team together? No one should be calling for a coaching change now, but I don't think it's all that unreasonable if we don't make the playoffs.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want him consistently over 4 yards per carry.

As I pointed out in the other thread, the 11.5 YPC against Washington drastically skews his average. He was awful the first 3 games he had as starter. Especially the 1.7 YPC against Chicago.

Of course the big run skews his stats, how do you think all the other running backs get their averages up? They have a bunch of small, insignificant runs followed by the occasional huge run.

But since we're talking "skewed stats", consider this: If the hold on his 12 yard gainer vs. Chicago didn't happen, he would have averaged 3 ypc, not 1.7. No, not great, but not totally terrible either when you consider Chicago has the best run defense in the league, and that's only with 8 friggin carries.

If he were putting up these same numbers while getting the ball 20-25 times a game, we'd be in agreement that we need to do something else. But at the moment he's getting the ball half as much as most feature backs do. I'm sorry, but I maintain that's not enough for him to get into any real kind of rhythm where he can be effective.

FWIW, Ryan Grant isn't always over 4 ypc either. The difference though is he got the ball some 7-9 times more per game than Brandon Jackson currently does. 17-19 carries per game vs. 10. Makes a huge difference in the grand scheme of things.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I've never been a Grant fan either.

It's like I've been saying, there's always better. We've had what? 3 years to watch Jackson? Nothing, not one thing, in those 3 years has shown me he can be a feature back in the NFL.

We act like he's just now getting a chance. Don't you think in the 3 years he's been here if McCarthy saw something in him he would be given a bigger role than blocking back?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, because McCarthy's offensive philosophy isn't to run the ball, it's to throw the ball. In his system, you only need one feature back who can gain enough yardage to keep defenses honest and a change of pace back every so often.

I have no idea what McCarthy's thoughts are on Jackson as a running back. I've heard him say he's improved at the position, and that he likes him, so I have no choice but to take him at his word. Whatever his reasons are for not giving Jackson more carries is beyond me.

Jordan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not believe that firing him is the answer (IMO).

If we were not plagued with injuries right now we could probably be 5-0...then we would see posts that Mike McCarthy should be Coach of the Year. I think we are blaming him for the injuries and 3-2 start, when it is not his fault alone (everyone is making mistakes, not just him).

Is it MM fault that Donald Driver dropped four passes (or was it three)? No (he is a veteran player and needs to make those catches)
Is it MM fault that Donald Lee fumbled on the first drive? No (also a veteran, just needs to work on ball security)
Is it MM fault that Charles Woodson had penalties on the game losing drives of both losses (WAS and CHI) that gave opponents automatic first downs? No (another veteran - he plays such physical football that something like that is going to be called). Penalties are often associated with coaching, but when it is a veteran player (Woodson, Tauscher, etc.) they need to know better???
Is it MM fault that Aaron Rodgers threw the overtime INT that led to a game-winning FG? No (a punt would have been better than a forced throw)

Do I agree that he is not adapting very well to the injuries and changes? FOR SURE! I personally don't like their play calling this season (i.e. it was my opinion that we abandoned the run way too early yesterday). Also, the team developed some good chemistry in the preseason, and now with new injuries each week they have to redevelop that chemistry EACH week. I'm sure MM is frustrated in addition to the players, I just don't think it is fair to put all of the blame on him. 3-2 with half the defensive starters out, and playing the game without our starting RB and two TE's...hmmmm.

I think we need to give it some time before we start blaming...IMO blaming too early never leads to good things. For all we know, he is coming up with some great changes and the Packers will win their last 11 games...who knows at this point (we're not even mid season yet). If they started blaming MM in the locker room too, do you think the team would improve?

This is all just my opinion of course, and I certainly understand that some (or even many) may disagree with me...I just ask that you respect my opinion (and I certainly respect the opposite view, even though I do not completely agree). Thank you.

I think most of us can agree on three things though...:viksux::chisux::detsux:

Is it his fault of that stuff happened?:banghead: YES!!!!!!!!!!! Its called discipline, and since MM has been in here we have been one of the most penalized teams in the NFL, all of those things that you listed are because we dont have discipline! You dont think Bill Cowher wouldnt love to come to Legendary GB and coach? At least then we would know our players would be playing with discipline!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Is it his fault of that stuff happened?:banghead: YES!!!!!!!!!!! Its called discipline, and since MM has been in here we have been one of the most penalized teams in the NFL, all of those things that you listed are because we dont have discipline! You dont think Bill Cowher wouldnt love to come to Legendary GB and coach? At least then we would know our players would be playing with discipline!
Again...

Bill Cowher would want full control. GM, coach, the works. Do we want to go that route after Sherman killed us a few years ago? I don't.

IF we're replacing McCarthy, I'd rather bring in Gruden, because I think he'd just want the coach role.

Jordan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again...

Bill Cowher would want full control. GM, coach, the works. Do we want to go that route after Sherman killed us a few years ago? I don't.

IF we're replacing McCarthy, I'd rather bring in Gruden, because I think he'd just want the coach role.

Hey, I cant disagree with J.Gruden thats for sure. I would love to see him roam the sidelines again. But total GM control from Bill Cowher might not be a bad thing. Remember, you cant even get close to comparing Mike Sherman and Bill Cowher!

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A-rod + Gruden = I just wet my pants.

There is no announcer as enthusiastic about GB as Gruden. He just loves us.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hate gruden. no. he's not that great of a coach. he stockpiles QBs and neglects everything else.

Mko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats because he didn't have a QB in TB. If he came to GB we have our QB he could just spend his time coming up with plays for are talented weapons on offense!

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF THE PACKERS CANT GET UP AND REALLY SHOW THEM SELF THIS WEEK....
I'M BLAMING IT ALL ON MCCARTHY......
NO REASON THAT OUR BACKUPS CANT COME IN AND PLAY GOOD (maybe not great)

I WANT TO SEE HOW GOOD HIS COACHING IS WHEN HE'S PINNED AGAINST THE WALL

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i will blame mccarthy..
this is the NFL...
we havent seen mccarthy do anything in his 5 yrs here..
wow,,,,,NFC championship game loss at home...doesnt count...

pay attention: how many times have the packers lost heart-breaking games in last 3 years... over 10. most in NFL.

he doesnt know how to coach close out a game ! bar none !!

why doesnt he have a wide outs ever in motion??? big question?
only team in NFL . that doesnt send his receivers in motion. only TE's.. to help for blocking..

i'm hoping this week . the light-bulb finally turns on and mccarthy coachs a complete game !!!!!!

1. playcalling ( call lots of slants and crossing routes and delayed draws )
2. staying agressive
3. throwing the red-flag ( ********, does he suck in the middle of a game. he lets his emotions take over)
4. NO RUNNING GAME = NO RUNNING 4th and goal . take the damn FG pts.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF THE PACKERS CANT GET UP AND REALLY SHOW THEM SELF THIS WEEK....
I'M BLAMING IT ALL ON MCCARTHY......
NO REASON THAT OUR BACKUPS CANT COME IN AND PLAY GOOD (maybe not great)

I WANT TO SEE HOW GOOD HIS COACHING IS WHEN HE'S PINNED AGAINST THE WALL

That is what I am waiting for. We have not seen the Packers play 4 quarters of good football.....in a row.......since last year. I think this is a game that we need to show up for, play well on offense, defense, special teams.........and coaching.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Our pass defense sucks ***. Whenever a team needs to make a play against us........they make it. The Packers on the other hand don't shoot themselves in the foot with a .22 cal. pistol........they do it with a M203 grenade launcher. I have watched all the games so far this year and I swear it looks like somebody put LSD in our gatorade. I am just waiting for us to play a complete game and actually look good.

Not sure if I agree with kicking MM to the curb at this point but if the special teams screws up again..........Slocum needs to go. I have been screaming about firing his *** for 2 years.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
MM can stay, TT is the problem imo.

MM is on a leash now though, obviously no super bowl this year, but he better go DEEP playoffs next year.

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EXACTLY WHAT I EXPECTED FROM A MIKE MCCARTHY COACHED TEAM....

NEVER CAN CLOSE OUT A WIN....

MIKE MCCARTHY 0-5 IN OVERTIME GAMES....

FIRE HIM NOW.........

****NING RE-HIRE BART STAR TO TAKE OVER.....LOL ...AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

FAVRE WILL CRUSH US NEXT WEEK

:viksux::viksux:

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just saw a great stat about the Packers under McCarthy

Packers are 4-13 in games 5 pts or less !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO JOKE !!!!!
how can we win anything?
with a coach THAT CANNOT GET THE JOB DONE !!!!!

i can understand if the record was 1-4 after 5games
17 games is over a full season of losing big games

i love 2 here all the TT and MM lovers that defend them....
why do you defend them?
do you feel like were big bullies?
i feel like were being led by a wimpy coach that cannot win the fist fight !!!!
LETS HIRE THE BULLIE COACH 2 GET OUR TEAM 2 WIN THE FIGHT DAMN IT
our coach cannot go 4-13 in close games and keep his job.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is what I am waiting for. We have not seen the Packers play 4 quarters of good football.....in a row.......since last year. I think this is a game that we need to show up for, play well on offense, defense, special teams.........and coaching.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Our pass defense sucks ***. Whenever a team needs to make a play against us........they make it. The Packers on the other hand don't shoot themselves in the foot with a .22 cal. pistol........they do it with a M203 grenade launcher. I have watched all the games so far this year and I swear it looks like somebody put LSD in our gatorade. I am just waiting for us to play a complete game and actually look good.

Not sure if I agree with kicking MM to the curb at this point but if the special teams screws up again..........Slocum needs to go. I have been screaming about firing his *** for 2 years.
We have the same issues on all sides of the ball not just Special Teams which points more towards MM than Solcom.

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we lose Sunday at home vs the Vikings......
fans will lose there mind......

i'm so tired of listening to mccarthys press conference's
he says the same ****, over and over and over and over....
when will a sports reporter finally start asking him the tough questions?

this thread mite be rocking by next Monday if we lose Sunday....

GO PACK
BEAT DA TRAITOR

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are having a hard time right now. That means we all are having a rough time. I am just as pi$$ed off as anyone watching the last few weeks. Its almost like watching the stock market take a dump a few years back. Everyone was like it can't keep going down..........it has to stop........but it didn't.

Hopefully we will turn it around like we did after the Tamps Bay game last year. I already am out of $$$$$ from getting the NFL Sunday ticket just so I can watch the Packers. I'd hate to have to buy a new flat screen because I put 12 rounds into my current TV with my .40 !!!!! I bet the sales of TV's goes up during deer hunting season.........lol. Hopefully not though!

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have the same issues on all sides of the ball not just Special Teams which points more towards MM than Solcom.

If our special teams was just a little better. That would already be two more wins. It is true we are struggling everywhere. Our special teams was one of the worst in the NFL last year.

Ask yourself this. Did our entire team suck last year? Did our Defense suck last year? Did our offense suck last year? The obvious answer is no..... no......and he11 no.

Did our Special Teams Suck???? Ya damn skippy they did.

Slocum needs to be kicked to the Curb. The only thing MM needs to do is quit trying to be so perfect and nice..............and GO the FK off on a few people. I understand being professional .......but he basically needs to look at his coaching staff and all the players........and tell them all in a mandatory meeting to look around.........because if we don't play a perfect game next week, their is a good chance half of you won't be here!

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slocum needs to be kicked to the Curb. The only thing MM needs to do is quit trying to be so perfect and nice..............and GO the FK off on a few people. I understand being professional .......but he basically needs to look at his coaching staff and all the players........and tell them all in a mandatory meeting to look around.........because if we don't play a perfect game next week, their is a good chance half of you won't be here!

MM is the 2nd coolest cucumber behind Wade Phillips... and I don't like that. I want a coach that has anger management issues.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So now people know that MM never goes off on people behind closed doors?

I am willing to bet he lays wood when needed....He just dosnt do it in public to often

HINT

Training camp, more than once the F word was heard very loud to players for all the audible to hear and see..

But also know Finleys rookie season he was smarting off to the press? I have knowledge that MM brought him in to his office and explained to him not to do that anymore, in his best Al Capone imitation

Members online

Latest posts